From: Monday, Nov 22nd, 2021
To: Thursday, Dec 23rd, 2021
Christmas Avenue Berlin 2021
Berlin’s Gay Christmas Market, “Christmas Avenue”, takes over the square at Nollendorfplatz in Berlin’s gay district of Schöneberg for a unique market featuring live shows, camp gifts and a very gay Christmas welcome.
- Since 2019, Berlin’s Christmas Avenue has been delighting visitors with unique light shows, live drag bingo events and the “Face of Christmas Avenue” game show. This year the event returns with an even more extensive program of live events.
- Guest DJs play everything from classical to rock, musicals to pop. Enjoy a glass of Winzerglühwein while you dance! The award-winning drink is produced exclusively for Christmas Avenue and tastes delicious.
- As well as lifting the spirits of everyone who visits, Christmas Avenue Berlin gives back to the community with joint fundraisers in favour of various non-profit associations working with Berlin’s LGBTQ+ community.
- Christmas Avenue Berlin runs daily from 3 pm until 10 pm on weekdays and opens earlier on Fri/Sun from noon.
- Nollendorfplatz is a square in the central Schöneberg district of Berlin, the home of some of the city’s most famous gay bars and clubs. The area around Nollendorfplatz has been a magnet for gay people since the 1920s. Men met at the Eldorado drag bar, where Marlene Dietrich and Claire Waldorf were also regulars.
- After you have had your fill of Christmas Spirit, head to some nearby cafés and bars that become genuine institutions on the gay scene, such as Café Berio. Enjoy a cup of coffee and a slice of cake while you watch what’s happening on Maaßenstraße. Enjoy a heartier kind of fare at the cosy old-fashioned Raststätte Gnadenbrot.https://raststaette-gnadenbrot.de/
- Stay close to the Christmas Market at the Motel One Berlin-Tiergarten, very popular with gay visitors with great rates and comfortable rooms.
- Enjoy your very own suite at the Numa, a designer aparthotel, again, close to all the gay nightlife. Each room features a wide selection of high-end amenities, grand outdoor terraces and a high-end finish.
Now with all the fun happening around the gay area that’s where you are going to want to stay, and there are several hotels the fit the bill and the budget.
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Berlin
Being such a large city, gay neighbourhoods are scattered around Berlin, in the districts of Schöneberg and Kreuzberg (the western part of Berlin) as well as in Prenzlauer Berg (eastern part). Recently, the district of Friedrichshain developed a trendy area for upmarket coffee shops and cocktail bars. The majority of the gay hotels, bars, cafes and shops in Berlin are located in the Schöneberg district.
Recommended Apartments in Berlin
This self-catering apartment comes with high-ceilings, 1 Bedroom and bathroom with shower. The living room includes a seating area (sofa-bed) with a flat-screen TV and a BluRay Player. The kitchen is equipped with a Nespresso coffee machine & washing machine. Free WiFi, Sleeps up to 4
This modern designer apartment offers something a little different from chandeliers to custom furnisher, 4 Bedrooms and 2 bathroom with showers. The living room includes a seating area with a flat-screen TV. The kitchen is Fully equipped with & has a washing machine.
This Apartment is 128 square meters and offers space for up to 10 people to sleep, live and cook. It has three separate bedrooms with king-size and single beds, a workplace with and a large seating area in the living room with Flat-screen TV & a fully equipped kitchen. Free WiFi
Set in a historic building, Palacina Berlin features bright apartments with a stylish mix of antique-style and modern furniture. Comforts include a marble bathroom, flat-screen TV, modern kitchen and access to a furnished courtyard and rooftop terrace. Sleeps up to 5
Video Of Christmas Avenue Berlin.
A Christmas Tune at Christmas Avenue
Recommended Hotels in Berlin
The majority of the gay hotels, bars, cafes and shops in Berlin are located in the Schöneberg district. This is our recommended district.
5 Star, Luxury
This recently renovated designer 5 star hotel in trendy Mitte, has very good weekend deals.
Mercure Berlin, 4 Star
Close to gay bars
Set in the Schöneberg district in Berlin, just a 1-minute walk from the KaDeWe and the Kurfürstendamm-boulevard.
RIU Plaza Berlin
4 Star, Location
All rooms and suites feature luxury furnishings, a flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, fridge, air conditioning
3 Star, Gay Hotel
Close to Berlin’s Kurfurstendamm shopping area and the KaDeWe with great breakfast.