From: Tuesday, Nov 23rd, 2021
To: Thursday, Dec 23rd, 2021
Charlotte Christmas Village, North Carolina 2021
The Charlotte Christmas village has become a much-beloved tradition in the Queen City and takes place from late November each year in the heart of Uptown Charlotte.
Visitors begin their Charlotte Christmas experience with a walk through Trust Field. From Christmas Tree Lane to the Snowtastic Winter Wonderland, you will be treated to tens of thousands of lights, trees, and displays as you stroll through the ballpark until you arrive at the Christmas Village.
Charlotte’s Christkindlmarkt features kiosks serving Austrian strudels, bratwurst buried under mounds of sauerkraut, and souvenir mugs filled with spicy glühwein. Visitors can also shop for gifts, including local honey and Polish pottery, while enjoying live performances and polka music.
- The Charlotte Christmas Market is at the corner of 7th and North Tryon streets. Gay life in Charlotte is spread across the city and while there is no de-facto gaybourhood, you will find many gay bars and businesses in the NoDa, Plaza Midwood and South End districts.
- Stay at the Dunhill Hotel, close to the market, a beautiful 4 star hotel in a historic building with high end amenities, and a boutique feel.
Christmas Town USA
- McAdenville, a tiny 600-person town located less than 30 minutes west of Charlotte, transforms into Christmas Town, USA. Residents set up more than 500,000 lights creating a citywide display that attracts national attention — it’s been going on for 64 years. From December 1 – December 26.
The Fourth Ward’s most beautifully decorated homes.
- Take a self-guided walking tour through the most beautifully decorated private homes in Charlotte’s quaintest neighbourhood. You’ll find carolers, bell ensembles, and horse-drawn carriage rides, along with tasting stations and free samples at select stops.
Go ice-skating and walk along a light trail at the Whitewater Center.
- The ice skating rink includes 17,000 square feet of ice and an on-ice Airstream trailer serving craft beer, hot chocolate, and coffee. After you finish skating, check out the LIGHTS installation. This isn’t your typical Christmas light display. The half-mile walking trail features otherworldly immersive light installations by Charlotte artist Meredith Connelly. The walking trail is through the forest, and the light installations will be inspired by nature — like giant crystals, cocoons, and mushrooms.
Carowinds Christmas Experience
- Head to Charlotte’s Winterfest at Carowinds. The adventure park has a 70-foot tree, 5 million twinkly lights, live shows, performers, and seasonal shows — plus the usual rides.
Nicknamed the Queen City, Charlotte has a fascinating history and a blooming cultural scene. The gay scene is small but vibrant. NODA is known as Charlotte’s gay area, however you will find plenty of gay-friendly venues sprinkled all around downtown and beyond, from leather daddy joints to sports bars and go-go boys to trendy cocktail venues. The gay community in Charlotte is an example of one of the most integrated in the US.
- Leather lovers should try the Woodshed Bar, an unpretentious gay leather bar offering daily drink specials, diverse theme nights & a patio. The Scorpio is a longtime local favorite dance and show club. Nickel Bar is home to some of the hottest dancers in the Carolinas and Chasers comes a close second! Meanwhile, party every night of the week at Argon, an energetic gay bar & video lounge for cocktails, line dancing, trivia & karaoke nights.
- Sidelines Sports bar is one of the busiest of all the bars in Charlotte and is famous for its post-game celebrations! Who doesnt want to celebrate with some hot jocks.
- Finally if you are looking for some great gay friendly dining options, check out Lupie’s Cafe, The Wine Vault and Popular Tapas Wine and Spirits at the Fourth Ward, offering delicious bites and tapas dishes.
As in all of North Carolina, the bars are membership clubs to comply with NC State ABC law. Members can sponsor guests at the door. Locals are used to this, and often help visitors.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Dallas
Texans are proud to say that everything is bigger in the Lone Star State. One visit to “The Strip,” the center of gay life along Cedar Springs Road, and you will see what we mean. The nightlife venues are gargantuan! Every place has at least one outdoor patio.
Apartments in Charlotte
All of the air-conditioned units feature a private bathroom, living room, flat-screen TV, fully-equipped kitchen and balcony. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and private parking is available on site.
All units here are air-conditioned with a flat-screen TV, a living room, a well-equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, coffee machine & dining area, a bathroom with shower, free WiFi & free private parking
1 & 2 Bedrooms
Boasting a swimming pool, a fitness centre, a garden and views of the city, All units are air-conditioned and feature a flat-screen TV, a living room, a well-equipped kitchen & dining area, a bathroom with shower
Conveniently situated in the centre of Charlotte this apartment features 1 bedroom, a kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine and 1 bathroom, offers a patio, air conditioning. Free WiFi
Video Of Christmas Town
Definitely worth 30 minute trip from Charlotte.
Recommended Hotels in Charlotte
The Ivey’s Hotel
5 Star – Luxury
This luxury boutique hotel is located in Downtown Charlotte and features a continental breakfast in the Library Lounge
Rooms include a 55-inch 4K flat-screen TV, mini bar, and an en suite outfitted entirely white marble. Select rooms include a floating bathtub. Extras include Frette Italian linen and a single-serving Nespresso coffee machine.
4 Star, Style
Set in the heart of Uptown Charlotte, this Kimpton hotel offers crafted cocktails and shareable bar snacks at Merchant & Trade rooftop bar
Rooms and suites boast a flat-screen cable TV, a pillow-top mattress, and a Carrera marble bathroom with Atelier Bloem bath amenities. Kick back with a park view in some Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel suites and 24-hour room service.
4 Star – Great Amenities
Charlotte Marriott City Center is located in the heart of downtown Charlotte. The hotel offers complimentary WiFi in public areas
The air-conditioned rooms of Marriott Charlotte City Center feature modern decor. All rooms feature a flat-screen TV with cable. A coffee maker and small refrigerator are provided. Some rooms offer access to the M Club Lounge.
4 Star – Perfect Location
Ideally placed in the center of Charlotte city centre, this hotel is directly across from the Charlotte Convention Center
The Hilton Charlotte Uptown features spacious guestrooms furnished with the latest technologies, including flat-screen TVs, The hotel is also conveniently connected to the YMCA Health Club, featuring state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.