From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Ottawa Winter Pride 2025
Ottawa is awash with rainbows in February as part of the Winterlude celebrations, bringing a touch of sparkle to the annual winter festival.
- Stay close to the Winter Pride events at The Metcalfe Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests, located close to all the Winterlude celebrations, with tastefully decorated rooms and suites, highly-rated breakfasts and complimentary hot chocolate, yum!
- Awaiting Dates, Typically early February – Ottawa is home to some unique Winter festivals during Winterlude, a three-week series of events, parties, ice sculptures, skating and snow sports.
- WinterPride takes place during Winterlude and includes drag shows, theme parties and the Ice Parade. Highlights include:
Ottawa Ice Parade & After Party
- Awaiting Dates – The Ice Parade, Canada’s Pride parade on ice, kicks off at 4 pm to 6 pm on the Rideau Canal Skateway near the Laurier Street Bridge.
- The parade ends at the Fifth Avenue Rest Area in The Glebe and features live music by guest DJs, local drag performers on skates and community groups.
- Players carry Capital Pride’s 30-foot Progress Pride Flag from Ottawa Pride Hockey as part of the parade.
- Sonder The O’Connor, is a “Fabulous” rated aparthotel with beautifully decorated suites featuring high-end amenities and perfect location close to the after-party.
- Friday & Saturday Night of the weekend – from 6 pm to 9 pm –Enjoy a host of outdoor drag shows on Sparks Street throughout the Winterlude celebrations.
- The pedestrian street will feature a unique drag stage and performance area with shows running throughout the day.
- Le Germain Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests, with spacious rooms, a modern gym and perfect location. It is just steps from all the shows and events on Sparks Street.
- Sparks Street was converted into an outdoor pedestrian street in 1967, making it the earliest such street or mall in Canada.
- The street runs from Elgin Street east to Bronson Avenue, one block south of Parliament Hill and is home to unique shops and bustling restaurants.
- Check out the top hotels close to Sparks Street, one of the top shopping streets in Ottawa.
- Awaiting dates – Enjoy morning and evening ice skating with a rainbow twist.
- Lansdown Park – 4 pm to 7 pm Lace up your skates and join us at Optimist Park for public skating with local drag performers Devona Coe, Vera and Charli Deville!
- Vanier – 11 am to 2 pm, Lace up your skates and join in public skating with drag performers, music and hot chocolate!.
Recommended Hotels in Ottawa
We have found hotels with good reviews that keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of Ottawa
The Ottawa gay scene is is quite small and its easy to get from one bar to another
Video Gay Ottawa Guide
Explore the best of LGBTQ Ottawa