From: Friday, March 8, 2024
To: Sunday, March 10, 2024
Awesome Con Washington DC’s Comic Con 2024
Awesome Con is D.C.’s own Comic Con, a celebration of geek culture, bringing more than 70,000 fans together with their favorite stars from across comics, movies, television, toys, games, and more.
- Stay at the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown is just a 5 min walk to the convention center, has large comfortable rooms and great amenities.
- Fans can meet top entertainers like Adam Savage, George Takei, William Shatner, Sean Astin, Christina Ricci, and more!
- Other highlights include hours of geeky programming, vendors and artists galore.
- The event will run from, Fri: 12 PM – 8 PM, Sat: 10 AM – 7 PM, Sun: 10 AM – 5 PM.
- Awesome Con is one of the most inclusive of all the comic conventions and includes:
Pride Alley at Awesome Con
- A spotlight on queer creators and fans, Pride Alley will unite the LGBTQ activities around Awesome Con through a dedicated section of Artist Alley and three days of panels and special events.
- Pride Alley will feature a diverse and growing organization that rallies, empowers, and promotes the queer geek community. Geeks OUT is behind the awesome LGBTQ convention Flame Con, a two-day comic, art, and entertainment expo showcasing creators and celebrities from all corners of LGBTQ fandom. Flame Con’s been held in NYC since 2015 and invites geeks of all types to celebrate the diversity and creativity of queer geekdom and LGBTQ contributions to pop culture.
Other popular events include:
- Science Fair, an area of Awesome Con exploring where science and science fiction meet!
- Book Fair, THE area of Awesome Con for passionate book dragons, dewy-eyed indie authors, casual readers, and lit lovers of all ages!
- Awesome Con Jr, an all-ages destination for the next generation of fans
- Destination Cosplay, an area of Awesome Con for cosplay fanatics with photo opportunities, Cosplay Meetups, and much much more!
- The Walter E. Washington Convention Center is located between 7th and 9th Streets and N Street and Mt. Vernon Place in downtown DC, right across from Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon Square.
- Check out the top 10 hotels closest to the convention centre.
- The closest metro stop to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center is the Mt Vernon Sq/7th St-Convention Center stop on the Yellow/Green Line.
- Weekend Metro Hours: Friday: 5 AM – 1 AM , Saturday: 7 AM – 1 AM, Sunday: 8 AM – 11 PM
Recommended Hotels in DC
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Washington DC
The gay bars in Washington are a little spread out most are within walking distance from Dupont Circle and U Street Metro stations, so we have chosen Hotels close Dupont Circle Metro gay bars as they have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Hotels in Washington DC
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Washington DC that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Each room includes a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom where you will find bath robes, free toiletries and a hair dryer. Select rooms offer a seating area. In-room spa services and a yoga mat are also available for guests. You will find a 24-hour front desk and 24-hour fitness centre
4 Star, Readers Choice
Each modern room at the Royal Sonesta Washington DC features a flat-screen TV and plush bedding. Select rooms offer a deep soaking spa bath or a piece of fitness equipment. In-room massage and spa services. A heated pool and sun deck allow guests to relax. The state-of-the-art fitness centre and business centre
The Dupont Circle Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
This hotel is located at the top of Dupont Circle just minutes from the historical landmarks of Washington, D.C. The Dupont Circle Metro station is 120 m away. The rooms at The are furnished with large windows and marble bathrooms. Modern amenities include an iPod docking station, flat-screen TV and free WiFi.
4 Star, Location
Decorated with bright red accents, the modern rooms at Kimpton Banneker Hotel feature a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi access, and a work desk. An en suite bathroom and a minibar are also included. Bar Rouge offers breakfast, dinner, and weekday happy hour specials in a sleek, modern environment. Morning coffee and tea are available
Video Of the best of Awesome Con
Don’t miss Awesome Con 2019! April 26-28 in Washington DC.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Washington
Washington, D.C. has a thriving LGBTQ+ community that plays a significant role in the city’s cultural, social, and political life. D.C. hosts a variety of LGBTQ+ cultural events and festivals throughout the year. The Capital Pride Festival and Parade, typically held in June, is one of the city’s most significant gay celebrations, featuring a parade, concerts, and other festivities.
Dupont Circle | Close to the city centre
- Dupont Circle has long been considered the heart of D.C.’s LGBTQ+ community.
- It is home to numerous LGBTQ+-friendly bars, restaurants, and businesses.
- The Dupont Circle Fountain, located in the center of the neighborhood, is a popular gathering spot for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Many of the bars and clubs host special events during the annual Capital Pride Festival in late May.
Adjacent to Dupont Circle, Logan Circle has also become a popular LGBTQ+ neighborhood. It offers a mix of bars, restaurants, & cultural attractions.
U Street Corridor
The U Street Corridor is known for its historic ties to the LGBTQ+ community and its vibrant nightlife scene. With several LGBTQ+ bars and clubs.