From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Austin Gay Pride 2022
2021 Update – Last Minute Update – The Main Parade and the After Party/Street Festival have been postponed. The other parties are taking place.
Austin Gay Pride week takes place each year in August and hosts a week long series of events and parties culminating in a major Parade on the Saturday of Pride week! The city fills up fast so book your hotel early. We recommend you stay in the downtown district.
Big Gay Brunch / Cabaret
2pm to 2am – The Venue – Aug 7th
- The Venue hosts a 12 hour “Big Gay Brunch” party from 2pm to 2am on the 7th of August. This multi-level open air space with an incredible skyline view, is conveniently located on the bustling intersection of Red River and Historic 6th Street in downtown Austin. The Venue will be transformed into a price party zone to remember with drag acts, live shows and guest performances. Event Details
- Stay close to this venue at The Hotel Indigo, a great design hotel located just a short walk from The Venue.
Austin Pride Parade
- Sat August 14th 2021. The Pride Parade keeps getting bigger and better with last year’s event drawing record numbers of parade participants and spectators to the streets of downtown Austin! Over 120+ entries, floats, special live performances & more!
- The parade kicks off at 8pm. The parade usually kicks off at the Texas State Capitol, marching down Congress Avenue and culminating at Fourth Street/Bettie Naylor Street (names for longtime Austin LGBT advocate and lobbyist).
- After the parade, stick around for after parties at nearby bars on Fourth Street and throughout the city. Parking may be limited, so plan an alternate route with CapMetro or rideshare options for your weekend of celebrations.
Austin Pride Festival
- The Austin Pride festival features two emcee stages, one on Congress Ave. at the Paramount/Stephen F. Austin and one on the rooftop of Rain on 4th. The festival takes place on the Friday and Saturday of the weekend.
- Austin Pride Festival features an amazing lineup of musical artists and pop culture icons!
- It also includes photo booths, drinks, food, and over 140 vendor booths featuring non-profits & products from local businesses supporting the LGBTQ community.
Austin Pride Circuit & Pool Parties
- Thurs Aug 12th – The Kimpton Hotel hosts a rooftop party, Thursgays with proceeds going to LGBT causes.
- Thurs Aug 12th – Oil Can Harry’s hosts The RAW Austin Pride Party, the entire bar is being converted into the Dark Bar
- Fri 13th and Sat 15th The W Hotel hosts the Megawoof and Submerge Austin Pride pool parties.
- Sat Aug 14th – Don’t miss the RAM Party and Austin Plunge Pool parties by Daddy Ersin on Saturday.
- Fuego ATX QTBIPOC dance party meets market. Sat., Aug. 7, 7pm. Cheer Up Charlies, 900 Red River. $10-20.
- Love Out Loud Brunch with Miss Vylette Ward. Sun., Aug. 8, 11am & 1:30pm. Trace, 200 Lavaca.
- Pride Pop-up Sunday Fungay. Sun., Aug. 8, 11am-2pm. 2609 E. Cesar Chavez.
- It’s Britney, Barge vs. ChromYachtica Dueling DJs on a boat. Sun., Aug. 8, 3:30-7:30pm. VIP Marina, Leander. $50.
- Freak Show hosted by Austin Pride, plus prescreening drag show. Tue., Aug. 10, 8pm. Blue Starlite Mueller II, 2103 E.M. Franklin
- Country Boyz! Boot scootin‘. Tue., Aug. 10, 9pm. Elysium, 705 Red River. $5-10.
- Rainbow Skate Skate around with fellow queerios and Austin Pride. Wed., Aug. 11, 7-10pm. Playland Skate Center. $9.50.
Austin’s LGBTQ scene has it all. You don’t have to look for rainbow flags or limit yourself to one small part of Austin if you’re interested in experiencing everything that the city’s large and diverse LGBTQ community has to offer. Unlike many places, which have only one or two areas known as ‘gay districts,’ Austin’s LGBTQ residents are truly everywhere.
Who needs a gayborhood when the whole city is one? We break down Austin by neighborhood, calling out a few of our favorite places and LGBTQ-owned businesses in each.
Downtown, Museums, gay dance clubs, a hike-and-bike trail around the lake — there’s something happening all day and all night in this city center. In 2012, a five-block section of West Fourth Street was renamed after Bettie Naylor, longtime Austin advocate for the rights of women and the LGBTQ community. Stay at the East Austin Hotel for a great experience, amazing pool and large rooms.
- OILCAN HARRY’S – Stop by OCH, the oldest gay bar in town, for weekly drag shows, late-night dancing and stiff drinks served by a super friendly bar staff. Insider Tip: Into sports? The back bar at OCH has been turned into a sports bar called Score.
