From: Friday, February 2, 2024
To: Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Galveston Mardi Gras 2024
Mardi Gras! Galveston is the third largest Mardi Gras celebration in the United States, attracting more than 300,000 attendees annually. The two-week celebration is best known for its lavish parades held on the streets of the city’s historic downtown and beachfront.
- Top Tip! – Weekends are especially busy, so book your hotel well in advance. We recommend the Tremont House, a charming 4 star hotel with a great rooftop bar in the center of town.
- During Mardi Gras! Galveston, the island comes alive with extravagant parades, more than 50 galas and festive events, bead throwing, exhibits, live entertainment and the best Gulf Coast cuisine in the world.
- Galveston Mardi Gras has been celebrated for over a century. Visitors to the island gather in Galveston’s downtown entertainment district and along the beachfront on Seawall Boulevard to see flashy floats, high-stepping marching bands and dazzling dancers.
- With over 23 different parades taking place, the streets are alive with music and a party atmosphere throughout the festivities. The one big parade you don’t want to miss is the final parade on the last Tuesday of the event.
Krewe of Aquarius Fat Tuesday Parade, 6:30 p.m. (Entertainment District)
- Tuesday 13st Feb, 2024 – Mystic Krewe of Aquarius presents its Fat Tuesday parade in the downtown entertainment district.
- This grand parade, featuring marching bands, dance teams and dozens of lighted floats, will mark the final hours of Mardi Gras!
- Check out the top hotels close to the Galveston Mardi Gras parade.
- The parade begins at 25th Street and Santa Fe Place, travels south to Post Office Street, east on Post Office Street to 19th Street, north along 19th Street to Strand Street, west on Strand Street to 25th Street.
- Another popular event is the Mardi Gras Galveston Funky Uptown Umbrella Brigade.
- Stay close to all of the Mardi Gras events, bars and parties at The Harbor House Hotel, with spacious rooms and perfect location, rated “Wonderful” by guests.
The Gay Mardi Gras in Galveston.
- One of the many beautiful things about Galveston is that it’s so LGBTQ-friendly. A queer Galveston mainstay going 50 years strong,
- Robert’s Lafitte hosts drag shows and pageants with a close-knit ambiance that makes every guest a local.
- Several stylish balls, costume parties and black tie events also take place during the Mardi Gras festivities.
- Awaiting updates for the 2024 edition.
Where to stay in Gay Galveston?
The following Galveston hotels are close to all of the Carnival celebrations:
Recommended Hotels in Galveston By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Galveston that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants bars
Hotel Galvez and Spa
4 Star – Good Location
Featuring a full serviceand an outdoor heated pool, this luxury resort is located on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico just a 5-minute drive from Central Galveston. Free WiFi is provided
Coppersmith Inn B&B
4 Star, Style
Fitted with a patio, the units offer air conditioning and feature a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer. A fridge is also featured, as well as a kettle and a coffee machine.
The Tremont House
4 Star – Great Amenities
Free Wi-Fi and cable TV are included in the classically decorated guestrooms of this Galveston hotel. In-room tea- and coffee-making facilities are also provided for added convenience.
The San Luis Resort Spa
4 Star – Pamper yourself
This beachfront resort also features a spa. All rooms at the resort are equipped with a seating area, a flat-screen TV with cable channels and a private bathroom with luxury toiletries