From: Saturday, November 12, 2022
To: Sunday, January 1, 2023
Oslo Christmas Markets 2022
Christmas is a magical time in Oslo with plenty of snow, hot glogg and festive lights filling the city with a festive charm.
Treat yourself to the perfect Christmas in Oslo at the “Superb” rated, elegant Hotel Bristol, offering the ideal location close to all the city’s Christmas markets and steps from the famous gay party hangouts.
The Christmas Markets
- Oslo has several Christmas markets throughout the city. Most are in the centre, close to the central train station. Uncover unique Chirmast gifts in Markets around the outer districts.
- The Norwegian capital is small compared to other European cities, and getting around is not too difficult.
Christmas in Winterland (Jul i Vinterland)
- November 12, 2022–January 1, 2023 – Located in Spikersuppa, alongside Karl Johan street, Christmas in Winterland is the largest and busiest Christmas market in Oslo.
- The Market is spread out between the Stortinget building, stretches to the Norwegian National Theatre, and attracts over two million visitors.
- Jul i Vinterland features hundreds of wooden stalls selling handicrafts, food, cured meats, warm Norwegian sweaters and hot drinks.
- The Market’s main attraction is its Ferris wheel, offering fantastic city views from above. It also features several amusement park rides.
- Don’t miss your photo opp at the Stjernehimmelen light display, which makes for superb Instagram photos.
- Stay close to the Market at the “Fabulous” rated Hotel Continental, featuring spacious designer rooms and a perfect location.
Jul på Bærums Verk, Bærum
- Located a little from the city centre, Bærum is an upscale suburb offering visitors the perfect village feel of a typical Norwegian town.
- The Market features live entertainment, many gift ideas and delicious food stalls.
- Getting to Bærums Verk Christmas market is accessible via a direct bus from the central station in Oslo. The journey takes around 40 minutes and is well worth the trip.
Norsk Folkemuseum’s Christmas Fair
- December 3–4; 10–11, 2022 – Located in Bygdøy, the Norsk Folkemuseum’s Christmas Fair is in the open-air Norwegian folk museum.
- The Market is home to over one hundred Christmas stalls, pony rides, farm animals, Santa’s workshops, a candle factory, and exhibits about Norwegian Christmas traditions.
- Enjoy delicious hot wine or gløgg, along with traditional Norwegian dishes.
- The museum is decorated in line with various customs and eras, allowing you to experience anything from Christmas Eve in a fancy merchant’s home in 1769 to the home of a rural Norwegian family in 1959.
- The bus ride takes around 20 minutes from Jernbanetorget, the transport hub outside Oslo Central Station.
Jul i Viken, Lillestrøm
- Lillestrøm is close to Oslos’s Gardermoen Airport and is a 10-minute train from Oslo Central Station.
- With Dinner in the Sky, you can enjoy a Christmas lunch or dinner soaring 50 metres above the ground!
- The impressive Market features a Ferris wheel, an indoor amusement park, food and arts and crafts stalls and a porridge party.
- In addition, you can take an alpaca walk or sleigh ride, meet Santa Claus, or take part in building the futuristic gingerbread town!
- Don’t miss the spectacular 3D light show projected onto the buildings at Lillestrøm Torv!
Christmas Market at Hadeland Glassverk
- Located one hour outside Oslo, Hadeland Glassverk is Norway’s largest indoor Christmas market.
- Visitors can blow their own Christmas Ball, take a sleigh ride through the glassworks village or go ice skating.
- The Market features a beautiful art gallery, several restaurants and a magical atmosphere.
A Gay Christmas in Oslo
- Enjoy themed parties and Christmas drinks at some of Oslo’s most popular gay bars during the Christmas celebrations.
- Gay bars and clubs are spread across Oslo, but the most popular are close to the city centre.
- Stay at the Hotel Christiania Teater a 4-star hotel featuring spacious rooms and a tasty breakfast buffet; and just one-minute walk to the markets.
