From: Sunday, February 11, 2024
To: Sunday, February 11, 2024
Mallorca Carnival – Sa Rua & Sa Rueta & Easter Fira del Ram 2024
Mallorca Carnival is a colourful event full of energy and life as the Island celebrates with parades and shows before the start of Lent. Known in Mallorca as `Els Darrers Dies’ (the Last Days ), most towns and villages hold their own fancy dress parades across the Island, with the largest taking place in Palma.
- Are you visiting for Carnival? Stay at the Hotel Cort; a superb rated 4-star hotel close to all the gay bars in the Gomila district. The hotel has impressive decor, delicious breakfasts, and friendly staff.
February is the perfect time to visit Mallorca, with temperatures at least 10 degrees higher than most Northern Europe. Visitors are welcomed with the annual blossoms of the spectacular Almond Blossoms, the perfect antidote to the Winter blues.
Carnival in Palma de Mallorca
- Feb 11th 2024 – In Palma, the Sa Rueta takes place on Sunday from 17:00 on Sunday. Mallorca’s Carnival is often considered a smaller version of the Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, as the event includes people from competing teams and special performances with dancing and singing. Costumes and floats vary in colour and theme, and the most creative teams are awarded prizes at the end of the parade.
Mallorca Carnival Route
- Mallorca’s Carnival procession makes its way down La Rambla, c. de La Riera, c. de la Unió, ending at pl. del Rei Joan Carles I & av. de Jaume III.
The Fira del Ram
- 24th Feb to 16th April 2023 – The City of Palma hosts the Fira del Ram, an enormous annual Funfair that kicks off during Carnival and lasts until Easter weekend. If you are a lover of fairgrounds, Palma is the place to be. With over 200 attractions, amusement rides, tombolas, bars and traditional stalls, the event is one of the biggest of the year.
- The fair is located at Son Fusteret, on the outskirts of Palma and has parking for over 2,000 cars. The No. 10 bus passes right by from the Palma bus station.
- The amusement park even boasts water rapids and laser quest, taking it up a notch as far as fairground rides go! Visitors can enjoy authentic Spanish food dishes at various stalls together with classic hot dogs and burgers.
Gay Carnival Events in Palma
- Most of the gay bars in Palma host special theme nights and parties during the weekend of Carnival. Several bars are elaborately decorated with staff and customers in costume, enjoying a lively atmosphere that spills onto the streets around Palma’s Gomila district, along with the Av de Joan Miro, the city’s de facto gay neighbourhood. The bars are busy throughout the Carnival, especially on Sunday after the parade.
- The following Monday is an official holiday, so there is plenty of time to rest after a weekend of partying.
Popular Hotels in La Palma
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the Carnival festivities:
Gay Map of Mallorca
Mallorca’s gay bars are easy to get to on foot so long as you choice the right hotel
Recommended Hotels in Mallorca By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Mallorca that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Convent de la Missio
5 Star, Luxury
Housed in the old monastery Convent de la Missió dating from the 17th century, this modern and chic hotel located in the centre of historic Palma. You can stroll through the narrow streets surrounding the hotel and relax in the gardened patios. At the end of a busy days sightseeing in Palma, you can unwind in the sauna or by sitting in the cool of the interior patio.
Hotel Can Alomar
5 Star, Readers Choice
Featuring a plunge pool, Hotel Can Alomar is set in the tree-lined Paseo del Borne Boulevard in the centre of Palma. There is free WiFi throughout. The spacious rooms feature satellite TV, king-size beds, a seating area and safe. The bathrooms feature a bath or a shower, hairdryer, free toiletries, and complimentary bathrobe and slippers. Room service is available.
4 Star, Great Value
Offering a roof top with a swimming pool and bar, Hotel Cort is located in Palma de Mallorca, 10 minutes’ walk from Palma Port. The air-conditioned hotel has a restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine. Each stylish room features a seating area with a flat-screen TV with Chromecast and minibar. The bathroom includes a bathrobe and free toiletries. s free Wi-Fi
4 Star, Location
This historic building used to be a convent and the rooms of this cosy boutique hotel features modern Balearic décor with wooden beams. They include coffee facilities, and a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free high-range toiletries. Guests can enjoy a city view from the rooftop small panoramic pool and solarium.