From: Friday, Jun 3rd, 2022
To: Sunday, Jun 5th, 2022
Awesome Con Washington DC’s Comic Con 2021
Awesome Con is D.C.’s own Comic Con, a celebration of geek culture, bringing more than 70,000 fans together with their favorite stars from across comics, movies, television, toys, games, and more.
Fans can meet top entertainers like Adam Savage, George Takei, William Shatner, Sean Astin, Christina Ricci, and more! Other highlights include hours of geeky programming, vendors and artists galore. The event will run from, Fri: 12 PM – 8 PM, Sat: 10 AM – 7 PM, Sun: 10 AM – 5 PM.
Awesome Con is one of the most inclusive of all the comic conventions and includes:
Pride Alley at Awesome Con
- A spotlight on queer creators and fans, Pride Alley will unite the LGBTQ activities around Awesome Con through a dedicated section of Artist Alley and three days of panels and special events.
- Pride Alley will feature a diverse and growing organization that rallies, empowers, and promotes the queer geek community. Geeks OUT is behind the awesome LGBTQ convention Flame Con, a two-day comic, art, and entertainment expo showcasing creators and celebrities from all corners of LGBTQ fandom. Flame Con’s been held in NYC since 2015 and invites geeks of all types to celebrate the diversity and creativity of queer geekdom and LGBTQ contributions to pop culture.
Other popular events include:
- Science Fair, an area of Awesome Con exploring where science and science fiction meet!
- Book Fair, THE area of Awesome Con for passionate book dragons, dewy-eyed indie authors, casual readers, and lit lovers of all ages!
- Awesome Con Jr, an all-ages destination for the next generation of fans
- Destination Cosplay, an area of Awesome Con for cosplay fanatics with photo opportunities, Cosplay Meetups, and much much more!
- The Walter E. Washington Convention Center is located between 7th and 9th Streets and N Street and Mt. Vernon Place in downtown DC, right across from Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon Square.
- Stay at the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown is just a 5 min walk to the convention center, has large comfortable rooms and great amenities.
- The closest metro stop to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center is the Mt Vernon Sq/7th St-Convention Center stop on the Yellow/Green Line.
- Weekend Metro Hours: Friday: 5 AM – 1 AM , Saturday: 7 AM – 1 AM, Sunday: 8 AM – 11 PM
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Washington DC
The gay bars in Washington are a little spread out most are within walking distance from Dupont Circle and U Street Metro stations, so we have chosen Hotels close Dupont Circle Metro gay bars as they have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Apartments in Washington
Mrs. Rosa Parks
The holiday home has 7 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 5 bathrooms with a bidet. features accommodation with a private pool, free WiFi
Studio, 1 & 2 Bedrooms
Executive apartments features accommodation with free WiFi and a terrace. The units are fitted with air-conditioned bedrooms and a kitchen with a dishwasher, microwave and fridge. An oven and coffee machine are also offered.
The air conditioned apartments offer a bedroom, 1 bathroom bath or shower, a living room with flat screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with fridge, oven and microwave and a washer and dryer, Apartments offer WiFi available in all areas and is free of charge.
The apartment features 1 bedroom, a living room with a flat screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a shower. WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Video Of the best of Awesome Con
Don’t miss Awesome Con 2019! April 26-28 in Washington DC.
Recommended Hotels in Washington DC.
The busy gay scenes in Washington DC can be found on 17th Street, H Street, in Adams Morgan, Shaw, Dupont Circle, NoMa, and Navy Yards. All are within a short taxi ride from eachother.
Mason & Rook
5 Star, Luxury Option
Featuring free WiFi, Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel offers pet-friendly accommodation in Washington, 4 minutes’ walk from Logan Circle. Private parking is available on site.
4 Star, Great Location
This Washington, D.C. hotel is located less than 5 minutes’ walk from Dupont Circle and boasts an on-site restaurant and wine bar. The White House is 1.6 km away.
4 Star, Readers Choice
This hotel is located at the top of Dupont Circle just minutes from the historical landmarks of Washington, D.C. The Dupont Circle Metro station is 120 m away.
3 Star, Boutique Hotel
Decorated with bright red accents, the modern rooms at Kimpton Rouge Hotel feature a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi access, and a work desk. Dupont Circle is 8 minutes’ walk.