From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Medellin Pride, Festival Antioquia Vive Diversa 2024
Medellin’s Festival Antioquia Vive Diversa is a month-long celebration of diversity and gay rights culminating in the Medellin Pride parade on the final weekend of June.
- Are you visiting for Medellin Pride? Stay in El Poblado, home to the city’s top gay bars and clubs and the main pride festivities. Stay at the Sites hotel complete with a beautiful rooftop lounge and rooms with sweeping views of the city.
- Medellin Pride features several circuit parties, cultural activities, exhibitions and events throughout the city. Higlights include the circuit weekend by Industry and the pride parade afterparties.
Medellin Pride Parade, Marcha del orgullo gay Medellín
- Sunday, Awaiting dates – The march, organized by the Alianza Social LGBTI de Antioquia in conjunction with the Stonewall Corporation, will undertake a route that passes from La Alpujarra, 70th Avenue through San Juan, then will pass under the Metro station to go up Colombia 50th Street to 74th Avenue in front of the Obelisco Shopping Center.
- As for schedules, the initial concentration will be from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, this second hour will be the departure time of the march . At the arrival site, the final concentration will be given from 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
- After the parade, marchers head to the gay bars in El Poblado for an afternoon of parties and cocktails followed by late-night partying in one of Medellin’s top 3 gay clubs.
Medellin Pride Circuit Parties
- June 30th to July 3rd, 2023 – Industry Club Medellin brings Colombia’s biggest circuit pride celebration to the city, with hot guys, international DJs and surprise performances.
- Nightly – Bar Chiquita is a vibrant gay bar with a superb cocktail list. The bar is more casual than Industry offering live music, karaoke, drag queens and comedy, in a theater atmosphere.
- Colombia’s second-biggest city, Medellin, has a thriving gay community. Most of the gay scene in Medellin is located around Parque Lleras in El Poblado or Pueblito Paisa, (paisas are people from Medellin) the heart of the city’s tourist district and home to the best bars, shops, clubs and restaurants. Other gay bars are dotted across the city in the downtown area known as Candelaria and Laureles.
- Stay close to the gay centre of Medellin at The Lettera Hotel, a beautiful 4-star hotel with spacious rooms and a wide variety of breakfast options. It is just a two-minute drive to the city’s busy bars and nightlife.
- The following gay venues are the most popular in Medellin and host memorable parties and theme nights during the gay pride festivities:
Medellin Gay Bars
- Bar Chiquita – Friendly neighborhood bar with a large outdoor terrace, the perfect place to watch the world go by.
- Donde Aquellos – Flirt with local hot Colombians and enjoy a mix of pop and salsa music on the large outdoor terrace. A great place to hang out and enjoy their special Pride cocktails and events.
- La Cantina de Javi – Popular with locals and one of our top recommendations for an authentic experience. On Fridays, they host check out La Noche de Pollos where people between 18 and 20 get into the club for free.
- Ink Bar 33 – In the Laureles district close to the Viva gay club, complete with dance floor and happy hours.
Medellin Gay Clubs
- Viva Discoteca – Large gay club with theme nights on Saturday evenings with two dancefloors playing everything from Crossover music to Reggaeton. In Colombia, “crossover” refers to an eclectic mix of music where anything from salsa, vallenato, and merengue, to pop, Reggaeton, and electronica is played.
- Zero by Purple Club – Small but busy club in Poblado playing classic Latino pop mixes. Open Thursday to Saturday.
- Industry Club – Popular club with two dance halls playing electro music and full of hot circuit boys. Open on Fridays and Saturdays.
Here are the hotels we recommend with good reviews, close to all the action:
Map of Gay Medellin
Recommended Hotels in Medellin
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Medellin that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Set in a modern building featuring a terrace with a hot tub and BBQ facilities, Sites offers self-catering accommodation with free Wi-Fi and plasma TVs in Medellin. The rooms at Sites are fitted with modern furnishing, and seating areas with sofa beds. facilities include microwaves and refrigerators. Cleaning service is provided daily.
4 Star, Readers Choice
The accommodation provides a 24-hour front desk, airport transfers, room service and free WiFi. Air-conditioned rooms offering a desk, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower. At Lettera Hotel the rooms include bed linen and towels. The accommodation offers a continental or American breakfast.
4 Star, Great Value
The Four Points Sheraton Medellin is located in the heart of the Poblado commercial and financial district, downtown Medellin. It offers spacious rooms, an outdoor pool, a hot tub, a massage room and a fitness center. Rooms are tasteful air-conditioned interiors. All are equipped with free Wi-Fi, cable TV and a minibar.
14 Urban Hotel
4 Star, Location
Featuring a bar, shared lounge and views of city, the facilities of this property are a restaurant, a 24-hour front desk and room service, along with free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel will provide guests with air-conditioned rooms offering a wardrobe, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower.
Video of Medellin Pride
Highlights of the Medellin pride Parade.