From: Thursday, August 29, 2024
To: Monday, September 2, 2024
Oz Southern Decadence 2024
Celebrate Southern Decadence in the heart of New Orleans at OZ, home to the most famous parties in NOLA.
- Visiting for Southern Decadence? Stay just a short walk from the party at the luxurious Maison De La Luz, rated “Exceptional” by guests” with superb breakfasts, high-end amenities and excellent location.
- Enjoy five days and nights of parties at OZ during the World Famous Southern Decadence Party.
- Enjoy over-the-top drag acts, sexy gogos and that unique Southern Decadence Charm.
- Highlights include The Swiss Navy Strip Off with cash prizes and epic drag shows each night from 8 pm.
- Featuring world-class DJ Guy Scheiman )Tel Aviv), Chi Ci Larue and Danny Verde.
- And the Wicked Wild and Wet Boys, including Diablo Abones, Johnny Moon, beaux Banks, and Gingernetics.
- Hosted by Jennifer Warner
- Check out the Virgin Hotel New Orleans, 7 minutes from the party in the trendy Wharehouse district with a stunning rooftop pool, rated “Wonderful” by guests with excellent fitness centre and spacious rooms.
- OZ New Orleans – Situated on Bourbon Street, one of the most famous and bustling streets in the French Quarter.
- The bar is at the heart of the celebrations in the historic neighbourhood in the city of New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Oz is famous for its balcony street views, vibrant drag shows, talented performers, and energetic dance floor.
Recommended Hotels in New Orleans
Here are the hotels we recommend with good reviews & keep you close to the city’s top attractions & bustling gay scene:
Gay Map of New Orleans
If you want to be close to all of New Orleans famous attractions, including the top gay-nightlife options in the city, the French Quarter remains the hub of where to stay, with dozens of hotels of all types and grades.. Adjacent to the Quarter and just downriver, you’ll find a number of gay-friendly smaller properties in historic and trendy Faubourg Marigny, which is also home to several gay-popular restaurants and bars.
Recommended Hotels in New Orleans By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in New Orleans that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The Roosevelt Hotel
5 Star, Luxury
This 5-star hotel in New Orleans is a 15-minute walk to Jackson Square. The elegant hotel features The Rooftop Bar, a full-service spa and rooms with a 42-inch flat-screen TV. Guest rooms at The Roosevelt offer stylish décor and luxury amenities. Bathrobes and a 14-inch TV are offered in the bathroom and each room has a minibar.
Omni Royal, 4 Star
Sophisticated & Stylish
Located on the most fashionable corner, St. Louis at Royal, the hotel has received the 4-diamond luxury award for the past 27 years and has earned the Pinnacle Award for meeting services. Whether you’re visiting New Orleans for work or play the Omni Royal Orleans is truly the place to see and be seen.
Royal Sonesta, 4 Star
Right on Bourbon Street
Located in the historic French Quarter on Bourbon Street, Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans offers accommodation with an outdoor pool, multiple bars, and a jazz club. The hotel is decorated with modern art and offers several on-site dining options. Complimentary WiFi, a flat-screen TV and a refrigerator are included in all rooms
French Market Inn
3 Star Central Location
Situated in the French Quarter, this New Orleans hotel was built in the 1800s and provides simple rooms with coffee facilities. Guests are a 5-minute walk from Jackson Square. Each air-conditioned room at the French Market Inn provides a desk and cable TV. The rooms include carpeted floors and exposed brick walls.
Video Gay Travel Guide to NOLA
Discover the best of gay New Orleans with Two Gay Expats
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in New Orleans
New Orleans doesn’t have distinct gay neighbourhoods in the same way as some other cities like West Hollywood or Chelsea in New York City. However, the city is known for being LGBTQ+ friendly, and you’ll find gay-friendly establishments and events scattered throughout various neighbourhoods, especially along Bourbon Street in the French Quarter.
French Quarter | Home to Bourbon Street
Photo: Laissez les bons temps rouler! Bourbon Street is at the heart of Gay NOLA.
- The French Quarter is the historic heart of New Orleans and is located along the Mississippi River.
- Famous for its lively nightlife and vibrant atmosphere along Bourbon Street and the legendary Oz and Bourbon Parade Pub.
- The quarter is one of the oldest neighbourhoods in New Orleans and is known for its distinctive Spanish and French Creole architecture.
- Discover the best things to see and do in the French Quarter
Downriver from the French Quarter with colourful, eclectic houses & a vibrant arts scene along Frenchman St.
East of the Marigny and close to Crescent Park with stunning views of the River and the NOLA skyline.
Known as the Arts District, perfect for art enthusiasts & museum-goers with trendy restaurants & boutique hotels.
The CBD offers easy access to Bourbon Street and a variety of dining options, shops, and cultural attractions.