From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Denver Christmas Markets and Festive Holiday Attractions 2024
The annual Christkindlmarket brings authentic German and European holiday traditions to Denver!
- Stay close to the Market The Art Hotel Denver, with funky rooms, large showers, delicious breakfasts and located close to all the city’s top attractions.
- Denver’s Christmas Market at Civic Center Park opens every year on the Friday before Thanksgiving and lasts through the 23rd of December. The event offers an authentic German holiday experience, including meeting St. Nikolaus, Krampus and the Christkind herself.
- Guests can savour the season as they enjoy authentic Glühwein, Bavarian-style Biers, European coffee, or hot chocolate while wandering through the Market. Blinchiki (Russian-style crepes), knödel (Central European-style boiled dumplings), and Viennese apple strudel highlight the Market’s international food offerings.
- Each charming wooden hut offers finely crafted artisan gifts and holiday treats sold by local Coloradan and international merchants. Guests can enjoy live entertainment while snacking on Bavarian-style pretzels, fresh smoked salmon, or Goulash with their family and friends.
- Live German Polka music, heritage dance performances, and a designated ugly-sweater night add to the unique Christmas Experience.
- Stay in The Patterson Inn, rated “Superb” by guests, located just steps from the gay bars and clubs, close to the markets and offering superb rooms and amenities.
- Denver’s Christkindlmarket takes place at the Civic Center Park on 101 West 14th Avenue, Just a 10-minute drive from the gay-popular River North Art District (RiNo), home to some of the city’s top gay bars and restaurants.
- The city’s gay bars boast beautiful festive decorations throughout December.
- Visit Charlie’s for some seasonal line dancing or dance all night at Tracks.
Georgetown Christmas Market
- A Victorian Christmas awaits in the historic mountain town of Georgetown, located just an hour west of Denver.
- Georgetown’s Sixth Street transforms into a Christmas vision with a European-style outdoor market, roasted chestnuts, horse-drawn wagon rides, and Christmas carolers.
Light Shows at the Botanic Gardens
- The Blossoms of Light returns to the Denver Botanic Gardens on York Street from late November to early January.
- Blossoms of Light transforms the garden into a winter wonderland full of over two million twinkling holiday lights, sure to enchant guests young and old alike.
- Zoo Lights return to the Denver Zoo for over 28 years with over a month of nightly entertainment, animal encounters, and a colourful display of holiday lights.
- Two million Christmas lights decorate the zoo’s 70 acres during the event, which runs through early January. Other highlights of the event include a Festival of Lights, visits with Santa Claus.
Festive Lights & The Mile High Tree
- Before Thanksgiving, experience the Grand Illumination of landmark buildings in downtown Denver, including the City & County Building, Denver Union Station, Larimer Square and more. Check out the colourful projections of Night Lights Denver on the D&F Clocktower.
- Visit the Mile High Tree, the largest installation of its kind in North America. During open times, visitors to the tree will enjoy a selection of festive and diverse songs timed to the tree’s exciting light displays. The program lasts about five minutes and will run approximately every 15 minutes.
Where to stay in Denver?
The following hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the city’s top attractions:
Gay Map of Denver
Capitol Hill, a vibrant neighborhood located in East Denver, is also the city’s unofficial gayborhood. From Country/Western bars to dance clubs, there is a variety of nightlife options to discover here, with hotels an easy walk to bars
booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Hotels in Denver By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Denver that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
5 Star – Central Location
- 5-Star, Elegant Suites, Mountain Views
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- iPod docking, flat-screen TV
- Luxurious suites with stunning views & a full-service spa, ideal for a pampered Denver stay.
Grand Hyatt Denver
4 Star – Luxury
- 4-Star, Indoor Pool, On-Site Restaurant
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Flat-screen TV, free WiFi
- Comfortable rooms with modern amenities, indoor pool, close to Denver attractions.
4 Star – Great Amenities
- 4-Star, Rooftop Pool, Fully Equipped Fitness Centre
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- 37-inch TV, gift shop
- Offers rooftop pool with city views & a state-of-the-art fitness centre, perfect for a Denver visit.
4 Star – Perfect Location
- 4-Star, Outdoor Pool, Business Center
- Close to the gay district
- Cable TV, ergonomic desk chair
- Features an outdoor pool, modern business amenities, & comfortable rooms in a prime location.