From: Friday, May 31, 2024
To: Sunday, June 9, 2024
A Capital Pride in a Capital City – Washington Pride 2024
Enjoy 10 days of parties, events and activities in the lead up to a weekend of marches and festivals, both festive and political in nature during Washington’s annual pride event.
- Stay in Dupont Circle in the heart of the gay district. The area fills up fast. Our top choice for Pride is The Ven Hotel with great décor and superb amenities.
- Friday 31st May – Sunday 9th June, 2024 – Amidst the historic monuments and tree-lined avenues of Washington D.C., Capital Pride emerges every year as a brilliant spectacle of love, acceptance, and unity.
- This vibrant celebration of the LGBTQ+ community paints the U.S. capital in rainbows, with a week-long roster of events from dance parties to thought-provoking panel discussions.
- Whether you’re donning a feathered boa or just soaking in the ambiance, Capital Pride promises an unforgettable fusion of activism, celebration, and community spirit in the heart of America’s political landscape. Prepare for a dazzling display of D.C. at its most colorful and inclusive.
- Washington, DC Gay Pride hosts two impressive events including the Capital Pride Parade on Saturday, and the Annual Capital Pride Street Festival the following day.
- Note – Washington DC hosts World Pride in 2025.
- Thursday 6th to Sunday 9th June, 2024 – Washington DC – Kinetic Pride , a weekend of circuit events in the city’s top clubs.
RIOT – Official Opening Party
- Friday, 7th June, 2024 – RIOT, The Capital Pride official Opening Party from 9 pm at Echo stage featuring a line-up of both local, national, and world-famous queer performance artists to represent those who truly make up DC’s crazy-talented inclusive LGBTQ+ community. Kick off your Pride weekend at DC’s largest Pride party and main event.
Washington Pride Parade
- Saturday, 8th June, from 3:00 pm – 7:30 pm – 2024 Route to be confirmed – Use the following as a guide from the previous pride event: The parade begins near Room & Board on 14th Street, with the route to continue along 14th to Rhode Island Avenue and then turn right.
- Awaiting route confirmation – The parade route will continue along Rhode Island Ave. to Massachusetts Avenue for a block until turning right at 17th Street. Marchers will then turn left at P Street and continue past the south side of the Dupont Circle fountain.
- The 2024 Capital Pride Parade will then terminate at 21st and P streets near P Street Beach.
- Stay close to the Hotel Madera just a short walk from the parade. The 4 star hotel is rated “Fabulous” by guests with spacious rooms and modern decor.
Pride Block Party
- Saturday, June 8th, 2024 – The Block Party returns for Capital Pride 2023. Enjoy entertainment, food, and your favorite beverage before, during, and after the Parade.
- The block party takes place on 17th Street NW, between P and R Streets, in what was once the historic Dupont Circle “gayborhood.”
Capital Pride Street Festival
- Sunday, June 9th, 2024 – In the shadows of the U.S. Capitol Building, more than 200,000 people will attend the Capital Pride Street Festival, which takes place at Pennsylvania Ave. NW between 3rd and 7th streets, just northwest of the Capitol grounds.
- Enjoy a full day of entertainment on three stages, food, drink, and advocacy with over 300 exhibitors. The Festival is the largest annual event in the national capital region.
- Stay close to the city’s pride events and top attractions at The Citizen M DC Capitol, rated “Fabulous” by guests with stylish suites offering big picture windows overlooking the Capitol.
Capital Pride Concert
- Sunday, June 9th, 2024 – 12pm – 10pm – Experience entertainment on three stages, from international headliners to our best local and regional LGBTQ+ talent.
- Capitol Stage, 1pm – 8pm
The Capitol Stage sits at the east end of the festival on Pennsylvania Ave. at 3rd St. with the United States Capitol as the backdrop. It will include headlining international entertainers and showcase some of the best LGBTQ+ talent. This stage includes a VIP Zone, Pit Zone, Accessibility Zone, and is located near the Capitol Beverage Garden and Capitol Food Court. Open to all ages.
- Dupont Stage, 12pm – 8pm
The Dupont Dance Stage will highlight some of the best local DJ’s and offer the best escape from the hot sun. This stage is located within the Dupont Beverage Garden. * Must be 21 to enter.
