From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Sugarbear Weekend Montreal 2024
Spring brings the bears out of hibernation as Montreal welcomes the return of Sugarbear weekend, a feast of delicious bear parties, events and the Mr Ours competition.
- Stay close to the parties, the gay village and the city’s top attractions at the Hyatt Place Downtown, offering guests spacious rooms, an beautiful indoor pool, modern gym and highly-rated breakfasts.
- Join the furriest, sexiest and horniest bears in Canada as the Sugarbear weekend makes a welcome return to Montreal. Get that sugar flowing!
- Sugarbear is the first Bear Event of the Spring in Montreal and attracts hundreds of hot bears from Canada and beyonf for a weekend of circuit parties, bear meet ups and more.
- Awaiting lineup, venues and schdule for the 2024 edition – The following is a typical weekend of events:
- Friday – Bear Showoff at Aigle Noir (Black Eagle) Montreal – Mix and mingle with the contestants of Mr Ours MTL 2023. From 6 pm until 20 pm.
- Saturday – Concurs, Mr Bear Montreal Competition – Who will be crowned Mr Bear? Watch the Bears perform for the title of Mr Ours, an event focused on promoting body positivity. From 5 pm to 8 pm at Campus Bar.
- The event is followed by LubBEARjack at Stud Bar Motreal, from 10 pm until 3 am. Celebrate with the Winner of the Mr Ours competition. Dress code – lumberjack and dance to the rhythm of guest DJs on two floors.
- Sunday – The Sugar Shack Sunday Brunch in the atrium of Le Stud Bar, from 1 pm until 4pm. Get ready for a syrup orgy to start your Funday Sunday.
- Events end with Pitbull’s “Beef City” at Club Unity with sexy bear DJs, from 10 pm until 3 am.
- Upgrade your Montreal stay at the Hotel St. Thomas, rated “Fabulous” by guests, a unique boutique hotel with modern designer rooms, high-end amenities and excellent location.
- Aigle Noir (Black Eagle) – Popular gay bar and a staple of the Montreal gay scene serving beer & cocktails with guest DJs & a buzzy patio.
- Le Stud Bar – Long running gay bar with a busy happy-hour, with different levels and zones, guest DJs and busy dancefloor.
- Club Unity – In the heart of Montreal’s gay district of Sainte-Catherine, the club hast two different rooms playing a mix of music, a vip zone and a rooftop terrace.
- L’Atrihom – Located in the middle of Stud Montreal, the venue hosts the annual Sugar Bear Brunch with delicious sugary dishes perfect of a post-party pick me up!
Recommended Hotels in Montreal
The following Montreal hotels are close to the city’s top attractions and a short ride to the gay bars and clubs:
Gay Map of Montreal
Montreal has one of the largest gay villages in the world. Trendy bars, cafes, restaurants and clubs lined from St-Hubert Street to De Lorimier Street on Saint Catherine Street, and between Sherbrooke Street and René Lévesque Boulevard on Amherst Street, a distance of nearly two kilometres,
Recommended Hotels in Montreal By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Montreal that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Ideally situated in the historic Golden Square Mile of downtown Montreal, the hotel’s unrivaled location offers exceptional service and contemporary sophistication. Explore the area surrounding the Sofitel Montreal and you will find some of the area’s top attractions. Art galleries, museums, luxury shopping centers and a vibrant nightlife are only steps away from the hotel’s front doors.
Hôtel Le Cantlie Suites
4 Star, Readers Choice
Adjacent to McGill University and located in the city centre, Hotel Le Cantlie Suites offers WiFi access and a rooftop swimming pool. Guestrooms at the Hotel Le Cantlie Suites are spacious and feature European-style kitchens with a microwave and refrigerator. Guests at the Hotel Le Cantlie can work out in the gym. The hotel also offers concierge services with information on area attractions
Le St-Martin Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Le St-Martin Hotel Centre-ville – Hotel Particulier is located above Montreal’s Underground City. An outdoor pool, located above the restaurant, is available along with free WiFi in the guest rooms. While staying at Le St-Martin Hotel Centre-ville – Hotel Particulier, each room also provides a 55-inch flat-screen cable TV. A minibar is in the rooms.
Hotel Zero 1
3 Star, Location
This modern hotel features an outdoor terrace offering panoramic views of downtown Montréal’s Quartier des Spectacles. A kitchenette is featured in all guest rooms. All the soundproofed rooms at Hotel Zero 1 have a flat-screen cable TV. Guests will find an iPod docking station and free WiFi. Rooms with separate seating areas are available, and all rooms have a view
Video Guide to Montreal
Attache’s guide to the best of Montreal
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Montreal
From its iconic Gay Village—a symbol of community and celebration—to its myriad of queer events, inclusive bars, and welcoming neighbourhoods, the city masterfully blends its rich cultural heritage with a progressive and accepting vibe.
The Gay Village | Saint Catherine Street
- Stretching along Saint Catherine Street East, Montreal’s Gay Village (often simply “The Village”) is a vibrant and welcoming hub of LGBTQ+ culture and life.
- The Village is known for its summer pedestrian-only zone, where countless colourful balls create a rainbow canopy overhead, and the Beaudry Metro Station with its iconic rainbow pillars.
- Saint Catherine Street hosts street parties throughout the Summer, especially during the Montreal Pride celebrations.
- Discover the best things to see and do in the Montreal.
Vieux-Montréal is a historic centre with cobblestone streets, grand plazas, and centuries-old architecture.
Centre-Ville with high-rises, shopping malls, restaurants, museums & the shops of the underground city.