From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Sacramento Pride 2024
Each year more than 20,000 visitors head downtown to celebrate the annual Sacramento Pride on the second weekend in June. The city is a busy weekend destination, and pride attracts many weekenders, so book your stay early. We suggest Midtown, home to the city’s bustling gay district.
- Visiting for Sacramento Pride? Stay at the Kimpton Sawyer Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests with a perfect location, spacious rooms, delicious breakfast options and a stunning outdoor pool.
Sacramento gay pride, or SAC Pride as locals know it, is one of the city’s most popular events and is organized each year by Sacramento’s LGBT Community Center.
Sacramento Gay Pride Parade
- The Pride March is held on Sunday in mid June of the event at 11am and starts at Southside Park, ending in front of the state capitol on 10th street. The hour long march is full of flamboyant floats and fun!
Pride on the Mall
- On both Saturday and Sunday in mid June awaiting dates, Capitol Mall between 3rd and 7th Street is transformed into a gay village and entertainment zone with bars, vendors and music stages featuring International Stars, drag queens and live performances.
- The festival runs from 11am to 5pm. Entrances are on at 7th and Capitol, 5th and L Street, and 4th and L Street. The festival entry ticket provides access to both days. More than 50 different musical acts will perform on 3 different stages.
- General admittance for both days is $15. Single day is $10. The VIP ticket is $150.The VIP ticket includes access to a VIP area that has access to views of one of the concert stages and will provide ticket holders with four drink tickets.
- Other events include a special exhibition at The LGBT Rights Museum, a lip sync battle, an art pavilion, a calming tent and a dance area.
- If you are looking for a great gay-friendly place to stay, check out the Inn at Parkside
- Sacramento is a fast-growing city of 490,000 (with a metro regional population of 2.6 million) and is home to a sophisticated and surprisingly gay-friendly scene. Lavender Heights is the nickname for the neighborhood in midtown Sacramento where gay culture thrives.
- Lavender Heights around pedestrian-only K Street has a number of bars and restaurants, along with some art galleries, museums, and shops. Local colleges like Sacramento State University contribute to a youthful and energetic scene in this place the locals call “Sactown.”
- Stay close to all the pride activities at the Fort Sutter hotel, a fabulous 3 star hotel with the perfect location, stylish rooms and a great gym.
- The Tower District one of Sacramento’s oldest neighborhood commercial areas, is anchored by the old Art-Deco style Tower Theater, now a cinema. Ethnic restaurants and specialty shops make the area a favorite of both residents and visitors. Two of the most popular venues here include include Faces nightclub and The Mercantile Saloon.
- Faces is a very popular LGBTQ nightclub in Sacramento, known for is three lively dance rooms, 15 bars, a VIP lounge, and even an outdoor pool. It often has themed events, excellent DJs, and provides a great opportunity to meet new friends or enjoy a night out with your favorites.
- The Mercantile Saloon is a chill gay bar that offers regular happy hours, a nice and spacious outdoor patio, a pool table, good music, and the opportunity to relax with old friends or make new ones.
- The Bolt is Sacramento’s popular gay leather bar, located north of downtown in Gardenland. The Bolt is popular with bears, leather daddies and their admirers.
Recommended Hotels in Sacramento
The following Sacramento hotels are close to the bars and clubs:
Recommended Hotels in Sacramento By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Sacramento that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
4 Star, Luxury
Attractively situated in the Downtown Sacramento district of Sacramento. Among the facilities of this property are a restaurant, gift shop and fitness centre. The accommodation features a 24-hour front desk, a concierge service and luggage storage for guests. The rooms in the hotel are fitted with a TV.
Kimpton Sawyer Hotel
4 Star, Readers Choice
Offering a year-round outdoor pool, Kimpton Sawyer Hotel is situated in the heart of Sacramento offers private parking & variety of on-site dining options. A flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain units include a seating area to relax. Rooms have a private bathroom. Extras include bathrobes and free toiletries. Keurig or Nespresso coffee machines
The Citizen Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection offers accommodation with a restaurant, private parking, a fitness centre and a bar. Featuring a concierge service, a terrace. The accommodation provides a 24-hour front desk and room service for guests. At the hotel, all rooms come with a desk, a TV and a private bathroom.
4 Star, Location
Located across the street from the California State Capitol, Hyatt Regency Sacramento features an outdoor heated pool, a restaurant, and a full service spa. Free WiFi is offered in all rooms. Subtle gold, red and white accents are featured in every spacious room. A flat-screen TV, a coffee machine, and free toiletries in the en suite bathroom are offered.