From: Sunday, June 23, 2024
To: Sunday, June 23, 2024
San Juan, La Palma’s Night of Fire – La Nit de Foc, Mallorca 2024
San Juan’s Night of Fire – La Nit de Foc – takes place each June against the impressive backdrop of Palma’s Cathedral. The event features a combination of street parties, pop concerts, drummers, devils, demons and fireworks.
- Are you visiting La Palma? Stay at the Hotel Cort; a superb rated 4-star hotel close to all the gay bars in the Gomila district. The hotel has impressive decor, delicious breakfasts, and friendly staff.
- The festivities begin during the day, where you can find traditional food, local costumes, and dancing on the streets.
- Once the sun sets, demons come out to the streets with their fire and light show, accompanied by people dancing to the beat of drums and flutes.
The Fire Run – El correfoc
- La Nit de Foc is celebrated across Mallorca, with the most significant events taking place in the capital, La Palma. At its heart is the fire run or correfoc, where the ‘devils’ run through the streets with firecrackers and fireworks; not for the fainthearted!
- The event takes place in Palma’s Parc de Mar by the cathedral from 22:30, followed by a midnight concert that lasts well into the early hours of the morning.
- Other famous fire runs are held in Captepera (80km from Palma), Alaró (19km from Palma), Sóller (30km from Palma), and Mancor de la Vall (39km from Palma)
- These small towns are well worth exploring during your visit to Mallorca, offering some amazing dining options, stunning natural beauty and charming boutique hotels and guest houses.
Gay events during the Night of Fire
- Most of the gay bars in Palma host special theme nights and parties during the San Juan festivities.
- The bars fill up early as people enjoy the lively atmosphere that spills onto the streets around Palma’s Gomila district, along with the Av de Joan Miro, the city’s de facto gay neighbourhood.
Popular Hotels in La Palma
The following hotels are close to the city’s top attractions and a short ride to the gay bars and clubs:
Gay Map of Mallorca
Mallorca’s gay bars are easy to get to on foot so long as you choice the right hotel
Recommended Hotels in Mallorca By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Mallorca that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Convent de la Missio
5 Star, Luxury
Housed in the old monastery Convent de la Missió dating from the 17th century, this modern and chic hotel located in the centre of historic Palma. You can stroll through the narrow streets surrounding the hotel and relax in the gardened patios. At the end of a busy days sightseeing in Palma, you can unwind in the sauna or by sitting in the cool of the interior patio.
Hotel Can Alomar
5 Star, Readers Choice
Featuring a plunge pool, Hotel Can Alomar is set in the tree-lined Paseo del Borne Boulevard in the centre of Palma. There is free WiFi throughout. The spacious rooms feature satellite TV, king-size beds, a seating area and safe. The bathrooms feature a bath or a shower, hairdryer, free toiletries, and complimentary bathrobe and slippers. Room service is available.
4 Star, Great Value
Offering a roof top with a swimming pool and bar, Hotel Cort is located in Palma de Mallorca, 10 minutes’ walk from Palma Port. The air-conditioned hotel has a restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine. Each stylish room features a seating area with a flat-screen TV with Chromecast and minibar. The bathroom includes a bathrobe and free toiletries. s free Wi-Fi
4 Star, Location
This historic building used to be a convent and the rooms of this cosy boutique hotel features modern Balearic décor with wooden beams. They include coffee facilities, and a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free high-range toiletries. Guests can enjoy a city view from the rooftop small panoramic pool and solarium.