From: Friday, November 17, 2023
To: Tuesday, January 2, 2024
London is brimming with Christmas markets of all shapes and sizes, from the traditional and intimate to fairground style of Winter Wonderland.
- Visiting London for Christmas or New Year? Book your hotel as early as possible. Stay in Soho, close to all of the city’s bars and restaurants. If you like to party and enjoy the NYE Circuit events, then stay in Vauxhall, just steps from some of the biggest clubs and parties.
Winter Wonderland Christmas market in Hyde Park
17th November, 2023 – 2nd January, 2024 Follow the lights to Hyde Park and immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere of Winter Wonderland, one of the biggest Christmas markets in London.
- Discover more than 100 wooden cabins overflowing with fantastic gifts, including handmade crafts and beautiful pieces of jewelry. You can also get your skates on at the UK’s biggest outdoor ice rink, see London sparkle from the Giant Observation Wheel, or sit back and enjoy one of Winter Wonderland’s top Christmas shows.
- Try festive German fare, such as German sausage and glühwein in the Bavarian Village.
- Wrap up and relax with a cocktail at Bar Ice, where the bar, tables and even glasses are made of ice.
- Enjoy craft ales, hot chocolate and warming food in giant tipis at Thor’s Tipi. Snuggle up by the log fires, grab a blanket and escape the cold outside.
- Ride a traditional carousel or brave the giant loops of nine different roller coasters at the fairground.
- Book your hotel in advance, Close to the Winter Wonderland. Try the Montagu Place Hotel, a unique, non-chain hotel experience with a real boutique feel, excellent service and comfy beds.
Christmas Lights Walking Tour in London
- Add some sparkle to your month with a festive walk which takes you to see the very best Christmas lights in London. Along the way, you will hear about why Turkeys wore boots on their way to market, who invented the Christmas card, how the Victorian’s re-invented Christmas, and much more.
- Alternatively, organise a customised private tour and have a local host show you the best of the city’s Christmas attractions.
Southbank Centre Winter Market
- Awaiting dates – See the South Bank’s riverside transformed into a wintry wonderland, where global cuisine and an artisan Christmas market come together in one sparkling location for Southbank Centre’s Winter Festival.
- Amble past the traditional wooden chalets lining the banks of the Thames and pick up gorgeous stocking fillers from the Winter Market. Or, tuck into cheese-based food, cocktails and mulled wine surrounded by the glow of neon artworks, as part of the Winter Lights display
- For a true London Style Christmas, book your room at Durrants Hotel, just a few minutes from the best stores in London. The hotel mixes old world charm with modern amenities and exceptional service.
Covent Garden Christmas Village
- Awaiting Dates – Be dazzled by hundreds of thousands of glittering lights that decorate Covent Garden, home to the spellbinding Covent Garden Christmas Village
- Grab a hot chocolate, mulled cider or warm churros from the festive food market, while on your way to take a selfie in Santa’s sleigh. Afterwards, walk through a forest of Christmas trees to arrive at the bauble-themed dining domes, which offer seasonal food and cocktails.
Leicester Square Christmas Market
- Awaiting Dates – Experience festive fun with Christmas in Leicester Square, which gives the home of blockbuster film premieres a yuletide makeover.
- Browse the traditional market filled with a wonderful array of crafts and tempting treats. Afterwards, head to the Belgian spiegel tent to enjoy a brilliant lineup of comedy, cabaret and magic shows.
Christmas by the River at London Bridge
- Awaiting Dates – If you are looking for a more tranquil experience, head to the Christmas Market at London Bridge. Set against stunning views of Tower Bridge and the Tower of London, the market has charming wooden huts packed with original presents, handmade crafts and plenty of delicious snacks.
- Indulge in mouthwatering food from an array of pop-up stalls and admire one of London’s most iconic skyline views with a steaming cup of mulled wine.
Hogwarts in the Snow – Warner Bros Tour
- Awaiting Dates – Winter has arrived at the wizarding world, with a true festive makeover. Glittering Christmas trees line the Great Hall and a replica festive feast including flaming Christmas puddings is laid out on the long tables. Around the rest of the studio, special-effect fires roar in the fireplaces, the Gryffindor Common Room and the Boys’ Dormitory are filled with Christmas decorations and the detailed Hogwarts castle model is covered in a special blanket of snow. Plus, Diagon Alley is looking even more wintry with a dusting of snow on its cobbles and shopfronts. Get your tickets in advance
- Most of the gay bars and clubs host festive theme nights and parties throughout the holiday season. Some special events are also planned including:
- Awaiting date and venue – The London Gay Men’s Chorus host a series of festive performances of Christmas classics old and new!
London Hotels for Christmas
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the major markets and the gay bars in Soho:
Hazlitt’s, Piccadilly Hotel, The Z Hotel Soho, W London Leicester Square
Where to stay close to all the gay bars.
Our top 4 selections with the best rates.
W Hotel London is our editors choice
when in London in the heart of the city!
For further information and advice on
London Christmas Markets The Website
Stay in the heart of London’s gay SoHo District and you will be close to all the pride festivities and events. Book early with our hotel partner booking.com as this zone is one of the most requested during Pride!
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in London that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
A London landmark, the hotel features 159 contemporary guestrooms, including 54 suites and 7 signature suites. Each is designed with careful detail and features complimentary WiFi, Bang & Olufsen entertainment systems, media hubs and luxury bathroom amenities. Features a state-of-the-art-gym, a large lap pool, a sauna, a Hammam/steam room
In London’s vibrant West End, W London – Leicester Square offers luxury bedrooms and a stylish cocktail bar. The hotel boasts a sumptuous spa and beauty centre. Featuring floor-to-ceiling windows, iPod docks, 37-inch flat-screen TVs, and an impressive media library. All have bathrobes and luxury linens, and some have views over Leicester Square.
Each air-conditioned room at The Soho includes a flat-screen TV, fully stocked minibar and an iPod docking station. An en suite bathroom is also provided. Guests can also make use of a beauty treatment room, which offers full body massage, facials and manicures. a fully equipped gym with an on-site personal trainer.
In London’s Theatreland, in the heart of the West End, this 4-star boutique hotel offers beautiful rooms with antique furniture and free Wi-Fi. There is a 24-hour front desk and a library lounge. The unique bedrooms at Hazlitt’s have sumptuous decor and elegant panelled walls. All rooms have a flat-screen TV, minibar and work desk, luxury REN toiletries.
Highlights of the best of London’s Christmas attractions.
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in London that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
This hotel features a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a restaurant. Other amenities include 2 bars/lounges, a 24-hour fitness center, and a snack bar/deli. All 380 soundproofed rooms provide free WiFi, free wired Internet, and 24-hour room service. For a bit of entertainment, TVs come with satellite channels, and espresso makers and bathrobes.
This smoke-free hotel features a restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a snack bar/deli. Free manager’s reception are also provided. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, concierge services, and dry cleaning. All 95 rooms offer free WiFi, minibars, and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Room service, rainfall showerheads, and coffee makers.
This smoke-free hotel features a meeting room, concierge services, and dry cleaning. Additionally, laundry facilities, a 24-hour front desk, and express check-out are onsite. All 78 soundproofed rooms provide free WiFi, free wired Internet, and room service. Kitchenettes with refrigerators and microwaves are standard, coffee makers and flat-screen TVs.
This smoke-free hotel features a restaurant, a fitness center, and a bar/lounge. Other amenities include a 24-hour business center, a conference center, and 24-hour room service. All 239 rooms offer comforts like memory foam beds and down comforters, plus free WiFi and Smart TVs with satellite channels. 24-hour room service, TVs, and rainfall showerheads.