From: Sunday, October 8, 2023
To: Sunday, October 8, 2023
Hamburg Gay Wiesn 2023
Hamburg goes Bavarian on the first Sunday of October each year to celebrate the Gay Oktoberfest, the Gay Wiesn.
- Visiting Hamburg? Stay in St.Georg, close to the gay bars with a wide range of hotels available. The Central Hotel, Bel Etage is rated “Superb” by guests with spacious rooms, delicious breakfasts and perfect location.
Hamburg Gay Oktoberfest
- Hamburg’s hottest gay club 136 degrees presents the Gay Wiesn in the beautiful Hofbräuhaus at Speersort, the city’s largest beer garden, perfect for enjoying a beer in the early Autumn sun.
- The event will feature traditional Oktoberfest music, a great fun atmosphere and guests are encouraged to dress up for the occasion, so pack those lederhosen! Those with the hottest costumes will win 50 liters of free beer!
- Hamburg’s Gay Wiesn runs from 4pm until 12am. The event fills fast and queues form early! Get your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Hofbräuhaus at Speersort – located in central Hamburg, it is the city’s largest beer garden spread across two levels in a listed building. The venue is an 11 minute taxi from the gay bars around St.Georg.
- Stay at the Park Hyatt Hamburg, located close to both the bars and the party venue and enjoy their “Fabulous” rated service, beautiful indoor pool, comfortable rooms and walking distance to all the city’s top attractions.
Trending Hotels in St.Georg
The following hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the city’s bustling nightlife scene:
Gay Map of Hamburg
There are two gay areas in Hamburg the first being St. Georgs where you will find 12 gay bars all close together this area is also known as the red light area The other area is St. Pauli and has 10 gay bars and clubs.
Gay Map Hamburg / St. Georgs
Gay Map Hamburg / St. Pauli
Recommended Hotels in Hamburg By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Hamburg that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Behind its grand façade, the Hotel Atlantic Hamburg, provides spacious rooms and suites with flat-screen TV and marble bathroom. Each floor is inspired by a different colour. Guests enjoy free use of the sauna. On site is also the Energy Clinic spa, which features an exclusive beauty salon and a gym overlooking the Außenalster Lake.
Le Méridien Hamburg
5 Star, Readers Choice
Rooms at Le Méridien Hamburg feature modern ambiance with either wooden or carpet flooring, elegant bathrooms with bathtub or shower, a flat-screen TV, air-conditioning as well as hot drinks facilities. Guests have free access to various online newspaper and magazines. Located in the city centre directly on the Alster Lake with spectacular views
4 Star, Great Value
Named after the German word for ruby and boasting a red theme throughout, the 4-star superior ARCOTEL Rubin offers free WiFi and spacious rooms with flat-screen TVs. It lies in Hamburg’s lively St. Georg district, 500 m from Hamburg Central Station. Its air-conditioned rooms include soundproofed windows, leather furnishings and cordless telephones.
3 Star, Location
The individually designed rooms at the Hotel Wedina an der Alster are located in 4 colour-themed buildings (red, blue, green and yellow) and exude a love for literature. All rooms include free WiFi, wooden floors, a safe and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and a bathtub or shower. Located in Hamburg-St. Georg, just 150 m away from the Alster Lake
Video Of Hamburg Gay Wiesn
Video of Hamburg Gaywiesn – Gay Beer Festival, October
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Hamburg
Hamburg, Germany, has a lively and diverse LGBTQ+ community, making it a welcoming destination for gay travelers and residents alike. The city offers a range of gay-friendly establishments, events, and resources.
St. Georg | The heart of Hamburg’s gay scene
- St. Georg is often considered the heart of Hamburg’s gay scene.
- This district is home to many gay bars, clubs, and shops, making it a popular destination for the LGBTQ+ community.
- The “Lange Reihe” street is particularly known for its concentration of LGBTQ+-friendly establishments.
- Discover the best things to see and do in St. Georg
A vibrant district with LGBTQ+-friendly venues, around the Reeperbahn area, known for its nightlife.
Staying in the heart of the city gives you easy access to major attractions, shopping districts, & upscale hotels.