From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
West Pride in Gothenburg 2024
One of the most livable cities in Sweden, Gothenburg is also a proudly working class city with a large working harbor, modern architecture and thriving cultural scene.
- Most of Gothenburg’s gay and gay-friendly clubs and bars are located in the Centrum district. Stay close to the bustling nightlife at the “Fabulous” rated Avalon Hotel, featuring spacious rooms, a rooftop pool and excellent location.
Gothenburg pride features some great parties, a series of cultural events and a main parade through the city on the final weekend of the event.
The Pride Parade
- Typically the second Saturday in June. – Pride Parade is West Pride’s biggest event. It is both a colourful party and a manifestation for LGBTQI+ rights. The departure is 1 pm.
- Typically the Parade departs from Gibraltarvallen, same place as the Chalmers Cortége. It will continue along Gibraltargatan, Viktor Rydbergsgatan, Götaplatsen, Kungsportsavenyn, and end at Bältespännarparken.
- Stay close to the pride festivities at The Dorsia Hotel, a unique hotel rated “Superb” by guests and highly-rated for its location, delicious breakfasts and delightful design.
- Saturday and Sunday – In Pride Park organisers create a centre of activities, colors and solidarity, together with the festival’s exhibitors, restaurant and artists. This year Pride Park will be in Eriksbergshallen where you can hang out, enjoy good food and exciting shows on the stage. West Pride aims to create a safe meeting point for LGBTQI+ people at all ages, and also include families with children.
- Pride House, will host seminars, talks, exhibitions, and workshops around Götaplatsen.
- The official flag period takes place over 7 days. Then the whole city and the region will fly rainbow flags.
In similar cities in other parts of the world—think Liverpool or Melbourne—the LGBTQ community has often had to struggle to earn acceptance, blazing a vibrant rainbow trail along the way that has helped create an urban renaissance of sorts. So is the case with Gothenburg, or Göteborg, as the locals call it, and West Pride is the community organization that led the way.
- Beebar is Gothenburg’s hetero friendly city centre LGBTQ hotspot, bar and restaurant.
- Wish You Were Queer – Prom Queens & Working Class Queeros United — that’s what the organisers say about this club that attracts an alternative queer crowd. Popular with locals. The club was held at canal boat Rio Rio over the summer but moves between different locations during the year.
- Gretas is Gothenburg’s only permanent gay bar. During Pride this two-floor establishment is heaving. Expect pop tunes, drag acts and a mixed crowd — as well as lots of dancing until the early hours.
- Gothenburg’s biggest monthly gay club, Club Queer, is held every last Friday of the month.
Trending Hotels in Gothenburg
The following hotels are currently trending in Gothenburg. All are close to the pride celebrations and the city’s gay bars:
Gay Map of Gothenburg
Gothenburg has a small but lively scene located in the “Centrum” district, right in the heart of the city! Expect hotels to fill up for Europride well in advance.
Recommended Hotels in Gothenburg By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Gothenburg that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Bold décor and luxury Carpe Diem beds with Egyptian cotton bedding are featured in all Dorsia Hotel rooms. Each includes a minibar, bathrobes with slippers and an internet-connected Lava Invit TV with free movie channels. International cuisine with French influences is served at Dorsia Hotel & Restaurant. Guests can enjoy a daily breakfast buffet
Elite Plaza Hotel
5 Star, Readers Choice
Located in a stylish neo-classical building in central Gothenburg, Elite Plaza Hotel combines old-fashioned comfort with modern amenities. It offers free Wi-Fi and tastefully decorated rooms with LCD TVs. Rooms at The Elite Plaza are equipped with a minibar, cable TV and safe. The decór is a blend of international and classic Scandinavian design.
4 Star, Great Value
This stylish hotel is situated by Kungsportsplatsen Square, 800 m from Gothenburg Central Station. All rooms include a 42-inch LED TV, bathrobes, and slippers. Avalon Hotel’s sleek rooms are decorated with the principles of Feng Shui in mind. The rooms have either oak floors or stone tiles. Guests are offered 4 different types of pillow.
4 Star, Location
This Radisson Blu hotel lies opposite Gothenburg Central Station, within the city’s canal system. The hotel features an in-house spa and yoga studio with free yoga classes for guests (subject to availability). WiFi and gym access are free. Cable TV is provided in all of the spacious rooms. Some feature a Nespresso coffee machine, as well as street or canal views.
Video Of Gay Gothenburg Pride
Highlights of the Europride event that took place in Gothenburg