From: Friday, Oct 22nd, 2021
To: Sunday, Oct 31st, 2021
Fantasy Fest Key West 2021
Fantasy Fest is an annual 10-day party in paradise for grown-ups. Started in 1979 by a small group of Key West locals, the party was created to bring visitors to the island in what was a typically quiet, but beautiful season. It worked.
Fantasy Fest has grown every year since its inception and is now the wildest extravaganza around! Fun-loving revelers from around the globe bring their creativity and imaginations as they descend upon Key West each year in October for 10 days filled with costuming, parades, libations, and excitement!
Although the Fantasy Fest Parade has been cancelled, many of the other traditional events and parties are going ahead as scheduled.
There are hundreds of events taking place during the 10 days of Fantasy Fest. Popular pool parties are held at The Equator Resort (Naked Pool Party), Alexander’s Guesthouse and The Bourbon Street Pub.
Here’s our shortlist of what to do during Fantasy Fest 2021. The gay hotels sell out months in advance in Key West. If you are looking for a last minute deal or want a larger hotel with great amenities, check out the Key West Marriott Beachside.
- Don’t miss That Arena Rock Concert, the ultimate high energy tribute to “Classic” Rock N’ Roll. Performing legendary rock anthems that ruled the airwaves in the 70s and 80s. Including artists like: Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses to name a few.
- The absolute must-see event is the 6th annual Smallest Parade in the Universe competition.Starting at 7 pm, members of the community will be invited to show off their homemade floats during this absolutely outstanding and hilarious parade. Being Key West, the floats are normally filled with a hefty dose of campy humor, creating a true spectacle. Proceeds from the parade benefit MARC, a facility that helps adults with developmental disabilities.
- End your night at The Day of the dead Dance Party at the Old Town Rodeo – 618 Duval St. 8pm – 3am.
- The Heroes & Villains 5K Run/Walk invites people of all ages to dress up as their favorite hero (or villain).
- Later on the the Kinky Carnival, now in its 24th year, will be filled with great drinks, Interactive BDSM stations, fetish rooms, bondage, and more. The party is taking place at First Flight and has a strict “No Fetish Costume, No Entry” policy.
- At 11 am, ride naked or in body paint at the Naughty Bike Ride. For those who want to partake, but not ride, PediCabs will be available.
- Later in the evening, the heat really gets turned up at Exposed at the Bourbon Street Pub. This giant complex will be hosting a night of debauchery and adult fun, including a foam party, blacklight party, and open pool and jacuzzi. It’s expected to be the most risque party of the season.
- Time to get dressed up in your best birthday suit for Bowties and Birthday Suits at the Island House. Bowties are provided and the party will be complete with go-go dancers, music, and free shots. It’s an excellent way to enjoy the sunshine and great views of Key West!
- Halloween starts early with the Haunted Hoedown Costume and Dance Party. Dance the night away at Wagon Wheel Bar and Grill and welcome the arrival of Halloween at midnight.
Where to stay during Fantasy Fest
Most of the gay bars in town are clustered along colourful Duval Street. Check out our insider gay guide to Key West
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Key West
Most of the gay bars in town are clustered along colorful Duval Street, in the historic district, which is also home to dozens of fun shops and inviting restaurants.
Recommended Apartments in Key West
The holiday home includes a Living room with TV, a kitchen with a dishwasher and a coffee machine. There is a bathroom with a shower and hairdryer. A Private swimming pool and a barbecue. Free WiFi
This Air conditioned holiday home has a living room with satellite TV, a fully equipped kitchen with an oven and a microwave, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom with shower. A swimming pool and a Barbecue. Free WiFi
This Air conditioned holiday home includes a living room with a TV with satellite channels, a kitchen with a dishwasher and an oven, as well as a coffee machine and a washing machine. A Swimming pool & Free WiFi
Featuring air-conditioned accommodation with a private pool, 3 bedrooms, a TV with cable channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 4 bathrooms with a shower.
Video of Fantasy Fest
Key West Fantasy Fest Ends Sunday After Lavish Parade
Recommended Hotels in Key West
Check out a selection of our favourite hotels in Key West, close to all of the gay bars and clubs and offering great service and value for money.
The Gardens Hotel
4 Star, adults-only
This hotel offers a breakfast buffet and an outdoor pool. Duval Street is a 1-minute walk away
3 Star, Adult Only
Colonial style rooms in a beautiful setting with excellent finishing touches. Highly recommended.
3 Star, Adult Only
10 bedroom guest house with an outdoor heated pool, continental buffet breakfast, and free WiFi.
Truman Hotel 3 Star
Outdoor pool and modern rooms equipped with iPod docking stations and flat-screen TVs.