From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Bilbao in Black 2024
Bilbao in Black is the gay leather and fetish Spring event not to be missed. Every year, mid May, guys from Spain and beyond descend upon Bilbao for a weekend of fun.
- Visiting Bilbao? Stay close to all the bars and the city’s top attractions at the Hotel Tayko Bilbao, rated “Superb” by guests, offering river views in a historic building, circa 1924.
- Leather, rubber, boots, harnesses, sneakers, neoprene – just wear what turns you on and have a good time! Any age, any fetish – meet people with similar interests and enjoy with no fears or taboos.
- Events begin with a social meeting and dinner followed by a boat party on the Bilbao river. Saturday kicks off with a breakfast and tourist tour of Bilbao visiting the stunning Guggenheim Museum and ending with a fetish lunch!
- Parties continue late into the night with the official night party followed by the group photo shoot. Sunday, the final day ends with a farewell brunch.
- Bilbao is a modern metropolitan city and has a vibrant gay scene. The majority of Bilbao’s gay venues are located within close proximity to each other in the areas known as Casco Viejo and Bilbao La Vieja or the San Francisco quarter (above the street San Frantzisko Kalea).
- The old town is full of bars and clubs. Saunas are a little bit further west. Bilbao is a very tolerant city and gay tourists receive a warm welcome.
- Bilbao is home to two busy Saunas, Sauna Ego, open from Thursday to Sunday and Sauna Element, open daily.
- Weekends in Bilbao are very gay and very busy as it is the epicentre for gay life in the entire northwest of Spain.
Where to stay?
The following hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Gay Map of Bilbao
The gay scene centers around the Casco Viejo near the historic “seven streets” of the old city center, and the area between the river and San Frantzisko Kalea (Calle de San Francisco). All points area easily walkable, one from another.
Recommended Hotels in Bilbao By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Bilbao that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Hotel Meliá Bilbao
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-star luxury, heated outdoor pool, award-winning restaurant.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Luxurious rooms, flat-screen TV.
- Perfect for art enthusiasts, close to the Guggenheim Museum, with elegant design inspired by Eduardo Chillida.
Villa de Bilbao
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-star, near San Mamés Stadium and Euskalduna Palace.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Free Wi-Fi, fitness center access.
- Ideal for sports and culture lovers, conveniently located near museums and entertainment venues.
Hotel Conde Duque
3 Star, Great Value
- 3-star, offering smart TVs, and central heating.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Coffee maker, free toiletries.
- Combining value and modernity, offers a local cuisine restaurant and is perfect for a comfortable and convenient stay.
Petit Palace Arana
3 Star, Location
- 3-star, 19th-century building, chic design.
- Close to the gay district.
- Air conditioning, minibar, flat-screen TV.
- Nestled in a historic building, this hotel provides a unique blend of old-world charm, ideal for exploring Bilbao’s heart.