From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Off Sunset Festival 2024 Los Angeles
The Off Sunset Festival returns to Los Angeles And moves from its traditional March weekend to the first Sunday in June!
- Stay downtown, just 10-minutes from the party at the CitizenM hotel, rated “Excellent” by guests with stylish designer rooms with high-end amenities.
The Street Festival
- The Off Sunset Festival and the Los Angeles Leather Street Fair is organised by the Off Sunset Association, a group of individuals who live, work and play in the Silverlake area.
- The festival aims to support beautification, art and youth programs with an emphasis on the LGBT community.
- Stay close to the festival and the pool party at Gold-Diggers, rated “Wonderful” by guests with stylish designer rooms and high-end amenities.
- Live Bands & DJs – Shows kick off at 12.30 pm with acts performing every hour. Awaiting lineup for the 2024 edition.
- Gourmet food trucks
- Ice-cold beer and specialty drinks
- Artisan jewelry, fine art and furniture vendors ~ Lots of Leather gear ~ and YES, a clothing check so you can wear your gear.
- The event takes place during the final weekend of the Los Angeles Leather Pride.
- Visiting for the fair? Check out the top hotels closest to Silver Lake and the Sunset Festival.
- The festival takes place on Santa Monica Blvd from Hoover to Sunset from 12pm to 7pm.
- West Hollywood’s Santa Monica Boulevard is one of the most vibrant stretches of street on the West Coast. With its own singular identity and vivacious main street character, the Boulevard is known for inclusivity and a fierce, out-and-proud attitude.
- Stay 15 minutes drive from the street fair at The Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles, rated “Fabulous” by guests with an indoor pool, modern gym and great rates.
- Most of the post-Sunset festivals, pool parties and after parties take place in nearby Silver Lake, less than 7-mins drive from the festival.
- Steeped in history, the LGBTQ community of Silver Lake is one that has remarkably transformed over the years, from a place where same-sex couples could be arrested and beaten for just embracing their partners, to one that now has an entire street festival dedicated to celebrating who we are.
- Whether you’re into leather or club kids, Madonna-Summer mash-up nights or classic disco, lounging or sweating on the dance floor, there’s a place for you in Silver Lake
- The Black Cat, 3909 W. Sunset Blvd. Silver Lake – Upscale American gastropub in a historic location related to the LGBTQ civil rights movement.
- 33 Taps Silver Lake, 3725 W. Sunset Blvd., Silver Lake – Expansive sports bar provides pub grub, more than 30 brews on tap & big screens beaming games.
- Eagle LA, 4219 Santa Monica Blvd., Silver Lake – Long-standing gay hot spot caters to a leather-wearing crowd, with cheap beer nights & DJs.
- Akbar, 4356 Sunset Blvd., Silver Lake – Lively, gay-friendly bar with an unpretentious vibe, tiny dance floor & well-stocked jukebox. Know for it’s casual atmosphere, cheap, strong drinks and dancing on weekends.
Where to stay in Gay Los Angeles
Discover the best places to stay and play with our updated gay guide to Los Angeles, Weho and Silverlake.
The following Los Angeles hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Gay Map of Los Angeles
If you want to stay in the epicentre of gay Los Angeles, then West Hollywood has to be your preferred destination. However if you are in LA for any length of time, you will need a car. Freeways make it easy to get from one area to another.
Recommended Hotels in Los Angeles By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Los Angeles that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The Beverly Hills Hotel
5 Star, Luxury
Known as “The Pink Palace,” this luxury hotel on Sunset Boulevard features full-service Spa and a beautiful outdoor pool. Bright and elegant rooms of The Beverly Hills Hotel feature marble bathrooms, TVs and minibars. Spacious suites pay homage to the legacy, while bungalows offer the true Hollywood experience inspired by their famous guests.
5 Star, Luxury
Established in 1975 on a palm-lined residential boulevard, L’Ermitage is a discreet, luxurious getaway located a stone’s throw from the beating heart of Beverly Hills. As the first all-suite hotel in the nation, L’Ermitage is committed to offering travelers 5-star service, excellence in hospitality, and spacious accommodations.
Sunset Marquis Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
The Sunset Marquis Hotel Los Angeles is located in the heart of West Hollywood. Hidden away in a tree lined cul-de-sac, it is just steps from the famed sidewalks of the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood. The property boasts 2 outdoor pools and an on-site restaurant. Villas at the property include unique amenities like private lifts
4 Star, Location
Offering a private rooftop with stunning views of Los Angeles, a saltwater pool and comfortable indoor/outdoor seating, this elegant 4-star hotel is within one kilometer of the Sunset Strip. Each spacious suite at Petit Ermitage is equipped with a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi and iPod docking station
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Los Angeles
The top five areas include West Hollywood (WeHo), Silver Lake, Echo Park, Downtown Los Angeles, and Long Beach. West Hollywood is renowned for its vibrant gay scene, with numerous bars, clubs, and LGBTQ+-centered events
West Hollywood | The Heart of Gay Los Angeles
- West Hollywood is renowned for its vibrant scene, welcoming atmosphere, and numerous gay bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops.
- WeHo hosts their annual pride in early June and spectacular Halloween celebrations in October.
- The neighbourhood is home to some of the most iconic landmarks in the USA, including Santa Monica Boulevard.
- Discover the best things to see and do in West Hollywood
Northeast of WeHo, with a diverse range of bars, cafes, and boutiques with a more laid-back and hipster vibe.