- Monument Stage, 12pm – 7pm
The Monument Festival Stage sits on Constitution Avenue and 6th St. with the Washington Monument as the backdrop. It will include a diverse array of musical talent offerings. This stage is located within the Monument Beverage Garden and Food Court. Open to all ages.
- Stay close to the concert at the Capitol Hill Hotel, a 4 star hotel with spacious rooms a fitness centre and friendly staff.
“Capitol” Sunset Dance Party
- Sunday, June 9th, 2024- 8pm – 10pm – The Concert might be ending but the dancing continues at the “Capitol” Sunset Dance Party.
- Enjoy the electronica sounds of an international DJ sensation while you dance in the middle of America’s Main Street on Pennsylvania Ave., with the sun setting on the U.S. Capitol.
Pride on The Pier
- Saturday, June 8th, 2024 – Don’t miss the annual Pride on the Pier Fireworks Show presented by the Leonard-Litz Foundation during Capital Pride.
Gay Washington DC
All the gay bars and clubs in Washington host different party nights and themed events during the pride festivities. Most are located within walking distance or a short taxi ride from Pennsylvania Avenue.
- Dupont Circle: One of the most traditional gay neighborhoods in the area, Dupont Circle is full of interesting shops, cafes, bookstores, bars, and restaurants all geared toward the LGBTQ community.
- Capitol Hill: Capitol Hill is elegant and informed. Here you can find restaurants, markets, crafts, antiques, and all types of unique entertainment.
- Columbia Heights: Columbia Heights is a predominantly Latino area that welcomes the LGBTQ community with open arms. In the past five years, the area has been revitalized. It is home to as a weekly farmer’s market, some great delis and bakeries, the GALA Hispanic Theater, and Mexican Cultural Institute.
Where to stay for Capital Pride
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Washington DC
The gay bars in Washington are a little spread out most are within walking distance from Dupont Circle and U Street Metro stations, so we have chosen Hotels close Dupont Circle Metro gay bars as they have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Hotels in Washington DC
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Washington DC that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Each room includes a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom where you will find bath robes, free toiletries and a hair dryer. Select rooms offer a seating area. In-room spa services and a yoga mat are also available for guests. You will find a 24-hour front desk and 24-hour fitness centre
4 Star, Readers Choice
Each modern room at the Royal Sonesta Washington DC features a flat-screen TV and plush bedding. Select rooms offer a deep soaking spa bath or a piece of fitness equipment. In-room massage and spa services. A heated pool and sun deck allow guests to relax. The state-of-the-art fitness centre and business centre
The Dupont Circle Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
This hotel is located at the top of Dupont Circle just minutes from the historical landmarks of Washington, D.C. The Dupont Circle Metro station is 120 m away. The rooms at The are furnished with large windows and marble bathrooms. Modern amenities include an iPod docking station, flat-screen TV and free WiFi.
4 Star, Location
Decorated with bright red accents, the modern rooms at Kimpton Banneker Hotel feature a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi access, and a work desk. An en suite bathroom and a minibar are also included. Bar Rouge offers breakfast, dinner, and weekday happy hour specials in a sleek, modern environment. Morning coffee and tea are available
Video Of Washington’s Capital Pride
MARCHING IN WASHINGTON DC PRIDE!
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Washington
Washington, D.C. has a thriving LGBTQ+ community that plays a significant role in the city’s cultural, social, and political life. D.C. hosts a variety of LGBTQ+ cultural events and festivals throughout the year. The Capital Pride Festival and Parade, typically held in June, is one of the city’s most significant gay celebrations, featuring a parade, concerts, and other festivities.
Dupont Circle | Close to the city centre
- Dupont Circle has long been considered the heart of D.C.’s LGBTQ+ community.
- It is home to numerous LGBTQ+-friendly bars, restaurants, and businesses.
- The Dupont Circle Fountain, located in the center of the neighborhood, is a popular gathering spot for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Many of the bars and clubs host special events during the annual Capital Pride Festival in late May.
Adjacent to Dupont Circle, Logan Circle has also become a popular LGBTQ+ neighborhood. It offers a mix of bars, restaurants, & cultural attractions.
U Street Corridor
The U Street Corridor is known for its historic ties to the LGBTQ+ community and its vibrant nightlife scene. With several LGBTQ+ bars and clubs.