From: Friday, February 9, 2024
To: Sunday, February 11, 2024
Tulum Carnival 2024
Carnival Tulum is a colorful affair attracting thousands of visitors from all around Quintana Roo, Cancun and beyond for 3 days of parties, shows and parades through this idyllic jungle beach destination.
- Carnival in Tulum attracts thousands of visitors, especially over the weekend. Book your hotel in advance and stay in the centre of town.
- Stay at Escape Tulum, rated “Fabulous” by guests with a large outdoor pool, spacious rooms, a daily happy hour and superb on site restaurant.
Carnival in Tulum
- Carnival or “Carnaval” in Spanish, is a widely celebrated Catholic holiday, known for its Caribbean celebrations and wild colors. Carnival in Tulum typically takes place a week before Ash Wednesday. The holiday exists to celebrate fun and debauchery before the strictness of Lent.
- There are Carnaval celebrations all over the Riviera Maya, and Tulum is no exception. It is an explosion of lights, and color, with bands playing music, parades with floats, elaborate and often feathered costumes, dancing, singing in the streets, fireworks, and food!
- Each town around the area holds their celebration at a different time, so there is time to visit each, and often Tulum in the final party.
The Carnival Parades
- Friday 9th Feb 2024 – The opening Friday begins with a parade of floats starting at Boulevard Tulum and finishing at Maya Museum Park. After the parade, the the crowning of the Carnival king and queen ceremony takes place. The king and queen will lead the celebrations over the weekend. The night ends with a huge carnival ball and parties continue late into the night in the hotels and beach clubs across Tulum.
- Saturday 10th Feb 2024 , the second parade takes place at 7pm. This time the parade starts at the Tulum Boulevard and ends at the Parque Museo Maya, followed by a beautiful costume contest.
- Sunday 11th Feb 2024 sees the conclusion of the Carnaval De Tulum with prizes for the best locals, tourists and group costumes awarded and a closing concert featuring dancing and live performances.
Where to stay in Gay Tulum?
The following Tulum hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Discover the best places to party, stay and play with Our Tulum Guide
Gay Map of Tulum
The town attracts visitors from around the world, from expat hippies to hipsters. There is even a gay bar called “Fruity”! But no matter where you visit, you will find a warm welcome from both locals and fellow chilled travelers.
Recommended Hotels in Tulum By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Tulum that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Located in the jungle side of Tulum, apart from the busy areas and into the quietness of the forest. Eleven separate and independent Villas, with jungle and garden views. Among tall trees, dream catchers and locally sourced handcrafts, with a zen like pool and common area, Una Vida is a fit for families, friends and couples looking for a quiet, fun and chic atmosphere to spend time together.
La Valise Tulum
5 Star, Readers Choice
La Valise is the perfect beach and jungle getaway with its beautiful rooms and stunning beachfront views. Heated infinity pool overlooking the jungle on one end and breathtaking views of the Caribbean ocean on the other. Beds directly on the beach for lounging in the day or laying beneath the stars at night. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, safes, and tea and coffee making facilities.
Mezzanine a Colibri
4 Star, Great Value
Allow yourself the opportunity to enjoy. Enjoy happiness, rays of the sun, a beautiful beach and breathtaking views. Experience authentic Thai and delicious beach food prepared by our award-winning chef. Lose yourself while enjoying the view of the Caribbean Sea. Feel the fresh water and the warm sand beneath your feet as you experience one of the best beaches on the Yucatan Penninsula.
Maria Del Mar
4 Star, Location
Featuring free WiFi, a spa centre and an outdoor pool, Maria Del Mar Tulum offers accommodation in Tulum, 5 km from Archeological Site. The hotel has a year-round outdoor pool, a private beach area, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Certain units feature views of the sea or pool. Rooms have a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hair dryer.
Video of Tulum Carnival
Carnaval “Tulum Mágico 2019