- RAIN – Just two doors down from OCH, you’ll find this quintessential gay club. We’re talking DJs blasting pop remixes, a light-up dance floor and weekly amateur strip-off competitions.
- HIGHLAND – A popular gay lounge and dance club, this venue features guest DJs, dance competitions and themed events like drag queen bingo. Drag. Queen. Bingo!
- IRON BEAR – The only bear bar in town doesn’t care if you’re a bear; cubs, otters, wolves, and everyone else is welcome here, too. Insider Tip: Go on Sunday for a free karaoke party
With a strip of venues up and down both sides of the street, this is a popular destination for live music as well as dancing and food trucks. Red River is home to Austin’s growing alternative drag scene with multiple shows a month at Elysium and Cheer Up Charlies.
- CHEER UP CHARLIES – Listen to live music, dance under a parachute and drink kombucha from the tap at this LGBTQ-owned indoor/outdoor venue. Be sure to try the vegan
- SWAN DIVE – This live music venue is connected to Barbarella through a not-so-secret passageway in the back and hosts everything from live indie rock to burlesque shows.
- BARBARELLA – Known by locals as “Barbs,” this dance club holds themed parties most nights and stays open until 3 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Insider Tip: Don’t miss TuezGayz – a local LGBTQ tradition that takes place every Tuesday with happy hour until 11 p.m. and dance videos until 2:30 a.m.
- ELYSIUM NIGHTCLUB – You’re always in for a treat at Elysium. This warehouse nightclub has been hosting Austin’s alternative nightlife since 2001 and is home to a number of drag shows.
- JO’S COFFEE – This LGBTQ-owned coffee shop is home to the “i love you so much” mural and is an excellent place to grab a coffee and do some people watching. Insider Tip: Get Friday night started right with a live funk show here 7-9 p.m.
- HOTEL SAN JOSÉ – Pop into this minimalist oasis and savor a drink from the bar in their lush courtyard. Insider Tip: Hot day? Try their signature Frosé – frozen rosé with lemon.
Where to stay in during Austin Pride?
The following hotels are close to all the gay bars and the city’s main attractions. They all have high ratings with our readers and editors.
Gay Map of Austin
The gay clubs in Austin are largely centered around the 4th street gay district and don’t get going until around midnight. Most of the city’s gay bars are within walking distance not only of each other but of dozens of other cool mainstream bars and clubs downtown, mostly in the hip Warehouse District that’s between the Texas Capitol building and the Colorado River. The gay scene in Austin is well integrated with the town so people mix and you’ll often spot gay folks hanging out at the music clubs, trendy lounges, coffeehouses, and restaurant bars that everyone else in town likes.
Also, Austin is home to a very popular and scenic gay sunbathing area, Hippie Hollow Park, a county-operated, clothing-optional park that’s about a 30-minute drive northwest of downtown, on the rocky but scenic shore of Lake Travis.
Recommended Apartments in Austin
Sleeps up to 6 Guests
Every unit features a private bathroom & bath or shower, air conditioning, Living room & a dining area. Guests can enjoy a fitness & business centre, a shared lounge & garden. Free WiFi & parking
Sleeps up to 5 Guests
Each unit at the apart-hotel is fitted with air conditioning, private bathroom and kitchen with dishwasher, a living room. Offering an outdoor swimming pool and fitness centre. Free business-class Wi-Fi
Sleeps 5 Guests
The accommodation is air conditioned There is a seating & dining area with a flat-screen TV, a kitchen fitted with a dishwasher. Every unit features a private bathroom with free toiletries. Free WiFi
Sleeps 4 Guests
Apartment features include: king-size bed with memory foam mattress, Queen-size sleeper sofa, Fully equipped kitchen, living room with smart TV, high-speed Internet. One free parking space
Video Of Austin Gay Pride
Austin Pride Highlight Reel
Recommended Hotels in Austin
We have chosen hotels close to the best gay clubs in Austin which are largely centered around the 4th street gay district.
JW Marriott Austin
4 Star, Modern Classic
Located in the heart of downtown Austin, JW Marriott features a luxurious, modern design throughout the property, an edge roof-top pool, a great Spa and epic views
W Austin Hotel
4 Star, Readers Choice
The W Austin is the most famous gay-popular hotel in Austin, located just half a block from 4th street – Austin’s gay district with a great swimming pool and roof-top bar.
3 Star, Great Pool
With its hyper-instagrammable bright neon sign. The chic Austin Motel has an on-site restaurant, general store and main-road location. Rooms are stylish and fun.
1 Star, Great Value
Gay Friendly hostel within the oldest standing firehouse in downtown Austin offers a budget accommodation option for those who want to be close to all the bars and events.