From: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
To: Sunday, October 1, 2023
Belgium Bear Pride Brussels 2023
September in Brussels is time for one last Bear party before hibearnation! Formerly known as Mr Bear Belgium, the event has grown with several events and parties and now spans an entire weekend and has been renamed as Belgium Bear Pride.
- Stay close to the gay district in Quartier Saint-Jacques. The Pillows City Hotel Brussels centre is rated “Suburb” by guests with beautifully designed rooms and is located in the centre of Brussels.
The Bear Pride
- One of the biggest events in the Bear calendar, the weekend of events includes a number of disco and club nights, brunches, a guided tour of the city and of course the ‘pageant’ itself, where Mr Bear is crowned. Venues Vary, but the annual Splash sauna party in the city is also one of the hottest tickets in town!
- Saturday – Bearpride Walk Parade. Pre drinks at La Reserve from 2 pm, followed by the parade – 3 pm to 4 pm – leaving from Place de la Bourse.
- Route – Beursplein – Rue de midi – Zuidstraat – Rue marché au charbon – Kolenmarkt – Baroque Stammbar, ending at the Bearstreet – Bearmarket.
- Details to be confirmed. Use the previous year program as a guide:
- Wed- Disco Bear – Boogie Down to Disco Beats @ Stammbar frp, 9 pm
- Thurs – Charity Dinner with Bears of Poland – Café Charbon Bruxelles from 7 pm
- Fri – Bears Pub Crawl from 5 pm – Meet up with the Mr Bear Belgium candidates at La Réserve at 5 pm next the group will proceed towards Le Baroque and Stammbar.
- Sat – Bear Street – 12 pm to 6 pm- Bear Market and more along Rue du Marché au Charbon.
- Sat – Main Party and Mr Bear Belgium Election Night from 8 pm to 3 am at the Vaudeville Theatre.
- Sun – Bear Splash – Bears in the Oasis Sauna – Warm yourself in the hammam, steam room or relax in the jacuzzi.
- Sun – Closing Streetparty – The Street Girls – 7 pm to 10 pm and the election of Miss Bear Belgium.
- The Vaudeville Theatre – Elegant Theater, opened in 1884, with an ornate painted ceiling, close to the Grand Palace, in the middle of the magnificent ‘Galerie de la Reine’ Arcade.
- Oasis Sauna – Oasis Sauna is a spa hammam, swimming pool, sauna, only for men at Brussels, located 10 minutes northeast of city centre.
- Stammbar – Daytime bar and a cruising spot, Stammbar hosts exhibitions and themed nights for leather, fetish and bears fans. in addition to music shows.
- La Réserve – The oldest gay bar in Brussels with a cosy and traditional feel, 2-minutes walk from the Grand Place
- Le Baroque – Small bar at the centre of Brussels’ gay street, popular with bears, friends and admirers, with crowds spilling outside the bar during weekends and special events.
- Café Charbon – Cafe, wine bar and bistro on Rue du Marché au Charbon, just steps from the Grand Palace. Great burgers!
- Stay close to the Mr Bear Elections at the Hotel des Galeries, a “Fabulous” rated 4-star hotel with stylish and unique rooms in a superb location.
Trending Hotels in Brussels
The following Brussels Hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the city’s top attractions:
Check out gay guide to Brussels for insider tips on where to party, dine and shop!
Gay Map of Brussels
Most of the gay bars in Brussels are located in the city centre around the streets Rue du Marché au Charbon. We have found good hotels close to the gay area keeping you in the middle of all the fun.
However if you are in Brussels for any length of time, you may want to rent a car.
Recommended Hotels in Brussels By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Brussels that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Rocco Forte Hotel
5 Star, Luxury
The 5-star Hotel Amigo boasts elegant rooms with designer features, on the corner of Grand Place. It combines modern facilities, a gym and an award-winning restaurant with a picturesque historic setting. Flat-screen TV, a work desk and a minibar Each air-conditioned room has a seating area and a luxurious bathroom with mosaic details.
5 Star, Readers Choice
This luxurious hotel in the heart of Brussels is a 2-minute walk from the Grand-Place and Brussels Central Station. It features free access to the fitness centre and sauna. A brand newly installed air conditioning system, Rooms with a flat-screen TV, free internet and a marble bathroom. Guests can enjoy an American buffet breakfast every morning
Brussels Marriott Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Set within a 5-minute walk from Grand Place and Manneken Pis, and a 10-minute walk from Brussels Central Train Station, Brussels Marriott Hotel offers air-conditioned rooms and a fitness centre. There is an open-kitchen restaurant and private parking facilities are available. Rooms are equipped with satellite TV, coffee and tea making facilities
4 Star, Location
The Dominican is a 4-star hotel located in the centre of Brussels, just a 5-minute walk from the Maison Grand Place. It offers spacious accommodation with free WiFi. Guests can benefit from a number of wellness facilities, such as a sauna and a fitness centre, both available free of charge. 100 m from the popular shopping street Rue des Bouchers.
Video Of Belgium Bear Pride Brussels
The election of Mr. Bear Belgium 2015!
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Brussels
Brussels, the capital of Belgium and a hub for European institutions, has a thriving LGBTQ+ community and is known for being an inclusive and LGBTQ+-friendly city.
Saint-Jacques| Often referred to as the gay village
- This area, often referred to as the “gay village” of Brussels, is located near the Grand Place.
- It’s known for its concentration of LGBTQ+-friendly bars, clubs, and venues.
- Rue du Marché au Charbon/Kolenmarktstraat is a street within this area that is particularly known for its gay bars and nightlife.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Brussels
Rue du Lombard
Home to several LGBTQ+-friendly establishments, including bars, cafes, and clubs. It’s known for its lively.
The heart of Brussels with its stunning architecture, often the hub of events, festivals, and markets.