From: Monday, November 20, 2023
To: Saturday, December 23, 2023
Christmas Avenue Berlin 2023
Berlin’s Gay Christmas Market, “Christmas Avenue”, takes over the square at Nollendorfplatz in Berlin’s gay district of Schöneberg for a unique market featuring live shows, camp gifts and a very gay Christmas welcome.
- Stay close to the Christmas Market at the Motel One Berlin-Tiergarten, very popular with gay visitors with great rates and comfortable rooms.
- Since 2019, Berlin’s Christmas Avenue has been delighting visitors with unique light shows, live drag bingo events and the “Face of Christmas Avenue” game show. This year the event returns with an even more extensive program of live events.
- Guest DJs play everything from classical to rock, musicals to pop. Enjoy a glass of Winzerglühwein while you dance! The award-winning drink is produced exclusively for Christmas Avenue and tastes delicious.
- As well as lifting the spirits of everyone who visits, Christmas Avenue Berlin gives back to the community with joint fundraisers in favour of various non-profit associations working with Berlin’s LGBTQ+ community.
- Christmas Avenue Berlin runs daily from 3 pm until 10 pm on weekdays and opens earlier on Fri/Sun from noon.
- Nollendorfplatz is a square in the central Schöneberg district of Berlin, the home of some of the city’s most famous gay bars and clubs. The area around Nollendorfplatz has been a magnet for gay people since the 1920s. Men met at the Eldorado drag bar, where Marlene Dietrich and Claire Waldorf were also regulars.
- After you have had your fill of Christmas Spirit, head to some nearby cafés and bars that become genuine institutions on the gay scene, such as Café Berio. Enjoy a cup of coffee and a slice of cake while you watch what’s happening on Maaßenstraße. Enjoy a heartier kind of fare at the cosy old-fashioned Raststätte Gnadenbrot.
- Enjoy your very own suite at the Numa, a designer aparthotel, again, close to all the gay nightlife. Each room features a wide selection of high-end amenities, grand outdoor terraces and a high-end finish.
Recommended Berlin Hotels
Stay close to the gay bars in Schöneberg, just a 5-minute drive or 15-minute walk to the gay Christmas Market.
Gay Map of Berlin
Being such a large city, gay neighbourhoods are scattered around Berlin, in the districts of Schöneberg and Kreuzberg (the western part of Berlin) as well as in Prenzlauer Berg (eastern part). Recently, the district of Friedrichshain developed a trendy area for upmarket coffee shops and cocktail bars. The majority of the gay hotels, bars, cafes and shops in Berlin are located in the Schöneberg district.
Recommended Hotels in Berlin By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Berlin that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
The spacious rooms and suites of the non-smoking Sheraton Grand Hotel Esplanade Berlin feature a modern design and panoramic windows. They include a flat-screen TV, minibar, large bathroom and free WiFi. A rich breakfast buffet is served each morning in the Elements breakfast restaurant.
4 Star, Readers Choice
Mercure Berlin Wittenbergplatz is set in the Schöneberg district in Berlin, just a 1-minute walk from the KaDeWe and the Kurfürstendamm-boulevard. All rooms at the Mercure Berlin Wittenplatz come with a flat-screen TV, and some also have a balcony. WiFi is provided free of charge, high-speed internet can be purchased for a daily surcharge.
Riu Plaza Berlin
4 Star, Great Value
This hotel is set in a modern 17-storey building on Berlin’s Kurfürstendamm boulevard. The RIU Plaza Berlin is a 5-minute walk from Kurfürstendamm Underground Station and the world-famous KaDeWe department store. All rooms and suites feature luxury furnishings, a flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, fridge, air conditioning and a private bathroom.
3 Star, Gay Hotel
This hetero-friendly gay hotel in Schöneberg is 700 m from Berlin’s Kurfurstendamm shopping area and the KaDeWe department store. The hotel’s breakfast buffet is available until late, and Wi-Fi is free throughout the property. A 10-minute walk from the many bars of Nollendorfplatz Square, rooms with a flat-screen TV, DVD player & iPod docking station.
Video Of Christmas Avenue Berlin.
A Christmas Tune at Christmas Avenue
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Berlin
Berlin is a diverse and inclusive city with a vibrant LGBTQ+ community. There are several popular gay neighborhoods that each offer a different vibe.
Schöneberg | Historic Gay District
Photo: Schöneberg, home to Berlin’s popular gay bars and the Folsom Street Fair
- Located to the southwest of the city center, Schöneberg is one of Berlin’s oldest and most famous gay neighborhoods.
- It has a rich LGBTQ+ history and is known for its lively gay bars, clubs, and LGBTQ+-friendly businesses.
- Schöneberg is home to KaDeWe, one of Europe’s largest department stores and a shopper’s paradise.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Schöneberg
Home to the famous East Side Gallery, with a diverse and multicultral LGBTQ+ scene with eclectic bars and clubs.
Up-and-coming neighborhood, popular with hipsters and home to the world famous, long running Schwuz nightclub