From: Friday, November 18, 2022
To: Monday, January 2, 2023
Christmas and New Year in Boston 2022
Christmas and New Year in Boston is a festive and magical occasions with the city transformed into a wonderland of lights and decorations. The city hosts some spectacular Christmas shows and is full of holiday cheer. Stay at the South end close to some of the city’s best gay bars, eclectic stores and great restaurants. Back Bay is also a popular area. The Loews Boston Hotel is a classic but modern option with large rooms and high end amenities.
Boston Christmas Markets, Festivals & Fairs
- The Holiday Market at Snowport (November 19, 2021–January 2, 2022) – Boston’s longest running Winter Fair in the heart of the Seaport neighborhood featuring more than 100 small businesses selling gifts, crafts, and finger-licking goodies, such as craft brews, hot chocolate, and waffles. 3 – 8 p.m. on Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Sunday
- Harvard Square Holiday Fair (December 10–12, 17–19, 2021) – A charming Winter Market in Harvard Square spread out over two weekends. The fair hosts selected vendors from all over New England and beyond. Browse handmade gifts and crafted knick-knacks, artisan chocolates, olives and olive oil from Greece, and West African crafts.
- SoWa Winter Festival & Holiday Market (December 3–12, 2021) The annual SoWa Winter Festival offers ten days of excellent holiday shopping, Christmas lights, and seasonal treats. Enter through a fresh pine tree forest, where you will find 105 local art & food vendors for the ultimate artisan shopping experience. Sip winter cocktails in the eclectic Artist Loft Lounge, located on the swanky mezzanine level of the Power Station. Pure designer bliss. Journey from the Power Station to our outdoor food & drink lot, guided by a Trail of Light. Grab a bite from some of Boston’s best food trucks.
- Old South Church Christmas Craft Fair (December 4, 2021) – Old South Church Christmas Craft Fair takes place for one day by one of Boston’s oldest and most iconic churches. It features about 30 stalls, selling creations by glassblowers, candle makers, jewelers, knitters, and woodworkers. Don’t leave without trying a cup of hot mulled cider and some delicious Christmas foods in a historical setting.
The Santa Speedo Run!
- The Santa Speedo Run – December 11th 2021: a fun, zany annual event that supports the Play Ball Foundation and sees thousands of guys run through the streets of Boston in the tiniest Speedos you have ever seen
Boston’s Christmas Lights Trail
- Take the Old Town Trolley Tour and explore exquisite evening illuminations at some of the city’s most iconic areas, basking in holiday lights. Don’t miss Copley Square, Commonwealth Avenue, Public Garden, Boston Common, Downtown Crossing and Seaport. Finally no light tour would be complete without a visit to the Columbus Park Trellis.
A Seasonal Cruise
- Head to Boston Harbor for Holiday Brunch or Holiday Cocoa Cruise and enjoy the city from the water with amazing views, festive musical bands and romantic moments.
Boston Christmas Gay Bars and Parties
Boston has several neighborhoods with sizable LGBT populations, with the South End being one of the most notable. Other areas include Jones Hill, the Savin Hill and Melville Park areas of Dorchester, and Jamaica Plain. The following bars are some of the most popular in the city and host festive parties and New year events. We have included their corresponding neighborhood to make your trip easier to navigate.
- Midway Cafe – (Jamaica Plain) Host to one of Boston’s longest running gay nights, Queeraoke, every Thursday.
- Blend – (Dorchester) Restaurant turned nightclub with weekly dance parties, disco-themed brunches, and local drag queens.
- Club Cafe – (South End) – Hit here for Sunday Brunch after a weekend of partying, the perfect cure.
- Carrie Nation – (Beacon Hill) – Gay Friendly with Drag me to Brunch specials.
- Jacque’s Cabaret – (Bay village) – Bostons oldest gay bar in one of Boston’s most salubrious neighbourhoods with fun drag shows, showgirls and stand up.
- Cathedral Station – (South End) – The only gay sports bar in town with an enormous patio and delicious “hangover elixirs”
- dbar – (Swan Hill) – A former Irish pub transformed into a delicious gay restaurant that morphs into a nightclub and lounge. Busy at weekends and theme nights.
- The Alley (towntown Crossing) – Hidden, out of the way bear bar and late night beers, open ’till 2am.
- Trophy Room – (South End) – The perfect way to start your day with delicious brunch options, signature breakfast cocktails and friendly environment.
New Year’s Dining
- No. 9 Park – Upscale fine dining French- & Italian-inspired dishes & European wines served in an elegant townhouse space.
- Menton, – Chef Barbara Lynch’s French-Italian hybrid cuisine (plus tasting menus) in a luxurious setting. Extensive wine list.
- Boston Chops, – a casual yet refined twist on the splendor for which steakhouses are well-known, located in a former bank.
