From: Saturday, May 4, 2024
To: Sunday, May 5, 2024
Valencia Flow Fest 2024
Valencia Flow Fest is a queer-friendly multidisciplinary festival at the beach of Pinedo in the south of Valencia, featuring live music performances, workshops, sports and cultural events.
Where to Stay?
- Are you visiting for the festival? The event takes place to the south of Valencia by the beach in a nature reserve. Your best option is to stay in the centre and take a ride share or bus to the event, which is fast and efficient. The city’s gay bars are all located in Valencia city centre, quite close to one another.
- Check out the Vincci Palace, a 4-star hotel in the old town, close to all the city’s major attractions. The rooms are modern and chic.
- Valencia flow fest will feature some of the best local, national and international artists performing on four different stages with unique musical styles, including Pop, Balearic House, Electronic hits, tropical disco and darkroom.
- The festival takes place in Pinedo, south of Valencia, a 20 to 30 minutes drive from the city centre, depending on traffic. The event kicks off on Friday at 11 pm and closes on Sunday at 8 am.
- Confirmed acts include Samantha Hudson, La Prohibida and Cascales. The festival aims to place the city of Valencia at the epicentre of the international scene of LGBTQ + events, the new capital. Diverse and European.
- Other activities include a gay beach volleyball tournament and other sporting competitions.
Playa de Pinedo y El Saler, Valencia.
- Flowfest takes place in the area of Pinedo and El Saler. It is surrounded by forest, rice fields, beaches and La Albufera, a freshwater lagoon on the gulf of the Valencia coast. It is an idyllic and protected environment.
- As it is a nature reserve, the area has few hotels; however, there are some options. The 5 star Parador el Saler is just 4 minutes walk to the beach and has spacious rooms and a large pool.
- El Saler beach is one of the top-quality beaches in Valencia, Spain. It is located just at the southern end of the city, about half an hour from the centre.
- Its most prominent features include white, fine sand and large natural dunes. Enjoy the clean, blue water and the fresh sea breeze! El Saler is located in a beautiful natural setting, south of Pinedo beach, north of Devesa beach and west of Albufera Natural Park.
Getting to the venue
- Taxis and rideshares are the fastest way to the beach venue. A new EMT bus line runs towards El Saler beach with two destinations, the Palmar and Perellonet. Catchline 25 leads to Palmar, where the bus will stop on Avenida de Los Pinares. The drop off point will lead directly to the El Saler beach access pathway.
Where to stay?
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Map of Valencia
The gay scene in Valencia is spread out in 2 distinct districts, The Botànic/Quart and Russafa (Ruzafa). Both are within close walking distance from the Old Town centre. The city also has one gay beach, Platja de l’Arbre del Gos which is outside of the city, however the city beach is packed full of gay boys throughout the season.
Recommended Hotels in Valencia By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Valencia that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
SH Valencia Palace
5 Star, Luxury
Located in front of the Palau de la Música in Valencia, this elegant hotel features a rooftop swimming pool and sun terrace. It offers spacious rooms with a classic design and free Wi-Fi. The Albufera restaurant offers local cuisine based on fresh products and gluten-free options are available. There is also a snack bar, an express bar and a lobby bar. A buffet breakfast is served
4 Star, Readers Choice
Zenit Valencia boasts a fantastic central location opposite Valencia’s Estación del Norte and the city’s bullring. It offers free Wi-Fi and has a fitness centre, sauna and car park. All rooms at the Zenit are stylishly furnished, with a private bathroom complete with hairdryer. Each room also contains a work desk, safety deposit box and plasma TV with satellite channels.
4 Star, Great Value
Vincci Palace is located in central Valencia, 5 minutes’ walk from the Cathedral. It is an attractive design hotel offering elegant rooms with satellite TV and free internet access. The Hotel Vincci Palace serves a buffet breakfast, which includes gluten-free products. There is a stylish on-site café selling refreshments and snacks, and a wide variety of restaurants can be found within a 5-minute walk
3 Star, Location
Decorated with bright red accents, the modern rooms at Kimpton Banneker Hotel feature a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi access, and a work desk. An en suite bathroom and a minibar are also included. Bar Rouge offers breakfast, dinner, and weekday happy hour specials in a sleek, modern environment. Morning coffee and tea are available
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Valencia
Valencia is LGBTQ+ friendly, and there are several areas in the city that are popular among the gay community. The city is also known for its vibrant culture, stunning architecture, and rich history.
Ruzafa | A trendy & diverse neighborhood
- Ruzafa has historically been a diverse and inclusive neighborhood, attracting people from various backgrounds.
- It has a reputation for being LGBTQ+ friendly and is home to many gay-friendly bars, cafes, and venues.
- The streets of Ruzafa are adorned with colorful street art and murals, contributing to the neighborhood’s vibrant and dynamic atmosphere.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Ruzafa
El Carmen is the historic old town of Valencia, with its narrow streets, medieval architecture, and bohemian vibe.
One of Valencia’s most popular & iconic beaches. It’s a wide, sandy beach with a long promenade, perfect for relaxing.