From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Christchurch Big Bear Weekend 2023
Bears Christchurch Big Bear Weekend is always the highlight of the bears social calendar, inviting all bears far and wide for a weekend of fun activities and opportunities to mingle, make new friends, and celebrate what it is to be part of a diverse and inclusive community!
- Visiting Christchurch for the Bear Weekend? Treat yourself at The George with stunning views and impeccable service. Alternatively try the Crown Plaza, with an ultra modern feel and Superb rating.
- Highlights of the event include the opening drinks social evening where you can meet your new friends. There is also the annual Bear Car Rally and the Wine Tour
- Awaiting Date – Bears Weekend 2023 – Opening Drinks Bears Christchurch – Pomeroy’s Old Brewery Inn from 7.30pm
Otamahua/Quail Island Day Trip
- Awaiting Date – Its been a few years since the last one… so bears have decided to return to Otamahua/Quail Island! Ferry leaves Lyttelton at 10:15am and leaves Quail again at 3:30pm
- Quail Island is a small uninhabited island within Lyttelton Harbour in the South Island of New Zealand, close to Christchurch.
The Bear Car Rally
- Awaiting Date – Saturday Car Rally (FREE)
- If you are looking for a fun day out with a group of friends, be sure to register your interest! Groups will set off from Latimer Square at 10am and will have to fill out a task list that will require solving clues, taking photos, and more, as you travel a secret path across Christchurch!
- The conclusion of the rally will be a pub lunch at a secret location. Prizes for best dressed, first car/group to complete the course correctly, and more!
Bears Sunday BBQ
- Awaiting Date- Bears Christchurch are winding down the bears weekend with a relaxing Sunday BBQ, hosted at Andrew’s house out in Kaiapoi. BBQ meats and salads will be provided, please bring along something to drink
Where to stay in Gay Christchurch?
The gay scene in Christchurch is quite compact and most of the bars and clubs are located close to the central business district.
The following Christchurch Hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Gay Map of Christchurch
Recommended Hotels in Christchurch By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Christchurch that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
New in 2019, this 5-star boutique hotel is ideally located on Victoria Street At the hotel, every room offers free movies to enjoy throughout your stay. In addition, all rooms are equipped with a fridge, wardrobe and a flat-screen TV as well as private en suite bathrooms. For your comfort, rooms are also fitted with air conditioning.
5 Star, Readers Choice
The George is a luxurious 5-star boutique hotel and a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, has 52 stylish and comfortable guest rooms. All of the accommodation is spacious, features contemporary furnishings and has a modern bathroom. Modern in-room amenities including 42” LCD TV, digital movie system and free Wi-Fi.
Orari Boutique Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Orari Boutique Hotel is located in the centre of Christchurch, directly across from the Christchurch Art Gallery. Built in 1893, the heritage-listed home has been extensively refurbished and offers modern comforts including air-conditioning in all rooms. Orari Boutique Hotel includes a range of guest rooms from cozy to large and spacious.
4 Star, Location
At the hotel each room comes with air conditioning, a desk, a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom, bed linen, towels and a patio with a garden view. Every room has a kettle, while certain rooms include a kitchen with an oven and a stovetop. At The Salisbury business class all rooms have a seating area. Guests at the accommodation can enjoy a continental breakfast.