From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Bearracuda Atlanta 2023
Join the hottest bears at the Bearracuda circuit event, one of the furriest feasts in Atlanta.
- Stay close to downtown’s top attractions at The Glenn Hotel Autograph Collection, rated “Fabulous” by guests, featuring spacious rooms and a rooftop Sky Lounge, providing spectacular views of the city skyline.
- Next Edition – Awaiting date for the next edition.
- Bearracuda is one of Atlanta’s bear events, held several times a year. (Dates Vary)
- The Atlanta edition features guest Djs and the hottest, beefiest bear Gogos at the Heretic.
- The party kicks off at 10 pm and ends at 3 am.
- Clothes Check available.
- Heretic is one of Atlanta’s old-school landmarks amongst gay bars and is still one of Midtown’s most beloved places to party. The bartenders are friendly, and the crowds are attractive. The DJs and shows are top-notch.
- Heretic is on 2069 Cheshire Bridge Rd NE. Book your stay close to Piedmont park Alternatively, stay downtown close to all the city’s major attractions and take a 10-minute rideshare to the party.
- Awaiting dates – Bearracuda host a special Bear Pride Edition in April.
- Midtown is the home of the best of Gay Atlanta. The area went from being a dilapidated slum in the ’70s and ’80s to becoming the city’s top gay neighbourhood.
- From those roots, today, it stands as arguably the premier neighbourhood in all of Atlanta, with sky-rise condos and office towers, miles of chic places to shop and eat, and an unrivaled nightlife scene. And we haven’t even gotten to Piedmont Park, which hosts every major festival Atlanta offers, including the Atlanta Pride Festival, Music Midtown, and the Atlanta Dogwood Festival.
- The park recently underwent a breathtaking expansion, with serene trails alongside the Atlanta Botanical Garden and connecting with the BeltLine.
Popular Gay Bars
Atlanta has more than 20 different bars and clubs. Here are our top choices for a Winter escape:
- Woofs Sports Bar – Atlanta’s only gay sports bar and a long time supporter of many events in the city.
- Las Margaritas – Once the weekend rolls around, Las Margaritas transforms into a can’t-miss hot spot for Friday night Flamenco, Saturday night Salsa, and their Sunday morning “Rehab” brunch buffet.
- Joe’s On Juniper – Joe’s dog-friendly patio as well as its dining room are a popular dinner stop before heading out to Midtown’s other gay bars, most of which are just a short walk away.
- Blake’s On The Park – The flagship bar of Atlanta’s gay scene, Blake’s on the Park has been quenching Atlanta’s thirst since 1988
Here are the hotels we recommend with good reviews, close to all the action:
Map of Gay Atlanta
The Atlanta gay population lives, works and plays all over the city and even into the suburbs. Midtown has several of the city’s most popular gay bars like Blake’s, Burkhart’s Pub, Bulldogs and Swinging Richards. The Atlanta LBGT populace is also partially responsible for the resurgence of Grant Park in the 1980s. The historic neighborhood was falling into ruins when members of the community started scooping up properties, renovating and restoring them to their original glory. This fever pitch trickled over into the neighborhoods of East Atlanta, Ormewood Park and the Old Fourth Ward. These are all eclectic, funky and tolerant neighborhoods, like most of Atlanta.
Recommended Hotels in Atlanta By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partners Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Atlanta that keep you close to all the Action, shops, restaurants & bars
5 Star, Readers Choice
- 5 Star, Luxurious, downtown location, elegant rooms.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Elegant rooms with feather beds.
- Stay for luxury in the heart of Atlanta, with upscale amenities & convenient downtown access.
4 Star, Charming B&B
- 4 Star, Historic, gourmet breakfast, cozy atmosphere.
- Close to the gay district.
- Flat-screen TV, iPod station.
- Ideal for a charming, intimate experience with gourmet breakfast & historic ambiance.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4 Star, Boutique hotel, rooftop bar, city views.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Spacious rooms, 37-inch TV.
- Offers great value with a stylish rooftop bar & modern rooms in a vibrant neighborhood.
The Glenn Hotel
3 Star, Great Location
- 3 Star, Modern, city skyline views, rooftop lounge.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Spacious rooms, iPod docking.
- Perfect for experiencing Atlanta’s skyline from a rooftop lounge, with modern amenities, central location.
Video: Guide to Atlanta
Discover the best things to see and do in Atlanta
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Atlanta
Atlanta has a vibrant and inclusive LGBTQ+ community, and it’s often considered one of the most LGBTQ+-friendly cities in the United States. The city was home to some early LGBTQ+ activist organizations, and it played a significant part in the fight for LGBTQ+ rights.
Midtown | The heart of the city’s gay community
- Midtown Atlanta is often considered the heart of the city’s gay community.
- It’s home to many gay bars, clubs, and businesses, including the famous Atlanta Pride Festival.
- The intersection of 10th Street and Piedmont Avenue is often referred to as the epicenter of gay life in Atlanta.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Atlanta
This eclectic neighborhood is known for its welcoming atmosphere & diverse community. Home to several gay-friendly bars, restaurants, & shops.
Downtown Atlanta offers a variety of shopping options for both residents & visitors. With upscale boutiques, unique stores and famous attractions.