From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Bilbao Gay Pride 2024
Gay Pride Bilbao, also known as Bilbao Bizkaia Pride, takes place in June each year and is billed as a socio-cultural festival that advocates for LGBT visibility and for diversity.
- Visiting Bilbao? Stay close to Bilbao’s gay venues, located within close proximity to each other in the areas known as Casco Viejo and Bilbao La Vieja.
- The pride is centred around Bilbao Pride Stage (Arenal) with shows and acts taking place nightly from 8pm.
- Other events include the Football Championship for diversity in sports (men’s and women’s), a family day and a Brunch for diversity in the Gastronomic Route.
- The Basque region’s message is positive, inclusive and welcoming: “everyone can join us because, no matter who or what, love always wins!”
Bilbao Pride Parade
- The highlight of Bilbao Pride is the parade itself, which is not a traditional parade, but rather a flotilla!
- Route and time to be confirmed – On the Saturday of the event at 17:30 boats leave from the estuary of Bilbao (departure: Pio Baroja) and continue along the river.
- Parties take place on all the boats and they are decorated with bright rainbow colours for all of Bilbao to see!
- Stay close to all the pride celebrations at the NYX Hotel Bilbao, rated “Fabulous” with modern rooms and the perfect location between the old and new town.
- The bars and clubs of Bilbao will also host parties and events. Bilbao’s compact and highly local gay scene itself, is centred around the Old Town and the aptly-named San Francisco district just across the river and wrapped around the main train station.
- By no means everyone will speak English – or Spanish. Hub of northern Spain’s staunchly independent Basque region, Bilbao was a gay Mecca long before the Guggenheim Museum opened its doors
Where to stay in Bilbao
The following hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Gay Map of Bilbao
The gay scene centers around the Casco Viejo near the historic “seven streets” of the old city center, and the area between the river and San Frantzisko Kalea (Calle de San Francisco). All points area easily walkable, one from another.
Recommended Hotels in Bilbao By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Bilbao that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Hotel Meliá Bilbao
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-star luxury, heated outdoor pool, award-winning restaurant.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Luxurious rooms, flat-screen TV.
- Perfect for art enthusiasts, close to the Guggenheim Museum, with elegant design inspired by Eduardo Chillida.
Villa de Bilbao
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-star, near San Mamés Stadium and Euskalduna Palace.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Free Wi-Fi, fitness center access.
- Ideal for sports and culture lovers, conveniently located near museums and entertainment venues.
Hotel Conde Duque
3 Star, Great Value
- 3-star, offering smart TVs, and central heating.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Coffee maker, free toiletries.
- Combining value and modernity, offers a local cuisine restaurant and is perfect for a comfortable and convenient stay.
Petit Palace Arana
3 Star, Location
- 3-star, 19th-century building, chic design.
- Close to the gay district.
- Air conditioning, minibar, flat-screen TV.
- Nestled in a historic building, this hotel provides a unique blend of old-world charm, ideal for exploring Bilbao’s heart.
Video Of Bilbao Gay Pride
Bilbao Pride 2017 – long version