From: Thursday, April 25, 2024
To: Wednesday, May 1, 2024
Bears Week – The Early Edition in Sitges, Barcelona 2024
April/May Bank holiday sees the small beach town of Sitges playing host to the international bears week, with thousands of bears, cubs and their admirers arriving from all over Europe for what is now considered the start of the Summer Season.
- Visiting Sitges for this event? As it takes place over a holiday weekend, you should book your hotel now! With just 15,000 hotel rooms, the Village can fill up fast. Fortunately it has over 300 different apartments available for groups.
Bears Week May Edition
- This is the first of two bear’s weeks held in Sitges, the second of which takes place in September.
- Both events see the bars and beaches and streets packed full of guys, ready for a good time.
What is the difference between the May & September Edition
- Party runs from Friday 26th of April to Wednesday the 1st of May (which is a bank holiday in Spain).- We recommend you arrive on Thursday!
- The May Edition is considered the “little Cub” to the “Big Bear” event in September. Having said that, the event has grown in popularity over the past 5 years.
- Unlike the September event, there is no purpose-built Bear Village in the seafront. This is the main difference. Also, while the September edition attracts over 6,000 visitors, the May edition is smaller. (2,000 Visitors Approx)
- The bars and beaches are still busy, but the pace is a little more relaxed and it is easier to get a table at your favourite restaurant and a spot on your favourite beach. Those seeking a more intimate event will be well rewarded with better service and lower hotel prices.
- At Night, the “Bear Alley”, is just as packed as September, if not more so, given that there is no Bear Village on the seafront, so all the bears and boys are together from early evening. The streets get busy from 5pm with Happy Hour at El Horno Bar and by 9pm, Calle Joan Tarrida is full!
- During the day, Balmins, “the bear beach” is open and busy. Given that it is a Bank Holiday Weekend, expect lots of Barcelona Bear Weekenders!
- Full schedule to be confirmed. Typically each night there is a Bear Route from 9 pm – Bear´s Bar – XXL Disco Bar – MAN Bar – Soho Bar – Runway Terrace – Parrots Terrace Pub
- Other events include the daily afternoon Sauna Sitges bears parties from 4 pm.
- Highlights include the Saturday afternoon Popair BBQ in Le Patio, an open air day party with sexy bears, great food, Djs, surprise acts and fun atmosphere, right on bear alley at Le Patio outdoor Terrace.
- Another popular event is the Sunday Underbear afternoon at Bears Bar from 6 pm.
- XXL and Soho Bar also host official events.
Where to stay in Sitges?
The following hotels are especially popular:
- Platjador hotel – Seafront hotel with large rooms, sea views with a pool and sundeck. Located 1 min from bear alley.
- The Calipolis hotel – 4 Star hotel with wraparound balconies and great service. Located 2 min from bear alley.
- Parrots Hotel – Located “on bear alley”, gay hotel and part of the Parrots Group. Sells out fast.
- Hotel MiM – The hotel of famous footballer Messi, with large rooms, a great sky bar and excellent spa and gym.
Popular Bars during Bears Week
- Bears Bar – With a fun “bearlcony” with views of Bear Alley, Bears Bar is always worth a visit. Dark room with sling, friendly guys and campy pop music.
- La Villa – One of the town’s most stylish bars with a beautiful garden terrace. Sexy waiters and great cocktails.
- El Horno – Home to the bear happy hour and one of the oldest gay bars in Sitges.
- Man Bar/XXl – now part-owned by Parrots Group; over the past year the bar has extended the outdoor terrace. XXL has a busy upstairs cruising zone, but watch your pockets.
Gay Map of Sitges
Most of Sitges gay bars are located in the centre of the village just seconds from the beach, on C.Bonaire, Joan Tarrida and Plz Industria. Most hotels are within 5 minutes walk of the centre.
Recommended Hotels in Sitges By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Sitges that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Dolce by Wyndham
5 Star, Luxury
- 5 Star hotel with 4 heated pools.
- 7-minute drive to the gay bars.
- Rooms & Suites
- Perfect for a total escape and pampering, but still close to Sitges nightlife.
Hotel MiM Sitges
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4 Star Hotel with rooftop pool.
- 1-minute walk to the gay bars.
- High end amenities in rooms.
- Most popular hotel in the centre of Sitges, with luxurious spa and two pools.
3 Star, Great Value
- 3 Star Hotel with seafront location.
- Steps from the gay bars.
- Highly rated breakfasts.
- Always a popular choice with a beautiful rooftop bar offering beach views and pre-dinner cocktails.
3 Star, Location
- 3 Star Hotel in the centre of Sitges.
- 2-minute walk to the gay bars.
- Crisp, modern decor.
- Great location in the heart of Sitges with a large sun deck and epic outdoor pool.
Video Of Bears Week Sitges
Sitges Bear Week
Recommended Villas in Sitges
Sitges is the perfect destination for a celebration, or for entertaining a large group of friends during key events including Carnival, Bears Week, Pride or one of the other many festivals taking place throughout the year.
- 400 sq/m featuring 6 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Outdoor Pool
- 5 Mins drive from the gay bars, 600m from Balmins Gay Beach.
- 300 sq/m featuring 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Outdoor Pool
- 4 Mins drive from the gay bars, 2.5km to the gay beach.
- 425 sq/m featuring 6 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Two private pools
- 5 Mins drive from the gay bars, 900m from Balmins Gay Beach
Casita Del Mar
- 480 sq/m featuring 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- In the centre of Sitges.
- 1 Min walk to the gay bars and steps from the beaches.