From: Monday, Nov 15th, 2021
To: Sunday, Jan 9th, 2022
London Christmas Markets Lights & Attractions 2021
London is brimming with Christmas markets of all shapes and sizes, from the traditional and intimate to fairground style of Winter Wonderland.
Winter Wonderland Christmas market in Hyde Park
19th November 2021 – 3rd January 2022 Follow the lights to Hyde Park and immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere of Winter Wonderland, one of the biggest Christmas markets in London.
- Discover more than 100 wooden cabins overflowing with fantastic gifts, including handmade crafts and beautiful pieces of jewellery. You can also get your skates on at the UK’s biggest outdoor ice rink, see London sparkle from the Giant Observation Wheel, or sit back and enjoy one of Winter Wonderland’s top Christmas shows.
- Try festive German fare, such as German sausage and glühwein in the Bavarian Village.
- Wrap up and relax with a cocktail at Bar Ice, where the bar, tables and even glasses are made of ice.
- Enjoy craft ales, hot chocolate and warming food in giant tipis at Thor’s Tipi. Snuggle up by the log fires, grab a blanket and escape the cold outside.
- Ride a traditional carousel or brave the giant loops of nine different roller coasters at the fairground.
- Book your hotel in advance, Close to the Winter Wonderland. Try the Montagu Place Hotel, a unique, non-chain hotel experience with a real boutique feel,excellent service and comfy beds.
Christmas Lights Walking Tour in London
- Add some sparkle to your month with a festive walk which takes you to see the very best Christmas lights in London. Along the way, you will hear about why Turkeys wore boots on their way to market, who invented the Christmas card, how the Victorian’s re-invented Christmas, and much more.
- Alternatively, organise a customised private tour and have a local host show you the best of the city’s Christmas attractions.
Southbank Centre Winter Market
- 4th November – 24th December – See the South Bank’s riverside transformed into a wintry wonderland, where global cuisine and an artisan Christmas market come together in one sparkling location for Southbank Centre’s Winter Festival.
- Amble past the traditional wooden chalets lining the banks of the Thames and pick up gorgeous stocking fillers from the Winter Market. Or, tuck into cheese-based food, cocktails and mulled wine surrounded by the glow of neon artworks, as part of the Winter Lights display
Selfridges Christmas Market
- 5th November – 24th December – The Selfridges Christmas Market returns to Edwards Mews again this Christmas. Enjoy sizzling street food from vendors curated by the founder of Street Feast, Dominic Cools-Lartigue, including waffles dripping with chocolate, Filipino treats and pie and mash
- This outdoor market brings fairground rides for kids and adults, personalised wreaths made in front of you and heaps of stalls selling Christmas goodies.
- For a true London Style Christmas, book your room at Durrants Hotel, just a few minutes from the best stores in London. The hotel mixes old world charm with modern amenities and exceptional service.
Covent Garden Christmas Village
- 15th November – 8th January – Be dazzled by hundreds of thousands of glittering lights that decorate Covent Garden, home to the spellbinding Covent Garden Christmas Village
- Grab a hot chocolate, mulled cider or warm churros from the festive food market, while on your way to take a selfie in Santa’s sleigh. Afterwards, walk through a forest of Christmas trees to arrive at the bauble-themed dining domes, which offer seasonal food and cocktails.
Leicester Square Christmas Market
- 12th November – 9th January – Experience festive fun with Christmas in Leicester Square, which gives the home of blockbuster film premieres a yuletide makeover.
- Browse the traditional market filled with a wonderful array of crafts and tempting treats. Afterwards, head to the Belgian spiegel tent to enjoy a brilliant lineup of comedy, cabaret and magic shows. 12 Nov-9 Jan
Christmas by the River at London B
- 12th November – 9th January – If you are looking for a more tranquil experience, head to the Christmas Market at London Bridge. Set against stunning views of Tower Bridge and the Tower of London, the market has charming wooden huts packed with original presents, handmade crafts and plenty of delicious snacks.
- Indulge in mouthwatering food from an array of pop-up stalls and admire one of London’s most iconic skyline views with a steaming cup of mulled wine.
Hogwarts in the Snow – Warner Bros Tour
- Until 16 January 2022 – Winter has arrived at the wizarding world, with a true festive makeover. Glittering Christmas trees line the Great Hall and a replica festive feast including flaming Christmas puddings is laid out on the long tables. Around the rest of the studio, special-effect fires roar in the fireplaces, the Gryffindor Common Room and the Boys’ Dormitory are filled with Christmas decorations and the detailed Hogwarts castle model is covered in a special blanket of snow. Plus, Diagon Alley is looking even more wintry with a dusting of snow on its cobbles and shopfronts. Get your tickets in advance
- Most of the gay bars and clubs host festive theme nights and parties throughout the holiday season. Some special events are also planned including:
- Saturday 18 December | 7:30pm – London Gay Men’s Chorus – London Gay Men’s Chorus perform an array of Christmas classics, pop hits, carols and numbers from musicals, including All I Care About Is Love, Come What May, Carol of The Bells, Silent Night and Feliz Navidad.
The main gay area in central London is Soho offering lots of gay bar, clubs, shops and restaurants. With so many bars and so much going on in the centre of London, this is where you will want to stay.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of SoHo / London
Stay in the heart of London’s gay SoHo District and you will be close to all the pride festivities and events. Book early with our hotel partner booking.com as this zone is one of the most requested during Pride!
Recommended Apartments in London
Accommodation is fitted with air conditioning and features a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. There is also a fridge, oven and a coffee machine.
Each unit has a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, a seating area, a flat-screen TV, a washing machine, & a private bathroom with shower & a hairdryer. A microwave & a fridge are also offered, as well as a coffee machine.
Soho One features free WiFi & a washing machine the apartment comes with 1 bedroom with a double bed, a kitchen with a dishwasher, microwave, a flat-screen TV, a seating area & 1 bathroom equipped with a shower.
Each unit offers a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, microwave, a fridge and oven are also offered, as well as a kettle and a coffee machine. A living room with a flat-screen TV, a washing machine, a bathroom with shower
Video Of Christmas in London
Highlights of the best of London’s Christmas attractions.
Recommended Hotels in London
Hotels in London book out well in advance and it is one of the most expensive cities to stay in – but if you book in advance you can get some great deals! Try for SoHo if you want to stay close to all the gay bars and clubs.
The Piccadilly, 5 Star
London’s West End
Each stylish room has mood lighting & a luxury bathroom with free toiletries, fluffy bathrobes, air conditioning, satellite TV & work desks.
W London, 5 Star
W London – Leicester Square offers luxury bedrooms and a stylish cocktail bar. The hotel boasts a sumptuous spa and beauty centre. Free Wi.Fi
The Soho Hotel 5 Star
Each air-conditioned room at The Soho includes a flat-screen TV, fully stocked minibar and an iPod docking station. An en suite bathroom is also provided.
Hazlitts, 4 Star
Charming & Boutique
In London’s Theater land, in the heart of the West End, this 4-star boutique hotel offers beautiful rooms with antique furniture & free Wi-Fi.