From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Anchorage Summer Solstice Festival 2022
During the Anchorage Summer Solstice Festival locals and visitors gather for big celebrations, classic events, and a huge dose of outdoor fun on the days surrounding solstice. From hiking and biking to concerts and festivals timed to take full advantage of all the rays, summer is in full swing under the midnight sun. More than 30,000 people pack downtown for twelve hours of fun up until the midnight sun!
- Downtown turns into one big celebration on June 21, 2022, with Anchorage Downtown Partnership’s Summer Solstice festivities. This year, events are spread out across Town Square Park, Peratrovich Park, and E and G streets to ensure everyone can enjoy with plenty of elbow room. Artists, musicians, and other performers transform the city into a party.
The Path to Fun
- Out on Anchorage’s trail system, one of Alaska’s most popular running races hits full stride. The Anchorage Mayor’s Marathon & Half Marathon puts runners on some of Anchorage’s best trails. With a five-miler, half marathon, marathon and marathon relay, the race has great views. Runners often spot moose or other Alaska wildlife along the course.
- Solstice fun on the trails isn’t limited to the fleet footed; Flattop Mountain is great for hikers of all abilities. Stunning views of the city and surrounding mountain ranges make the hike popular all summer, but solstice is a special time on Flattop. Many hikers hold informal parties at the summit or even set up overnight camp.
- Many other groups choose solstice weekend for their events as well; so don’t be surprised if you find yourself in the middle of a cookout or swept up in the excitement of a parade. This year solstice coincides with Juneteenth celebrations in the community and Anchorage Pride Week.
The Annual Hero Games
- Service members from Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson competed against other teams in trials of strength, agility and precision while crowds of community members, families and friends watched and cheer them on. Who doesn’t love a man in uniform!
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action,
Recommended Hotels in Anchorage
4 Star – Central
A 42-inch flat-screen cable TV is featured in all smoke-free over-sized guest rooms at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa. A refrigerator and coffee-making facilities are included. A comfortable desk and a fax/copier/printer are provided. Pet-friendly rooms are available.
Guest rooms at Comfort Inn Ship Creek include in-room movies, games and coffee maker. Select rooms include relaxing spa baths and kitchenettes. Free weekday newspapers are available to guests. The hotel also features an indoor heated pool.
Four Points by Sheraton Anchorage Downtown is located in the heart of downtown Anchorage This hotel offers a wide range of amenities, including free WiFi Internet access. All two-room suites are furnished and feature sofa sleepers and coffee makers.
All guest rooms at the Marriott Anchorage Downtown feature air conditioning and private bathrooms. Every room also features over-sized picture windows, offering views of Anchorage and the Chugach Mountains. It features an indoor swimming pool
Recommended Apartments in Anchorage
The holiday home features 3 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 4 bathrooms with a bath or shower. A balcony and free WiFi.
1400 K Unit A
The property was built in 1971 and has air-conditioned accommodations with a balcony. This apartment has 3 bedrooms, a kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a flat-screen TV, a seating area and 2 bathrooms
The holiday home has 2 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV and a fully equipped kitchen that provides guests with a dishwasher, a microwave, a washing machine, a fridge and an oven. Towels and bed linen are offered. Free WiFi
Rustic Anchorage Hideaway Minutes from Trails provides beachfront accommodations with free WiFi. The apartment features 1 bedroom, a kitchen with a dishwasher, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom