From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Big Gay Day 2024
The Big Gay Day in Brisbane is the biggest LGBT street festival in Queensland and takes place each year during Australia’s Labor Day weekend.
- Stay close to the host venue, The Wickham, in Fortitude Valley, home to one of the city’s bustling gay districts.
- Featuring musical acts, drag extravaganzas and so much more rainbow love all in support of local LGBTQIA+ charities.
- Established in 2000 as a celebration of the gay community and a way to raise vital funds for charities, Big Gay Day has evolved to one of Brisbane’s biggest street parties.
- The event now closes down an inner city street to drop in an epic main stage, Big Gay Day brings an incredible lineup of local, national & international gay entertainers to Brisbane.
- A series of pre and after parties take place across the city during the weekend.A VIP area, presented will give you access to meet and greets with some of the acts, complimentary drink on arrival, gourmet BBQ and prime viewing from an elevated side of the stage.
- Enjoy a unique experience at the Ovolo Hotel, rated “Superb” by guests and featuring exquisite decor, a stunning rooftop pool and high end room amenities.
The Lineup for 2024
- From popstars to drag queens, Big Gay Day will be the ultimate rainbow celebration.
- Awaiting lineup.
- More than 3,000 people attend the street festival. At the epicentre of the event is the Wickham, one of Brisbane’s most iconic venues.
- The hotel has proudly supported the gay community sinces the 1970s and is proud to be the home of Big Gay Day, Brisbane’s largest gay festival. 25 per cent of the event’s profits go to community charities.
Brisbane has plenty of gay inclusive venues, attractions and events to ensure you enjoy your stay.
- Kick your night off in Brisbane with a drink at The Sportsman Hotel. Sporties is the city’s only completely gay-owned and -operated bar and nightclub, serving the gay community for over 30 years.
- When it comes to getting down, the Valley is Brisbane’s partying hotspot. No LGBT travel guide to Brisbane . Visit The Beat Megaclub: a multi-floored gay club that thumps under the credo of ‘Party 365’, so it’s open every night of the week.
- The local drag scene comes alive on Sunday nights. Come along to Fluffy at Cloudland to see a full suite of Brisbane’s emerging and established drag artists.
- For grooving without the club remix, it’s all about Black Bear Lodge. Even though it’s located upstairs, it’s still considered the Brunswick Mall’s resident dive bar.
Where to stay in Brisbane
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Brisbane
Recommended Hotels in Brisbane By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Brisbane that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Crystalbrook Vincent has a restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and bar in Brisbane. Among the facilities at this property are a 24-hour front desk and room service, along with free WiFi throughout the property. Private parking can be arranged at an extra charge. Rooms offer a desk and a TV. a wardrobe and a coffee machine.
Hotel Grand Chancellor
4.5 Star, Readers Choice
This 4.5-star hotel in the centre of Brisbane features a restaurant and bar with city views, rooftop swimming pool and fitness room, plus spacious rooms with LCD TV and private balcony. Each room at Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane features a minibar and a work desk with wireless internet access. Most rooms have panoramic views of the Roma Street Parklands or the city.
5 Star, Great Value
Just 100 m from the Brisbane River, Meriton Suites offer modern self-contained accommodation with a flat-screen TV and a DVD player on request. Free WiFi at the property. Located in Brisbane’s CBD (Central Business District), Herschel Street are 5 minutes’ walk from Roma Street Train Station, and 1 km from Brisbane Private Hospital.
5 Star, Location
Located opposite Queen Street Mall in Brisbane’s CBD the Hyatt Regency Brisbane boasts a restaurant, a fitness centre and a rooftop swimming pool with a pool-side bar. All rooms offer city views and free WiFi. Each air-conditioned room features a desk and a 48-inch flat-screen TV with free satellite channels and free movies. Rooms include an espresso coffee machine with free coffee.
Big Gay Day