- Yvonne’s – Refined yet playful supper club in a handsome hideaway accented with marble & mahogany wood. Speakeasy inspired with 20’s glamour.
Or tantalize your taste buds at one of Boston’s food halls such as the iconic Quincy Market or Time Out Market in the Fenway. On New Year’s day try a recovery breakfast at Anthem in Boston’s historic Faneuil Hall We recommend the breakfast burger or lobster eggs benny.Perk up with one of the restaurant’s four variations on a bloody Mary or a blood-orange bellini for something sweet.
Boston Drag Brunches
- Drag brunches are big in Boston. Competition is fierce between these Queens, so expect epic performances and delicious dishes on and off the plate!
- Illusions The Drag Brunch Boston, Saturday & Sunday shows @1:30PM, Hosted upstairs at Hennessey’s
- Brunch of Queens! I love the 90s!, Sunday @11AM, Presented by Henry Paquin at Bell in Hand
- Mizery Loves Company Drag Brunch, Sunday 11AM – 4PM, With your host Mizery @blend
- Drag Me To Brunch, Sunday 12:00PM – 4:00PM, Hosted at Carrie Cocktail Nation Club
New Year Celebrations – Boston Gay Parties
- The biggest gay parties are typically held by Boston Gay Mafia at Legacy and crazy and quirky alternative Gay Bash’d in Cambridge
New Year Celebrations – Fireworks
- Head over to Christopher Columbus Park to ring in the New Year by watching fireworks over Boston Harbor at midnight launched from a barge between Long Wharf and Fan Pier.
- The best place to watch? Any spot along the waterfront overlooking Boston Harbor, such as the North End’s Christopher Columbus Park, the Downtown Waterfront, Fan Pier in the Seaport District, the East Boston Harborwalk, Charlestown Waterfront, and Castle Island.
- Stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel with spacious rooms and unmatched views of the harbor and the fireworks.
Boston First Night
- Since 1975, Boston’s First Night has been a New Year’s Eve celebration of artistic performances, the wonders of the season, and the beginning of a new year. In keeping with this fantastic Boston tradition, the First Night celebration will open 2022 with an array of performances.
- First Night is technically two full days. Festivities start at 11:50 a.m. on New Year’s Eve and run all afternoon through to the midnight countdowns. They pick up again New Year’s Day, with more performances. Even though most of the 39 events take place in or near Copley Square, you still can’t do it all. Choose a handful, including those indoors because NYE in Boston can be frigid. Then join the one-million-plus holiday revelers in celebrating New Year’s Eve, Boston-style.
Ice Sculpture Stroll
- The annual Ice Sculpture Stroll along Boston Harbor is bigger and better than ever this year, with imaginative ice sculptures to enjoy. A lineup of over a dozen unique ice sculptures will be on display from 1:00pm – dusk on December 31
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of BOSTON
Boston is Massachusetts’ capital and largest city. Founded in 1630, it’s one of the oldest cities in the U.S. there are a lot of amazing hotels in Boston close to the gay bars, take a look at booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Hotels in Boston By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Boston that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Boston Harbor Hotel
5 Star, Luxury Option
This 5-star waterfront hotel is located at Rowes Wharf, overlooking the. The luxurious hotel offers a full-service spa, award-winning restaurants and a modern gym.
The Langham Boston
5 Star, Readers Choice
This historic, 5-star hotel inwas originally the Federal Reserve Bank. It overlooks Norman B. Leventhal Park and features gourmet dining, a luxury spa and elegant rooms.
XV Beacon Hotel
5 Star Great Location
Situated at the top of Boston city centre’s historic Beacon Hill, this luxurious boutique hotel is within walking distance to major attractions and offers state-of-the-art services
The Liberty Boston
5 Star, Great Service
Boston city centre, this historic landmark hotel offers luxurious guestrooms featuring flat-screen TVs, award-winning dining & lounge options with easy access to top attractions.
Recommended Hotels in Boston By Expedia
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in Boston that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
This smoke-free hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a bar/lounge, a 24-hour business center, and valet parking. All 273 rooms offer thoughtful touches like pillow menus and bathrobes
4 Star, Service
This smoke-free hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and 2 bars/lounges. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a 24-hour fitness center, valet parking, and coffee/tea in a common area are onsite. All 238 rooms offer thoughtful touches like pillow menus and bathrobes
4 Star, Readers Choice
Along with a 24-hour fitness center, this smoke-free hotel has a 24-hour business center and a conference center. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, valet parking, conference space, and concierge services are onsite. All 225 rooms feature thoughtful touches like bathrobes
4 Star, Modern Classic
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has 2 bars/lounges and a 24-hour fitness center. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include self parking, a business center, and conference space. All 356 rooms offer free WiFi, balconies , and flat-screen TVs with cable channels.