From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
From: Awaiting dates
- Fetish Dinner
- Brunch events
- Black fetish night
- Leather night
October in Vienna Fill up fast with events
To get the best deal and save up to 70%
Book your hotel early!
A weekend of Austrian Fetish fun, Vienna in Black 2024
The international leather and fetish meeting in Vienna features a whole range of events, from fetish dinner to leather brunch, shopping tours and much more.
- Visiting for Vienna in Black? Stay close to the parties and the gay bars in the Nachmarkt district. Try the K+K Hotel Maria Theresia, rated “Fabulous”, a 4 star hotel with modern decor and delicious buffet breakfast.
- Vienna, the capital city of Austria, boasts a rich tapestry of culture, music, and history and yes, leather! While it’s renowned worldwide for its classical music and architectural wonders, the city also has an active and diverse LGBTQ+ scene, with the gay fetish and leather community being a significant part of it.
- LMC Vienna (Leather & Motorbike Community Vienna) is one of the city’s main organizations representing the leather and fetish community. They organize many events, including the annual “Vienna in Black” festival, which is a highlight in Europe’s fetish calendar.
- While leather and fetish are at the core, Vienna’s scene embraces various other fetishes and kinks, ensuring inclusivity. The community is not just about parties; they also come together for discussions, workshops, and social gatherings.
- Stay in the Innere Stadt (1st District): Vienna’s historical city center, this district is close to many of the city’s LGBTQ+ bars, clubs, and fetish-friendly venues. It offers a mix of upscale hotels and more budget-friendly accommodations.
- Awaiting schedule for 2024 – The 2024 Leather Festival in Vienna promises a week of immersive experiences for the fetish community.
- Kicking off with an intriguing blend of rubber and sports-themed night, attendees can indulge in a series of engaging events, including a fetish marketplace to refresh their wardrobes, retro music nights, and intimate meet-and-greets.
- The weekend continues with a mix of cultural events, traditional Viennese dinners, and themed parties with a hardcore edge.
- A farewell brunch and an horny ‘Strip Naked’ evening round off the festival.
- Hardon Vienna – Official Clubhouse for Vienna in Black. Full on gay cruise club with playground and regular theme nights.
- Stay close to the parties at Hardon at the Hotel Indigo, rated “Superb” by guests, just a short walk from the club, featuring bright, spacious rooms, just steps from the metro.
- Eagle Vienna – Located in the middle of the gay mile district, complete with front bar for drinks and a large cruising area dark room in the back. Late opening (4am).
- Ropp – Republic of Patta Patta – Popular gay restaurant by Dries and Christian, with famous cake buffet, Sunday quiz night and karaoke Wednesdays.
- Gayt Store, Schönbrunner Straße 68, 1050 Vienna: The go-to shop for exclusive fetish apparel and accessories.
- Waldviertlerhof, Schönbrunner Strasse 20, 1050 Wien: A classic Viennese eatery serving local cuisine in a cozy atmosphere.
- das WERK, Spittelauer Lände 12, 1090 Wien: A pulsating venue promoting inclusivity, with music and events for every persuasion.
- The Soldo Gallery, Mittersteig 1, 1040 Wien: An art space showcasing the works of local artists with a focus on Vienna’s fetish history.
- Heuriger Maly, Sandgasse 8, 1190 Wien: A traditional Viennese tavern offering a rustic feel in Grinzing’s heart.
- Café Savoy, Linke Wienzeile 36, 1060 Wien: An elegant café renowned for its opulent interiors and sumptuous brunches.
Recommended Hotels in Vienna
The following hotels are all close to the city’s top attractions and gay nightlife:
Gay Map of Vienna
Wienzeile (‘Vienna Row’) is a street that runs through the city along the Vienna River. It is divided into Rechte (right) Wienzeile and the Linke (left) Wienzeile. Many gay bars and venues are located along both sides of Wienzeile.
Video Gay Vienna Guide
Discover the best of gay Vienna.
Recommended Hotels in Vienna By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Vienna that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
The luxurious, renowned 5-star Hotel Imperial is set directly on the Ringstraße boulevard in the heart of Vienna and takes you back to the times of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. It features exclusive hotel rooms, a gourmet restaurant and a 24-hour rooftop fitness centre with a sauna. It was inaugurated in 1873 by Emperor Francis Joseph as the Palais Württemberg.
5 Star, Readers Choice
Built in 1913, Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof is located in the centre of the first district of Vienna, only a few steps from the Hofburg Imperial Palace. Free WiFi is available. The Herrenhof’s air-conditioned rooms are very spacious and comfortably furnished. The Viennese studio Einwaller decorated the rooms and other parts of the hotel with 21st century interpretations of various styles
Austria Trend Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Set in a charming building from 1912, Austria Trend Hotel Astoria Wien is located in the centre of Vienna, right on the famous Kärtnerstraße shopping street. Free WiFi is available. The elegant rooms are decorated with period furniture and come with wooden floors, a flat-screen cable TV, a minibar, a safe, a work desk, and a bathroom.
K+K Hotel Maria
4 Star, Location
The modern and elegant K+K Hotel Maria Theresia enjoys a central and quiet location right in Vienna’s artists’ quarter of Spittelberg and offers free WiFi, a wellness and a fitness area. The city centre is within a 10-minute stroll. The comfortable guestrooms offer modern luxury and a stylish interior design, with designer bathrooms and many modern amenities.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Vienna
Vienna, the capital of Austria, has a rich cultural history and a diverse, open-minded atmosphere. Vienna hosts various LGBTQ+ events and festivals throughout the year. One major event is Vienna Pride, which includes a colorful parade and various cultural activities. This celebration promotes visibility, acceptance, and equality for the LGBTQ+ community.
Naschmarkt District | Close to the city centre
- The Naschmarkt area has a lively atmosphere, diverse culinary scene, and several gay and gay-friendly venues.
- Kettenbrückengasse street in quite popular, famous for its gay friendly environment.
- The street is home to several gay bars, cafes, and clubs.
- It is a hub for socializing and comes alive at from early evening to late at night, especially on weekends.
The Mariahilf district, along Gumpendorfer Strasse, is home to an eclectic mix of shops, cafes, and bars. Also great for shopping.
This street runs along the southern edge of the city center & includes the famous Naschmarkt, home to several gay cafes and bars.
Other Events in October
Latest Gay Travel News
Discover the best of Vienna’s LGBTQ+ scene with our comprehensive gay guide. Explore popular gay bars, welcoming restaurants, and cozy hotels in the heart of the city.
The Top Gay Winter Sun Destinations. From the beaches of Sydney to the desert oasis of Palm Springs, Miami Pool parties and more!
Gay Rio Guide, Discover the top gay bars, clubs, hotels and things to see and do in Rio. Plus full event calendar.
Trending Events & Articles
Here are the most popular events searched for and viewed by our readers over the past 7 days: