From: Tuesday, April 16, 2024
To: Thursday, May 2, 2024
Celebrate Carnival in the Caribbean in St Maarten and enjoy colourful parades, spectacular pageants, Calypso competitions, energetic bands concerts and delicious carnival cuisine.
- Are you visiting for Carnival? Stay at the Holland House Beach Hotel located on Front Street with beach views, Caribbean decor and direct beach access.
St. Maarten / St.Martin
- St. Maarten is the smallest island in the world, shared by two nations, France and the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
- The island celebrates Carnival twice, once on the French side (during the traditional dates before Ash Wednesday) and once on the Dutch side in late April.
- Carnival on St. Maarten is the biggest event of the year and one of the island’s largest attractions.
- St. Maarten Carnival is officially the longest Carnival in the Caribbean, spanning eighteen days.
- The main Carnival events are held on and around April 30th, the birthday of the former Queen of The Netherlands.
- Highlights of the event include three spectacular parades and a bustling carnival village.
- Stay at the Belair Beach hotel, with direct access to a beautiful sandy beach and just a 10-minute ride to the Carnival celebrations.
The Carnival Village
- St. Maarten’s Carnival Village is a purpose-built giant circular enclosure featuring 80 different booths and a large stage.
- The booths transform into shops, bars and restaurants, selling handmade artisanal goods and toys.
- Sample some delicious Carnival dishes, including BBQ meats and Johnny Cakes.
- The Carnival village is located in the capital city, Philipsburg.
- Awaiting Date – The most significant event is the Grand Carnival Parade which lasts around 3 hours.
- Spectators line the seafront of Philipsburg from early afternoon, with many arriving hours earlier to grab the best viewing spot.
- The parade features an endless display of costumes, floats, steelpan bands, dancers, singers, and musicians who make their way through the capital’s streets.
- Philipsburg is the capital of the Dutch side, Sint Maarten. The capital holds many cultural monuments, endless shopping options and excellent restaurants.
- It is also home to Great Bay Beach, one of the largest St Maarten beaches, the Philipsburg Boardwalk and Front Street, perfect for shopping and watching the Carnival parade.
Recommended Hotels in St.Maarten | St.Martin
We have chosen hotels the keep you close to the night life and restaurants on the island
Hilton Vacation Club, The Villas at Simpson Bay, Sonesta Ocean Point, Hilton Flamingo Beach
Where to stay close to all the gay bars
Our top 4 selections with the best rates.
The Villas Resort is our editors choice
when staying in St Maarten.
For further information and advice on
St Maarten Carnival Website
Saint Martin is a secluded slice of paradise on the Caribbean Sea divided in two, to the North, the French side, St. Martin and to the south, the Duth side, St.Maarten. You can drive from one end of the island to the next in as little as 30-45 minutes (without traffic), and explore the best things to do on St Maarten.
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Saint Martin that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Highlights of the main parade