From: Friday, December 1, 2023
To: Monday, January 1, 2024
Christmas & New Year in Nice 2023
Celebrate Christmas and New Year in style in one of the most stylish European cities as Nice celebrates the festive season with glitter and glamour along the Promenade des Anglais.
- Are you visiting Nice for Christmas? Stay right on the seafront with views of the fireworks at the Westminster Hotel & Spa Nice featuring stylish and spacious rooms in a historic building.
Christmas in Nice
- Discover the magic of Christmas in Nice as the city is transformed into a fairytale wonderland.
- The entire city is dressed in colourful garlands and sparkling lights, from the charming old town to the seafront boulevard.
- Add in Nice’s sunny and mild holiday weather, and you have all the ingredients for a perfect holiday escape.
- Getting around Nice is easy with a fantastic public transport system, and the tram runs late into the night and connects all the top sights and attractions.
Marche Noël de Nice The Christmas Village and Markets
- Nice hosts a Christmas Market at Place Massena and Jardin Albert the 1st. The village is open daily from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm (9:00 pm on Fridays and Saturdays),
- Browse from sixty chalets displaying a range of artisan Christmas Gifts and enjoy delicious local delicacies in the “tasting” area.
- Dishes include traditional roasted chestnuts, Socca, a cross between a rustic flatbread and pancake and hot chocolate, oysters and Champagne, mulled wine and vin chaud.
- The market also has a skating rink, the house of Father Christmas, an enchanted forest of 600 fir trees and regular shows and live events.
- Place Massena is in the centre of Nice and is the city’s heart at the beginning of Jean Medecin Boulevard.
- The square is home to the famous Sun Fountain with a marble statue of Apollo and resembles a vast chessboard with black and white squares.
- In December, the square is decorated with Christmas trees, themed figures, and festive lights.
- After visiting the square, make your way to Galleries Lafayette, enjoy the animated window displays, and step inside for some last-minute gifts.
- Stay at the Boutique Hotel Nice, rated “Superb” by guests with spacious rooms, excellent service and perfect location.
The Ferris Wheel
- Take advantage of the view from the top of the giant Winter Ferris Wheel.
- Experience breathtaking panoramas of the city and its tile roofs on one side and the azure Mediterranean Sea on the other.
- In the evening, Nice is even more magical, illuminated by the famous statues of Place Massena, multi-coloured Christmas lights and other decorations.
- You can ride the Ferris wheel from the end of November to January 1, and it usually is open from 11 am to 11 pm.
Christmas Lunch on the Beaches
- Three beaches are open for lunch even in the winter: Beau Rivage, Centainaire Plage, Les Temps d’un Ete, and Blue Beach.
- Restaurants tend to be busy on New Year’s Eve as, traditionally, the French celebrate the season with a festive meal that evening.
New Year Celebrations
- The main celebration for NYE or Le Sainte-Sylveste in Nice is the celebration on the Promenade des Anglais.
- Watch the fireworks at midnight and follow on to Place Massena for the annual street party.
- Tip! Take a bottle of Champagne to celebrate the arrival of the new year. The best spot for viewing the fireworks is opposite the Casino Ruhl.
- It’s also quite a view to see many hunky Frenchmen dive into the sea at midnight.
- For the ultimate NYE celebration, stay at Le Negresco, one of the most famous hotels in France with period furniture fit for a queen, over the top service and high-end amenities.
Gay Bars during Christmas and New year in Nice
- Malabar Station – The most colourful bar in the city with rainbow chairs lining the sidewalk. Great spot for pre-dinner drinks and late-night cruising in the darkroom.
- L’Oméga Club – Small night club with a dedicated smoking room, great light and sound. Hosts regular theme parties.
- Eagle Bar – Sex and cruising bar with weekly Blackout parties and cruising zone. Open from 10 pm until 3 am.
- Le Glam – Bustling nightclub, always busy and host of a fabulous NYE event.
- Le Code – The busiest cruising spot in Nice. Arrive before 1 am.
Recommended Hotels in Nice
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action,
Recommended Hotels in Nice By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Nice that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
The famous Hotel Negresco, dating from the beginning of the 20th century, overlooks the beach and the Promenade. From Louis XIII style to modern art, 5 centuries of history are exhibited throughout the hotel. Free Wifi, & a fitness centre. Each room and suite is decorated individually & features air conditioning, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.
4 Star, Readers Choice
Best Western Plus Hôtel Massena Nice is a design hotel in the heart of Nice, just 200 m from the beach. It offers air-conditioned rooms equipped with a flat-screen TV and free WiFi access. The guest rooms are equipped with a minibar and tea and coffee making facilities. Some rooms feature a balcony or a terrace. Most private bathrooms include bathrobes.
Le Meridien Nice
4 Star, Great Value
Right on the Promenade des Anglais, this hotel faces the Mediterranean Sea. and offers a panoramic rooftop terrace and an outdoor swimming pool. The hotel was renovated in 2020. The modern guest rooms have views of the sea, the Albert 1st Gardens, or the hotel patio. Each is air conditioned and includes free WiFi access, a mini-bar and satellite TV
4 Star, Location
Set on the seafront in Nice’s Old Town, Hotel Suisse is an Italian-style hotel offering a partnership with a local private beach, where meals and beverages can be enjoyed for an additional charge. Guests can access the private beach for a discounted rate. Air-conditioned guest rooms include a flat-screen TV, minibar and telephone, and most have panoramic sea views.
Video Christmas in Nice
Discover the luxury of Christmas in Nice