From: Monday, Nov 1st, 2021
To: Sunday, Nov 7th, 2021
Pride in November is HOT – It has to be Palm Springs..
2021 update – In person events are set to return in what will be California’s first, large scale pride event of the year. The Pride parade and festival will feature multiple stages with live entertainment. The vendor marketplace will return to downtown Palm Springs.
Cars, horses, trucks and trams you name it, it’s in the Palm Springs gay pride parade, this fun pride boasts a host of parties and events to keep you entertained from the cocktail challenge, drag pageant, the art of pride festival, several pool parties to the main parade and much much more.
Gay Palm Springs
Palm Springs is one big gay town but some of its neighborhoods are more popular. Warm Sands and Arenas are good for walking and are home to the best gay bars and restaurants. If you are planning on visiting Palm Springs for any major event or holiday, book your hotel well in advance. Our editors top picks include Santiago Resort, The Parker, and The Ace Hotel. All are close to the centre of town and offer great pools and excellent customer service.
Palm Springs Pride
Enjoy Pride in Palm Springs as you Sip, Sashay, Celebrate and Honor those who have courageously fought for equality and are no longer with us. Live your truth and no one else’s. Gather your friends to celebrate and embrace diversity and advance the cause of individual freedom for all.
Festival highlights include a Youth Zone, Children’s Garden, LGBTQ artists performing live, 200 back-to-back exhibitors, food and beverage stations, health resources, and HIV testing sites.
Take your photo with Arty, the 20′ tall leather bear, and enjoy yourself in the Arenas Rd gayborhood, our pedestrian-only social center of LGBTQ-friendly bars, restaurants, and shopping.
There’s something for everyone. Favorite bars and local businesses will be packed and spilling out onto the streets for the biggest LGBTQ street party in Palm Springs.
George Zander Candlelight Vigil and March
- Monday, November 1, 2021, New Downtown Park at Museum Way and Belardo Rd, Palm Springs (6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- Join us in downtown Palm Springs to reflect, remember, and stand up against hate violence around the world. The vigil will begin at the Downtown Park and features a rally and march through the heart of Palm Springs.
Pride Drive-in Movie Night screening
- Wednesday, November 3, Camelot Theatres 2300 E Baristo Rd (5:30 – 9:30 p.m.)
- Pride Drive-in Movie Night presented by Nissan provides socially responsible and nostalgic fun. The Palm Springs Cultural Center Drive-In Experience invites you to step back in time under the starlit Palm Springs night and re-live the magic of yesteryear with a modern, pop-up cinematic twist!
- Friday, November 5 Location announced in early August. (10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.)
- Pride Weekend starts with our traditional Flag Raising, where our elected officials and civic leaders speak about what Pride means to the City of Palm Springs.
A Night of Hundred Stars.
- Friday, November 5 (5:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.)
- Palm Springs Coming Out Celebration, Palm Canyon Drive from Museum Way to Tahquitz Canyon Way
- Saturday , November 6 (11:00 a.m. — 10:00 p.m.), Sunday November 7 (11:00 a.m. — 5:00 p.m.)
Main Stage on Tahquitz and Palm Canyon.
Downtown Park Stage on Museum Way and Museum Dr
- A street fair, a music festival of diverse artists, and a gathering place, the Pride Festival is a celebration of all that is LGBTQ+ in Palm Springs. Downtown Palm Springs. Exhibitor marketplace opens at 11:00 a.m. Free Event.
- Sip, Sashay and Celebrate in one large Event Venue in Downtown Palm Springs! All the action happens on Palm Canyon Dr and in the new downtown park and surrounding streets.
Palm Springs Pride Parade
- Sunday, November 7, (10:00 a.m. To 12:30 p.m.)
- The colorful parade steps off in the Uptown Design District at Tachevah and Palm Canyon Dr. and travels south through downtown ending at the entrance to the Pride Festival at Amado.
- Known for its crystal blue skies and year-round sunshine, the city of Palm Springs comes alive during the annual Pride celebration. Thousands of spectators will gather along palm tree-lined streets to cheer and support local organizations, activists, and themed floats along historic Palm Canyon Dr. The parade is scheduled to last two and a half hours.
The Gay Scene
Palm spring is known for its breathtaking scenery, all year round blue skies and sunshine, it is a popular holiday destination, it has a number of gay bars most of which are located around Canyon Drive in down town.
For more, visit out insider’s gay guide to Palm Springs.
Palm Springs Pride Circuit Parties
The Desert Heat Circuit Party is one of the most popular events taking place during Palm Springs Pride. Several other Sunday T Dances are held in some of the top hotels across the resort, including the official Rainbow Splash Pool Party at the CCBC Resort.
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Palm Springs
Palm Springs has a number of gay bars and clubs most of which are located around Canyon Drive in down town area.
Recommended Apartments & Villas in Palm Springs
Downtown Tuscan Haven air-conditioned accommodation with a patio & free WiFi. The holiday home features 2 bedrooms, a TV, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, a washing machine, & 2 bathrooms. & hot tub.
The holiday home has 3 bedrooms, a TV with cable channels, an equipped kitchen with a microwave and a fridge, a washing machine, and 3 bathrooms with a bath or shower. Air-conditioned with a private pool
Biarritz Downtown Condos by Oranj Palm features accommodation with a kitchen. Complimentary WiFi is offered. All units feature air conditioning and a TV. There is also a dishwasher, microwave and a coffee machine.
The holiday home provides guests with a patio, a seating area, cable TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a microwave and a fridge, and a private bathroom with bath or shower and free toiletries. Air conditioning and free WiFi.
Video Of Palm Springs Gay Pride
Highlights from the Palm Springs Gay Pride and background to the destination.
Recommended Hotels in Palm Springs
Most of the gay bars in Palm Springs are located in and around Arenas Road, on the corner of the Hard Rock Hotel. Busy Club hunters is for those who like to dance while Street bar offers a more relaxed alternative with a large terrace. In the centre its easy to walk from bar to bar, but temperatures can be quite high. Most people will rent a car and explore the greater Cochella valley.
Hilton Palm Springs
Great Pool, 4 Star
The Hilton Palm Springs is nestled at the foot of the San Jacinto Mountains, only steps from luxury boutiques, art galleries and charming cafes. facilities, include a day spa and gourmet dining options.
Alcazar, 4 Star
Featuring a modern design, this Palm Springs hotel offers an outdoor pool, hot tub and a pool patio. Rooms feature bathrobes and free WiFi. Complimentary coffee, tea, juice, espresso, and fresh pastries
Andreas Hotel & Spa
3 Star, Great Location
Set in the heart of central Palm Springs, California, this adults only hotel and spa offers a free continental breakfast every morning and a landscaped courtyard with a swimming pool. Free on-site parking
Casa Cody, 3 Star
Surrounded by lush gardens in Palm Springs, this historic inn offers views of the San Jacinto mountains. With adobe hacienda architecture, each air-conditioned room offers free Wi-Fi and cable TV.
Why you may want a car in Palm Springs
There is so much more to do in Palm Springs then just sit by the pool, like Joshua Tree National Park is an oasis in the center of the desert, Indian Canyons located 6 miles south of central Palm Springs, The Living Desert a zoo and botanical garden located in the desert.