From: Sunday, October 8, 2023
To: Sunday, October 8, 2023
Churros con Chocolate 2023
If you are heading to Barcelona for a weekend or longer, try and time your visit to coincide with the world-famous Sunday party, Churros con Chocolate, which takes place monthly throughout the year and during Special holiday weekends.
- Stay close to the Sala Apolo, host of the event, at the Hotel Brummell a 4-star boutique hotel with epic views, a great rooftop lap pool and close to all the city’s major attractions.
- Next Edition – October – 8th (Drag Factor)
- Join the funniest firecracker of a party on Sundays in Barcelona.
- Going out to party on Sundays is in fashion, thanks to Churros con Chocolate!
- Dance to the rhythm of the best disco songs of all time, surrounded by artists who will make you enjoy the last of the week to the fullest.
- The party takes place on Sunday from 5 pm until 6 am the next day and is very popular with locals and tourists. Arrive early as the queues to enter can be quite long.
- Churros is a fun event where people dance and don’t take themselves too seriously. If you are looking for shits-off circuit boys, then consider a Matinee party instead. Enjoy great music in a unique atmosphere with music of all flavors, Spanish and international Pop, Reggaeton and House, on two big dancefloors.
- October – 8th (Drag Factor) | 15th | 22nd (House of Ley) | 29th
- November – 5th (Outhaus & Sweetie Darling) | 12th | 26th
- December – 3rd (Drag Factor) | 10th | 17th
Venue- Regular Edition
- Sala Apolo in Barcelona plays host to Churros con Chocolate. The club is a sprawling, split-level concert venue with 2 bars, located on Carrer Nou de la Rambla.
- The club is a 10-minute ride from Eixample.
Summer Edition 2024
- Summer high season (June to Aug) – Events are hosted in the open air at La Terrrazza Barcelona – “Pueblo Espanol” (Spanish Village), located in the city; an open air museum replicating the typical buildings from all regions of Spain. The venue is the perfect combination of music, nature, freedom and most of all fun, from midnight to sunrise.
- Check out the top hotels closest to the venue. It is a 20 minute drive from the gay district of Eixample.
- For the Summer edition (July to Sept) stay close to the open air terrace at the Occidental Barcelona, rated “Superb” with one of the best rooftops in the city, stylish rooms and a luxury vibe.
Barcelona Pride Edition 2024
- Awaiting dates – Typically the final Friday to Sunday in June – CHURROS hosts a weekend of parties during the Barcelona Pride Edition. Venues to be confirmed. Events run on Friday and Saturday night with an outdoor event on the Sunday afternoon.
Where to stay?
The following Barcelona hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the city’s top attractions.
Gay Map of Barcelona
The gay district of Barcelona is located in the city’s Eixample district, known locally as “Gaixample”. Here you will find most of the gay bars, clubs and restaurants. It is quite compact and easy to navigate. There are also lots of hotels and apartments available in this area.
Recommended Hotels in Barcelona
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Barcelona that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
El Palace, 5 Star
Old World Charm
Hotel El Palace Barcelona is located in Eixample District, close to the Ramblas, the main shopping area and Barcelona’s main tourist attractions. It offers a Mayan-style luxury spa. A limousine service with a chauffeur is available on request. Stylish air-conditioned rooms with classic decor, satellite TV, desk, minibar and a private bathroom
H10 Metropolitan, 4 Star
Great chill out pool
Featuring a rooftop terrace with a bar and chill-out pool, H10 Metropolitan is located in Barcelona, 90 m from Plaça Catalunya. It offers a tapas restaurant and free WiFi. Each room has a flat-screen satellite TV, air conditioning, coffee machine and a minibar. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and bathrobes.
Catalonia Plaza, 4 Star
Great Value for money
Hotel Catalonia Plaza Cataluña offers an outdoor pool and stylish, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and satellite TV. It is housed in a Modernist building 50 m from Barcelona’s Plaza Catalunya. The hotel serves a continental buffet breakfast with show cooking and it includes a wide variety of regional products and home-made cakes.
Hotel Cram, 4 Star
Stylish- Perfect Location
The Cram Hotel is located in a building that dates back to 1892 and features a modernist façade, and a modern, elegant interior. Rooms boast advanced lighting and access control technology. The air-conditioned rooms a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Rooms feature beds by Treca de Paris, and elegant curtains by Gastón y Daniela.
Video of Churros con Chocolate, Barcelona
Churros con Chocolate BCN – Churros Weekend
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Barcelona
Barcelona is known for its diverse and vibrant LGBTQ+ community, and there are several popular gay neighbourhoods that offer exciting experiences. Here are five of the most well-known gay neighbourhoods, each with its own unique charm and attractions
Eixample | Close to the city centre
- Located to the northeast of the city centre, Eixample is one of Barcelona’s most famous gay neighbourhoods, often referred to as “Gaixample”.
- The neighbourhood is home to numerous gay-friendly hotels, gay bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops.
- One of the most popular attractions in Eixample is Antoni Gaudí’s modernist building, Casa Batlló.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Barcelona
Raval has a bohemian atmosphere with an alternative gay scene and is home to Barcelona’s Museum of Contemporary Art.
The gothic quarter offers a mix of historic charm, trendy shops, and an inclusive atmosphere in the heart of the city.