From: Sunday, June 2, 2024
To: Sunday, June 2, 2024
Corpus Sitges Flower Festival 2024
The Corpus festival in Sitges is one of the most unique and beautiful in Spain, where carpets of flowers adorn the town’s main streets. The event is over 600 years old.
- Are you visiting Sitges for Carnival? Stay close to all the celebrations at the MIM Hotel, featuring stylish and spacious rooms, a modern gym, luxurious spa, indoor pool and popular rooftop sky bar.
The Flower Carpets
- June 2nd 2024 – The streets of Sitges are filled with the aroma of flowers during the celebration of the feast of Corpus Christi in late Spring.
- Corpus Sitges celebrations last over a week; however, the highlight of the festivity takes place on the feast day.
- Residents create carpets of petals on the streets from carnations and other flowers. Thirty-one different carpets are produced in total.
- Elaborate designs are traced onto the streets the day before and are carpeted late the night before and in the early morning.
- A jury awards prizes to the best carpets made with exquisite taste and devotion.
- Some of the most spectacular carpets are found in Cap De La Vila and on the following streets; Bonaire, Major and Santiago Rusinol.
The Corpus Procession
- Later, the procession of the Holy Sacrament passes over these works of art that adorn the main streets in Sitges.
- The procession route changes yearly but typically leaves from the town hall and makes its way to the church in the late evening (6.30 Pm).
- Stay close to the best flower carpets at the Hotel Medium Sitges Park right in the centre of town with large rooms and highly-rated breakfasts.
L’Ou com Balla
- Sunday, June 11th, from 10 pm to 2 pm at Palau Maricel. Museums de Sitges. Racó de la Calma.
- The dancing egg is an old tradition in several towns in Catalonia, Spain, during the feast of Corpus Christi, when an egg is suspended in the vertical jet of a water fountain.
- June 8th to 18, 2023 – Corpus Christi festivities include other activities such as the National Carnation Exhibition, the Bonsai Exhibition, the Floral Decoration of Façades and Balconies Competition, and the Giants Parades.
- ‘Corpus Christi’ is Latin for ‘the body of Christ. Roman Catholics and other Christians celebrate this jubilant festival to proclaim the truth of the transubstantiation of bread and wine into the actual body of Christ during Mass.
- The date of the flower festival changes every year, depending on when easter falls, roughly nine weeks after Easter Sunday.
- Interesting Fact – the date of Corpus influences the date of Pride. Pride is always the week before or after the Corpus celebrations to ensure the events don’t clash, depending on when it falls.
Recommended Hotels in Sitges
Sitges is a compact village. All of the gay bars are located along a T Junction of Calle Bonaire, Calle Joan Tarrida and Plz Industria.
Gay Map of Sitges
Most of Sitges gay bars are located in the centre of the village just seconds from the beach, on C.Bonaire, Joan Tarrida and Plz Industria. Most hotels are within 5 minutes walk of the centre.
Recommended Hotels in Sitges By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Sitges that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Dolce by Wyndham
5 Star, Luxury
- 5 Star hotel with 4 heated pools.
- 7-minute drive to the gay bars.
- Rooms & Suites
- Perfect for a total escape and pampering, but still close to Sitges nightlife.
Hotel MiM Sitges
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4 Star Hotel with rooftop pool.
- 1-minute walk to the gay bars.
- High end amenities in rooms.
- Most popular hotel in the centre of Sitges, with luxurious spa and two pools.
3 Star, Great Value
- 3 Star Hotel with seafront location.
- Steps from the gay bars.
- Highly rated breakfasts.
- Always a popular choice with a beautiful rooftop bar offering beach views and pre-dinner cocktails.
3 Star, Location
- 3 Star Hotel in the centre of Sitges.
- 2-minute walk to the gay bars.
- Crisp, modern decor.
- Great location in the heart of Sitges with a large sun deck and epic outdoor pool.
Video Corpus Festival Sitges
Highlights from the Corpus Festival
Recommended Villas in Sitges
Sitges is the perfect destination for a celebration, or for entertaining a large group of friends during key events including Carnival, Bears Week, Pride or one of the other many festivals taking place throughout the year.
- 400 sq/m featuring 6 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Outdoor Pool
- 5 Mins drive from the gay bars, 600m from Balmins Gay Beach.
- 300 sq/m featuring 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Outdoor Pool
- 4 Mins drive from the gay bars, 2.5km to the gay beach.
- 425 sq/m featuring 6 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Two private pools
- 5 Mins drive from the gay bars, 900m from Balmins Gay Beach
Casita Del Mar
- 480 sq/m featuring 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- In the centre of Sitges.
- 1 Min walk to the gay bars and steps from the beaches.