From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Valencia Gay Pride 2024
Valencia is a friendly and open-minded city, where everybody is made to feel welcome, whatever their sexuality. For many years the city has had a thriving gay scene with many bars and clubs proudly displaying the rainbow flag. And the annual LGBT Pride celebration has become a major event where everybody, locals and visitors alike, join in the party.
- Stay in the centre of Valencia, close to the gay bars by the Colon metro station. The streets are lined with cafes and bars.
- Saturday – Awaiting dates – The streets of Valencia fill with color during the Pride Parade. Expect drag queens in their finest outfits and plenty of noise and multicolored flags, but above all, a joyous atmosphere as the parade goes through the city center, starting at 7.30pm at Puerta de la Mar.
Fiesta del Orgullo LGBT
- Saturday – Awaiting dates – The parade ends at the Plaza del Ayuntamiento (City Hall Square), where the biggest party of all will then unfold: the Fiesta del Orgullo LGBT, starting at 9.30pm.
- Get ready to dance well into the small hours to party tunes by a selection of the best local DJs and artists.
La Matina, Super Pride
- La Matina is a social club hosting epic parties during Valencia’s biggest events including Pride. It is located on Carrer de Dénia, 83, 46006 València, Valencia, Spain
- Club Deseo 54 hosts a week long series of parties in the lead up to pride and several mega events on the final weekend with guest DJs and international acts. Awaiting event details for 2024.
- The LGBT Pride celebrations in Valencia don’t last just one day, but over a whole month! Throughout June, the city has played host to an LGBT Film Festival, concerts, book presentations, special theatre performances and exhibitions.
- And on 28th June, the Diputación de Valencia (provincial government) building in the historic city center will light up with the colors of the rainbow flag to celebrate International LGBT Pride Day.
Valencia is Spain’s third largest city, 350m from Barcelona and home to the stunning Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias, Europe’s largest aquarium and stunning historic sights such as the Cathedral and the city’s Modernist architecture. The city’s gay bars are all located in the centre, quite close to one another. Popular venues include:
- The Muse – Busy pre-clubbing music bar with dance floor close to Deso 54, the city’s popular late night entertainment spot.
- Bubu – Gay Valencia’s busy bear bar.
- Cross – Long running cruise bar with occasional shows.
- La Boba y el Gato Rancio – Cocktail bar with a small street terrace in the Russafa district.
- Most late night partying takes place in the famous Deseo 54 club on Friday and Saturday nights from 1am to 7.30am.
- Fetish Morning’s Social Club is a popular after hours party from 7am on C. de Sant Vicent Mártir 386.
- Tête-à-Tête – is located outside the city centre, but still very popular with locals and visitors. The sauna hosts special theme night parties which are especially popular.
Recommended Hotels in Valencia
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to the city’s top attractions and pride celebrations:
Map of Valencia
The gay scene in Valencia is spread out in 2 distinct districts, The Botànic/Quart and Russafa (Ruzafa). Both are within close walking distance from the Old Town centre. The city also has one gay beach, Platja de l’Arbre del Gos which is outside of the city, however the city beach is packed full of gay boys throughout the season.
Recommended Hotels in Valencia By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Valencia that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
SH Valencia Palace
5 Star, Luxury
Located in front of the Palau de la Música in Valencia, this elegant hotel features a rooftop swimming pool and sun terrace. It offers spacious rooms with a classic design and free Wi-Fi. The Albufera restaurant offers local cuisine based on fresh products and gluten-free options are available. There is also a snack bar, an express bar and a lobby bar. A buffet breakfast is served
4 Star, Readers Choice
Zenit Valencia boasts a fantastic central location opposite Valencia’s Estación del Norte and the city’s bullring. It offers free Wi-Fi and has a fitness centre, sauna and car park. All rooms at the Zenit are stylishly furnished, with a private bathroom complete with hairdryer. Each room also contains a work desk, safety deposit box and plasma TV with satellite channels.
4 Star, Great Value
Vincci Palace is located in central Valencia, 5 minutes’ walk from the Cathedral. It is an attractive design hotel offering elegant rooms with satellite TV and free internet access. The Hotel Vincci Palace serves a buffet breakfast, which includes gluten-free products. There is a stylish on-site café selling refreshments and snacks, and a wide variety of restaurants can be found within a 5-minute walk
3 Star, Location
Decorated with bright red accents, the modern rooms at Kimpton Banneker Hotel feature a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi access, and a work desk. An en suite bathroom and a minibar are also included. Bar Rouge offers breakfast, dinner, and weekday happy hour specials in a sleek, modern environment. Morning coffee and tea are available
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Valencia
Valencia is LGBTQ+ friendly, and there are several areas in the city that are popular among the gay community. The city is also known for its vibrant culture, stunning architecture, and rich history.
Ruzafa | A trendy & diverse neighborhood
- Ruzafa has historically been a diverse and inclusive neighborhood, attracting people from various backgrounds.
- It has a reputation for being LGBTQ+ friendly and is home to many gay-friendly bars, cafes, and venues.
- The streets of Ruzafa are adorned with colorful street art and murals, contributing to the neighborhood’s vibrant and dynamic atmosphere.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Ruzafa
El Carmen is the historic old town of Valencia, with its narrow streets, medieval architecture, and bohemian vibe.
One of Valencia’s most popular & iconic beaches. It’s a wide, sandy beach with a long promenade, perfect for relaxing.