Popular Gay Bars and Clubs
- Cesar Bar & Café: Bistro and bar in the city centre with DJs and a lively evening atmosphere.
- Elsker: Oslo’s biggest queer disco with a varied programme including burlesque, slam-poetry evenings, drag shows and stand-up.
- London Pub: Oslo’s oldest gay bar hosts karaoke evenings, quizzes, and other events during the week, as well as parties on weekends.
- SLM: Norway’s oldest fetish and SM club for men hosts themed parties and evenings.
- Fire Oslo: Fire Oslo hosts queer nights at the best clubs in town, among them The Villa and Oslo Camping.
- Score: Queer club nights with pop, disco, house, dance and techno.
Recommended Hotels in Oslo
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Oslo
The vast majority of the city’s nightlife dually caters to both hetero and homosexuals, in allotted weekly club nights or in a laid-back free-for-all which is really refreshing. There’s a gay scene too, though; one accessible to every taste. Alongside British-named venues like The London and Brighton, there are bear-specific clubs, Europe’s biggest ladies’ night, and the bi-weekly chafing of Scandinavian leather man parties.
Recommended Hotels in Orlando By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Orlando that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Grand Bohemian Hotel
4 Star, Luxury
Grand Bohemian towers over the Arts District in Orlando and has a rooftop swimming pool with panoramic views of the city. It offers luxurious accommodation and 2 fine dining restaurants. The guest rooms have lush velvet drapes and deeply toned Java wood. They come with a 37” flat-screen television
3 Star, Great Location
Located in the Orlando city centre, this hotel offers an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi. The Amway Center, a sporting and concert arena, is located 5 minutes’ drive from the property. A cable TV, small refrigerator, and coffee-making facilities are featured in all Orlando Aloft rooms.
3 Star, Great Value
A complimentary hot breakfast buffet, outdoor pool, and rooms with free WiFi are featured. A flat-screen cable TV, desk, and private bathroom are standard in every Downtown Orlando Comfort Suites room. A microwave, small refrigerator, and wardrobe are also provided.
Courtyard by Marriott
3 Star, Location
All guest rooms are non-smoking guestrooms and feature a cable TV, microwave, and small refrigerator. Some rooms also include a spa bath. With free in-room wireless internet access, on-site laundry facilities, and a fitness centre.Vending machines are also offered for added convenience.
Video Christmas in Oslo
Highlights from Visit Norway’s Christmas Experience
Recommended Hotels in Oslo By Expedia
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in Oslo that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
This smoke-free hotel features 2 restaurants, a marina, and a full-service spa. Additionally, an indoor pool, 2 bars/lounges, and a 24-hour fitness center are onsite. All 116 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and iPod docks. Guests can enjoy heated floor (bathroom), and other standard amenities include balconies, 24-hour room service, and LCD TVs.
Karl Johan Hotel
4 Star, Stylish
This smoke-free hotel features dry cleaning, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff. Free buffet breakfast and free WiFi in public areas are also provided. All 157 rooms boast heated floor (bathroom) and offer free WiFi and LED TVs. Guests will also find coffee makers, hair dryers, and desks.
Thon Hotel Rosenkrantz
4 Star, Readers Choice
A fitness center, valet parking, and coffee/tea in a common area are available at this smoke-free hotel. Free buffet breakfast. Other amenities include a business center, concierge services, and dry cleaning. All 151 rooms offer thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers, pillowtop beds and premium bedding. Free WiFi and MP3 docks, flat-screen TVs with Netflix.
Hotel Christiania Teater
4 Star, Modern Classic
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a bar/lounge and a coffee shop/café. Other amenities include a business center, concierge services, and dry cleaning. All 102 individually decorated rooms feature free WiFi and pillowtop beds. Flat-screen TVs come with satellite channels, and guests can also appreciate comforts like Egyptian cotton sheets