From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Southern HiBEARnation 2024 here come the bears – watch out Melbourne!
HiBEARnation Kicks off with a meet and greet opening party. Other events include the rather self-explanatory, BEARaoke. There is also the very popular, UnderBEAR party, an evening that celebrates bears in all their glory from the hairy to the hairless in every shape, size and form.
- Melbourne is a city of neighbourhoods. Most visitors base themselves in the Central Business District (or CBD for short), however many of the city’s gay bars and clubs are in the city-fringe districts of South Yarra. Collingwood, Fitzroy and St. Kilda. These are hotspots for gays, hipsters and all things trendy.
Mr Australasia Bear Competition
- Awaiting Dates – Don’t miss the Mr Australasia Bear Competition. Mr Australasia Bear isn’t your average competition! Contestants are quizzed in a fun, friendly and relaxed environment.
- Competitors are questioned about being a Bear and what being a Bear means to them. They are judged equally on how they’ve interacted within the community, with the audience and their responses to questions.
- Awaiting Dates- The weather may be cold, but the night will be hot as VicBears takes over the Laird for another of their infamous Underwear parties.
- The rules are simple. Come in, strip down to your underwear and dance your ass off till the wee hours. DJ’s. Jason Conti & Argonaut will be on the decks so no excuses for not hitting the floor.
- Stay close to the Laird, just 5 mins drive away at the Pullman On The Park, complete with a large outdoor pool, spacious rooms and excellent service.
Meet the Contestants
- Awaiting Dates – Get started with the casual Meet ‘N’ Greet. Catch up with your buddies and get ready for the spectacle that is Southern HiBearnation. – The Laird.
Hunk Candy Bear
- Awaiting Dates – Hunk is back at the Laird with a poptatsic twist. Think pop, think colour, think fun, think throw your hands in the air and screech “I love this song”.
Eagle Leather presents Round up
- Awaiting Dates – Eagle Leather presents Round Up – Round Up, the perfect way to end S with a bang. Awaiting venue Previous events have taken place at Evies’s Disco Diner in Fitzroy is home for this event which will feature some killer performances, kickass lighting and the bearalicious DJs.
- Fitzroy is a gay hub for the more alternative queer scene in Melbourne. The neighbourhood has some excellent apartment options including Loft On Rose, a boutique apartment hotel rated “Exceptional” by guests with high end amenities and excellent location.
Bath House Bear
- Awaiting Dates- When is “Bear Soup” not bear soup? When it’s “Bath House Bears”. Same event just a new name.
Where to stay?
The following Melbourne hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the city’s top attractions and vibrant nightlife scene:
Gay Map of Melbourne
Melbourne’s gay bars & clubs are located in St Kilda and South Yarra south of the city or in Collingwood, Richmond and Fitzroy north of the city and one in Yarraville.
Recommended Hotels in Melbourne By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Melbourne that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Rising above Melbourne’s vibrant Southbank precinct, Crown Towers offers spacious luxury rooms with views of the city or Port Phillip Bay. Each room features original artworks and marble bathrooms. Each room includes a large plasma-screen TV with laptop video-on-demand system, and a separate dressing room. The city and bay views are framed by floor-to-ceiling windows.
Lancemore Crossley St
5 Star, Readers Choice
Situated in Melbourne and with Princess Theatre reachable within 300 metres, Lancemore Crossley St. Melbourne features express check-in and check-out, non-smoking rooms, a fitness centre, free WiFi throughout the property and a bar. This property also provides guests with a terrace. The accommodation offers a 24-hour front desk, room service and organising tours for guests.
5 Star, Great Value
Located in the heart of Melbourne CBD, the Melbourne Marriott Hotel features a swimming pool, sauna and fitness centre. Guests can also relax at the restaurant, cafe or bar. All rooms are spacious and non-smoking, offering cable TV, a minibar and a desk with high-speed internet access. Located only minutes from Her Majesty’s Theatre, Federation Square
4 Star, Location
Located in the heart of Melbourne’s restaurant and theatre district on Little Bourke Street, Ovolo Laneways offers original artworks, luxurious bathrooms, quality furnishings and free high-speed wireless internet. Situated in the CBD, Ovolo Laneways is a 3-minute walk from Parliament. shopping, sporting arenas, art galleries, restaurants and bars all within easy walking distance.