From: Thursday, June 8, 2023
To: Sunday, June 11, 2023
Located in the island’s southwestern region. Boquerón is home to one of the most-visited beaches and a popular beachside village featuring themed restaurants, kiosks selling delectable fritters, and a laid-back atmosphere.
Cabo Rojo Pride typically takes place a week after the pride in San Juan. The event is famous for its wild beach-side parties. Cabo Rojo is the most LGBTQ-friendly area in all of Puerto Rico.
Many visitors to the Island celebrate both pride events, jumping right into the weekend-long celebration in Cabo Rojo right after San Juan Pride ends.
- The event is extremely popular while accommodation options are in short supply. Book early to secure the best hotels.
- Cabo Rojo features some of the biggest gay dance parties in the Caribbean, as well as drag shows, and live music acts.
- The event runs over 3 days and features live stage performances and a colourful parade. Awaiting full program.
- Stage shows include performances by Bryan Villarini, Magda, Alex Torres and Desiré Cardoza.
- Located in the island’s southwestern region. Boquerón, Cabo Rojo is home to one of the most-visited beaches in the country. It is a popular village featuring themed restaurants, kiosks selling delectable fritters, and a laid-back atmosphere. This sleepy town transforms into party central during the Gay Pride festivities.
- Cabo Rojo has a variety of small inns, paradores, and several vacation rentals options.
Getting to Cabo Rojo
- A flight to Cabo Rojo takes approximately 40 minutes. Cape Air flies from San Juan to Cabo Rojo 4 times a day. You can reach the area by car from San Juan in a little under two hours.
- The closest airport is the Mayaguez airport (MAZ). This airport is located about 30 minutes from Cabo Rojo.
- La Playuela is an off-the-beaten path gem of a beach, down a long, bumpy path. Drive slow and be patient — it’s worth the trek. Visitors are greeted by crystal-clear, turquoise water, a total sense of calm, and gorgeous views of the Instagrammable Cabo Rojo Lighthouse.
- If you are looking to break away from the party scene and enjoy an authentic Puerto Rican experience, take the hidden gems tour and experience the best of the island.
- Visit Joyuda – the area is known as “The Golden Mile of Good Food” due to its numerous restaurants. Most have dining rooms from which you can watch the sea, the mangroves, Ratones Island, and the lagoon.
Where to stay during Orgullo Boquerón
The following hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the pride festivities and have high review scores:
BOHO Beach Club, Vistas De La Bahia, Combate Beach Resort, Mi Tierra.
Cabo Rojo is where you want to stay
Book now and pay on arrival
BOHO Beach Club is our editors
choice, great pool and stylish rooms.
For further information and advice on
Cabo Rojo Pride visit Facebook
Over 32 gay bars all in the same area, so we have chosen Hotels close to the gay bars that have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner .
All units here are air-conditioned and feature a flat-screen TV, a living room with a sofa, a well-equipped kitchenette with a dining area, and a private bathroom with shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. Sleeps up to 4 Guests
The apartment is equipped with a living room, a flat-screen TV, 2 bedrooms and a to a fully equipped kitchen, a bathroom with shower and a balcony. Free private parking is available at the apartment. Sleeps 6 Guests
The apartment has 2 bedrooms, living room a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a microwave and a fridge, a washing machine, and 2 bathrooms with a shower, features a private pool, a garden and free private parking.
Cozy home ideally located in a quiet and peaceful neighborhood. House is conveniently equipped with two bedrooms, one full bathroom, air conditioner, living-dining room, kitchen equipped with fridge, oven & Wi-Fi
PRIDE, CABO ROJO 2017 (OFFICIAL RECAP)
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking
We have chosen hotels in Cabo Rojo that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Situated in Boqueron, 1.2 km from Boqueron Beach, BOHO Beach Club features accommodation with a restaurant, free private parking and a bar. The 4-star hotel has air-conditioned rooms with a private bathroom and free WiFi. A 24-hour front desk and an ATM for guests. All rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV.equipped with bed linen and towels.
Situated in Boqueron, 1.7 km from Boqueron Beach, Vistas De La Bahia features accommodation with an outdoor swimming pool, free private parking, a garden and barbecue facilities. All rooms boast a flat-screen TV with cable channels and a private bathroom. This pet-friendly hotel offers free WiFi. Rooms include a balcony. Air conditioning and a wardrobe.
Located on the beautiful El Combate Beach inside Cabo Rojo’s National Wildlife Reserve, this hotel features swimming pools for adults and children and free WiFi in all public areas. A 32-inch LED TV with satellite channels can be found in each bright room of the Combate Beach. A dining area and fridge are also included.
Set in Cabo Rojo, 1.2 km from Playa Azul, Mi Tierra offers accommodation with a restaurant, free private parking, a bar and a garden. Featuring family rooms, this property also provides guests with a terrace. The accommodation provides evening entertainment and room service. Guests at the hotel will be able to enjoy activities in and around Cabo Rojo, like cycling.