From: Thursday, February 8, 2024
To: Wednesday, February 14, 2024
Florianopolis Gay Carnival & Pop Gay Party Brazil 2024
The Florianópolis Gay Carnival or Floripa Gay Carnival is one of Brazil’s biggest LGBT events, attracting more than 50,000 visitors each year.
Florianópolis Gay Carnival hosts some of the most spectacular parades and street parties in Brazil. Other events include a beauty contest for drag queens, live shows and circuit events.
- Visiting for Carnival? The city fills up fast with over 50,000 visitors attending the gay parties. Book your hotel in the centre.
- Daily, throughout the Carnival – Florianopolis or “Floripa” is an island resort on Santa Catarina with more than 40 different beaches. The 35 miles from south to north of the island offers beaches for every taste. The east side has the best beaches for surfing and the north and northwest beaches are very calm.
- During Carnaval, Praia Mole and Praia Galheta fill with hundreds of gay men, mostly Brazilian and mostly sporting incredible bodies in incredibly small swim trunks.
- At Praia Mole, most of the people spend their time cruising up and down the beach, dancing on the beach or at Bar do Deca. The gay white-sand beach is one of the East Island’s best and most secluded beaches. Further along you will find Praia da Galheta, the nudist area.
- Stay close to Praia Mole at the Selina Floripa, a 4 star hotel with outstanding pool, great vibes and beautiful surroundings.
- 8th Feb to 14th February, 2024 – Bar do Deca features an all-star cast to transform the DecaLovers’ day and night into unforgettable moments. Get Tickets here
- Praia Mole and the Deca parties are a 30 minute taxi ride from downtown Florianopolis.
- Saturday 10th Feb, 2024 – Florianopolis carnival is also famous for the numerous parades held in the city as well as the excellent performances of all the samba schools participating in the annual Florianopolis carnival sambadrome . The Sambadrome is in the city centre.
- The grand parade features each of the local samba schools, motorised floats and dancers.
- The show commences with a firework display at midnight after which the party officially begins with the first samba school parading down the runway blasting their signature tune over the sound system.
- The last school makes its way down the runway at 4am.
The Street Parties (Blocos)
- Most of the small neighborhoods in Florianopolis have made up their own samba schools and blocos which is why there’s always a party in every corner of town.
- Saturday 10th Feb, 2024 – Catch the small but unique parade by the Blocos dos Sujos. Here, male cross dressers parade throughout town singing and dancing. Few parties bring together so many people, of such diverse ages and from such varied locations.
- Monday 12th Feb, 2024 – Don’t miss – The Pop Gay Party during Florianopolis gay carnival! Crazy Drag Queens, dancers and an electric atmosphere.
- The party is held in the city centre, between Avenida Paulo Fontes and Praça Fernando Machado. Events include the Pop Gay Beauty Queen contest and the Pop Gay Drag Queen contest.
Where to stay during Florianopolis Carnival
The following Florianopolis hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Gay Map of Florianopolis
With a subtropical climate here, the forty-plus beaches within easy reach of downtown are a major attraction. Some of the most popular include: Praia de Jurerê Internacional, an area filled with hotels, beach clubs, restaurants,and nightclubs; Praia Galheta, the gay-friendly but general public nude beach (some cruising in the dunes); and the beautiful Praia Mole, a short walk from Lagoa central, popular with young, alternative and gay people, and location for Bar do Deca with all-night dancing in the open air.
Recommended Hotels in Florianopolis By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Florianopolis that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Novotel Florianopolis offers easy access to the beach and key convention centres. Among its features, guests can relax by its infinite pool whilst admiring a view of Baia Norte bay. Guests staying at this modern hotel can look forward to exclusive accommodation: all rooms are climatized and fitted with a minibar and a work desk. The Novotel’s restaurant will spoil you with its breakfast options
Majestic Palace Hotel
5 Star, Readers Choice
This 5-star hotel offers luxury accommodation, views of the North Bay, just minutes from Beiramar Shopping Mall, several beaches on the north, south and east of Santa Catarina Island. Rooms include LCD TVs, sea views through floor-to-ceiling windows, and Serta mattresses ensuring comfort. The hotel offers the Mezzanine Café and a bar. The hotel is non-smoking.
Blue Tree Premium
4 Star, Great Value
Blue Tree Premium Florianópolis boasts an outdoor swimming pool with panoramic views of the city. Offering free WiFi, guests will also have a gym and a sauna available. The accommodation features a 24-hour front desk, room service and luggage storage for guests. All rooms at this Blue Tree Premium Florianópolis hotel are equipped with air conditioning, a minibar and a digital safe.
3 Star, Location
Valerim Florianópolis offers 3-star accommodations with free WiFi and a rich breakfast with 70 different items without any additional charge served at the restaurant on site. Each non-smoking guestroom is equipped with air conditioning, telephone, minibar and 32″ LCD cable TV. You will also find a 24-hour front desk and a business centre at Valerim.
Official Video Of Florianopolis Gay Carnival
Highlights of the Florianopolis Carnaval: Pop Gay agita a noite no Centro da Capital