From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Sacramento Pride 2021
Each year more than 20,000 visitors head downtown to celebrate the annual Sacramento Pride in June.
Sacramento gay pride, or SAC Pride as locals know it, is one of the city’s most popular events and is organized each year by Sacramento’s LGBT Community Center.
Sacramento Gay Pride Parade
- The Pride March is held on the Sunday of the event at 11am and starts at Southside Park, ending in front of the state capitol on 10th street. The hour long march is full of flamboyant floats and fun!
Pride on the Mall
- On both Saturday and Sunday, Capitol Mall between 3rd and 7th Street is transformed into a gay village and entertainment zone with bars, vendors and music stages featuring International Stars, drag queens and live performances. The festival runs from 11am to 5pm. Entrances are on at 7th and Capitol, 5th and L Street, and 4th and L Street. The festival entry ticket provides access to both days. More than 50 different musical acts will perform on 3 different stages.
- General admittance for both days is $15. Single day is $10. The VIP ticket is $150.The VIP ticket includes access to a VIP area that has access to views of one of the concert stages and will provide ticket holders with four drink tickets.
Other events include a special exhibition at The LGBT Rights Museum, a lip sync battle, an art pavilion, a calming tent and a dance area.
Sacramento is a fast-growing city of 490,000 (with a metro regional population of 2.6 million) and is home to a sophisticated and surprisingly gay-friendly scene.Lavender Heights is the nickname for the neighborhood in midtown Sacramento where gay culture thrives. Lavender Heights around pedestrian-only K Street has a number of bars and restaurants, along with some art galleries, museums, and shops. Local colleges like Sacramento State University contribute to a youthful and energetic scene in this place the locals call “Sactown.”
The Tower District one of Sacramento’s oldest neighborhood commercial areas, is anchored by the old Art-Deco style Tower Theater, now a cinema. Ethnic restaurants and specialty shops make the area a favorite of both residents and visitors in nearby Land Park, South Side Park, Poverty Ridge, and Sierra Curtis.
Two of the most popular venues include Faces and The Mercantile Saloon.
- Faces is a very popular LGBTQ nightclub in Sacramento, known for is three lively dance rooms, 15 bars, a VIP lounge, and even an outdoor pool. It often has themed events, excellent DJs, and provides a great opportunity to meet new friends or enjoy a night out with your favorites.
- The Mercantile Saloon is a chill gay bar that offers regular happy hours, a nice and spacious outdoor patio, a pool table, good music, and the opportunity to relax with old friends or make new ones.
- The Bolt is Sacramento’s popular gay leather bar, located north of downtown in Gardenland. The Bolt is popular with bears, leather daddies and their admirers.
- If you are looking for a great gay-friendly place to stay, check out the Inn at Parkside
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of SACRAMENTO
Recommended Apartments in Sacramento
The holiday home features 3 bedrooms, a kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine and 2 bathrooms with a hairdryer. A TV with cable channels is featured. Air-conditioned with a patio and free WiFi.
Walk to UC
The apartment has 3 bedrooms, a living room with a flat-screen TV, an Fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a shower. complimentary WiFi and private parking available on site
The holiday home features 2 bedrooms, a kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine and 2 bathrooms with a hairdryer. A TV with cable channels is offered. Features air-conditioning with a patio and free WiFi.
The apartment has a patio, 1 bedroom, a living room and a well-equipped kitchen, a bathroom with shower. A flat-screen TV is provided. Pet Friendly Midtown/Downtown Entire Condo -Free Parking, WiFi is available free of charge.
Video Of Sacramento Pride
Sacramento Pride Parade celebrates love for all
Recommended Hotels in Sacramento
4 Star – Central Location
Among the facilities of this property are a restaurant, gift shop and fitness center. The accommodations features a 24-hour front desk, a concierge service and luggage storage for guests. The rooms in the hotel are fitted with a TV.
Kimpton Sawyer Hotel
4 Star, Luxury
A flat-screen TV with cable channels, as well as an iPod docking station are featured. Certain units include a seating area to relax in after a busy day. Rooms have a private bathroom. Bathrobes and free toiletries.
The Citizen Hotel
4 Star – Great Amenities
Autograph Collection offers a restaurant, private parking, a fitness center and a bar, a concierge service, this property also provides guests with a terrace. a 24-hour front desk and room service for guests.
4 Star – Perfect Location
Subtle gold, red and white accents are featured in every contemporary, spacious room. A flat-screen TV, a coffee machine, and free toiletries in the private bathroom is offered. Free WiFi is offered in all rooms