From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
West Pride in Gothenburg 2022
One of the most livable cities in Sweden, Gothenburg is also a proudly working class city with a large working harbor, modern architecture and thriving cultural scene. In similar cities in other parts of the world—think Liverpool or Melbourne—the LGBTQ community has often had to struggle to earn acceptance, blazing a vibrant rainbow trail along the way that has helped create an urban renaissance of sorts. So is the case with Gothenburg, or Göteborg, as the locals call it, and West Pride is the community organization that led the way.
Gothenburg pride will feature some great parties, a series of cultural events and a main parade through the city on the final weekend of the event.
The Pride Parade
- October 2nd – Pride Parade is West Pride’s biggest event. It is both a colourful party and a manifestation for LGBTQI+ rights. The departure is 1 pm.
- The Parade is set to depart from Gibraltarvallen, same place as the Chalmers Cortége. It will continue along Gibraltargatan, Viktor Rydbergsgatan, Götaplatsen, Kungsportsavenyn, and end at Bältespännarparken.
- Oct 2nd and 3rd – In Pride Park organisers create a centre of activities, colors and solidarity, together with the festival’s exhibitors, restaurant and artists. This year Pride Park will be in Eriksbergshallen where you can hang out, enjoy good food and exciting shows on the stage. West Pride aims to create a safe meeting point for LGBTQI+ people at all ages, and also include families with children.
Pride House, will host seminars, talks, exhibitions, and workshops around Götaplatsen. The official flag period takes place from 20 September to 3 October. Then the whole city and the region will fly rainbow flags.
- Beebar is Gothenburg’s hetero friendly city centre LGBTQ hotspot, bar and restaurant.
- Wish You Were Queer – Prom Queens & Working Class Queeros United — that’s what the organisers say about this club that attracts an alternative queer crowd. Popular with locals. The club was held at canal boat Rio Rio over the summer but moves between different locations during the year.
- Gretas is Gothenburg’s only permanent gay bar. During Pride this two-floor establishment is heaving. Expect pop tunes, drag acts and a mixed crowd — as well as lots of dancing until the early hours.
- Gothenburg’s biggest monthly gay club, Club Queer, is held every last Friday of the month.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Gothenburg
Gothenburg has a small but lively scene located in the “Centrum” district, right in the heart of the city! Expect hotels to fill up for Europride well in advance.
Recommended Hotels in Gothenburg
We have selected some of the best rated hotels in the centre of the city so you can get to the events and parade easily.
5 Star, Luxury
This modern and exclusive boutique hotel, offers free WiFi & a contemporary restaurant with bar, bold décor & luxury Carpe Diem beds with Egyptian cotton bedding.
Elite Plaza Hotel
5 Star – Luxury
In a stylish neo-classical building in central Gothenburg, Elite Plaza Hotel combines old-fashioned comfort with modern amenities. It has free Wi-Fi & tastefully decorated rooms
4 Star, Comfort
Avalon Hotel’s sleek rooms are decorated with the principles of Feng Shui in mind. The rooms have either oak floors or stone tiles. Guests are offered 4 different types of pillow
4 Star, Boutique style
This Radisson Blu hotel lies opposite Gothenburg Central Station, within the city’s canal system. The hotel features an in-house spa and yoga studio with free yoga classes
Video Of Gay Gothenburg Pride
Highlights of the Europride event that took place in Gothenburg