From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Bilbao Gay Pride 2024
Gay Pride Bilbao, also known as Bilbao Bizkaia Pride, takes place in June each year and is billed as a socio-cultural festival that advocates for LGBT visibility and for diversity.
- Visiting Bilbao? Stay close to Bilbao’s gay venues, located within close proximity to each other in the areas known as Casco Viejo and Bilbao La Vieja.
- The pride is centred around Bilbao Pride Stage (Arenal) with shows and acts taking place nightly from 8pm.
- Other events include the Football Championship for diversity in sports (men’s and women’s), a family day and a Brunch for diversity in the Gastronomic Route.
- The Basque region’s message is positive, inclusive and welcoming: “everyone can join us because, no matter who or what, love always wins!”
Bilbao Pride Parade
- The highlight of Bilbao Pride is the parade itself, which is not a traditional parade, but rather a flotilla!
- Route and time to be confirmed – On the Saturday of the event at 17:30 boats leave from the estuary of Bilbao (departure: Pio Baroja) and continue along the river.
- Parties take place on all the boats and they are decorated with bright rainbow colours for all of Bilbao to see!
- Stay close to all the pride celebrations at the NYX Hotel Bilbao, rated “Fabulous” with modern rooms and the perfect location between the old and new town.
- The bars and clubs of Bilbao will also host parties and events. Bilbao’s compact and highly local gay scene itself, is centred around the Old Town and the aptly-named San Francisco district just across the river and wrapped around the main train station.
- By no means everyone will speak English – or Spanish. Hub of northern Spain’s staunchly independent Basque region, Bilbao was a gay Mecca long before the Guggenheim Museum opened its doors
Where to stay in Bilbao
The following hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Gay Map of Bilbao
The gay scene centers around the Casco Viejo near the historic “seven streets” of the old city center, and the area between the river and San Frantzisko Kalea (Calle de San Francisco). All points area easily walkable, one from another.
Recommended Hotels in Bilbao By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Bilbao that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Hotel Meliá Bilbao
5 Star, Luxury
The Meliá Bilbao is set 300 m from the Guggenheim Museum and features design inspired by sculptor Eduardo Chillida. It offers a heated outdoor swimming pool, award-winning restaurant and a gym. Each luxurious room at the Bilbao has flat-screen TV and a pillow menu. Bathrooms have stylish marble floors with their own adjustable heating system.
Villa de Bilbao
4 Star, Readers Choice
This modern hotel is in the heart of Bilbao, by the San Mamés Football Stadium and the Euskalduna Palace. It offers free Wi-Fi, and guests can enjoy free access to a fitness centre. A short walk from the Guggenheim Museum, Doña Casilda Park and the Fine Arts Museum. Many tapas bars and shops are found nearby, including the Zubiarte Shopping Centre.
Hotel Conde Duque
3 Star, Great Value
The modern rooms feature a Smart TV with screen mirroring and central heating and air conditioning. A coffee maker is available upon request. The private bathroom comes with free toiletries, magnifying mirror, bath or shower, and hairdryer. A breakfast buffet is available daily. The restaurant Campo Volatín offers local dishes for lunch and dinner.
Petit Palace Arana
3 Star, Location
Set in an impressive 19th-century building, this modern hotel is situated 200 m from the Santiago Cathedral in Bilbao. Featuring a chic design, the rooms at Arana Bilbao come with air conditioning and a minibar. and flat-screen TV. Some rooms also have a balcony. The private bathroom includes a hydromassage shower. Free WiFi is provided.
Video Of Bilbao Gay Pride
Bilbao Pride 2017 – long version