From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Anchorage Pridefest 2024
Anchorage Pride 2024 returns with a fresh new look and a new organising committee, new events and a program for the future.
- Stay at the Hotel Captain Cook, rated “Superb” by guests with spacious rooms, a modern gym and delicious breakfast options with a great location for exploring the best of Anchorage.
Anchorage Pride Festival
- Awaiting dates – Alaska Pride’s main event features more than 130 food vendors, craft-makers and community organizations, as well as two stages of live entertainment.
- All ages are welcome to this daylong celebration of the Alaska LGBTQ community.
- Special guests will perform on the main stage.
- Noon-5 p.m. Delaney Park Strip, Ninth Avenue. Free.
- Other events, parade details and parties to be confirmed.
- Hotels in Anchorage in the downtown area tend have poor guest ratings. We recommend you stay a little outside the downtown district for better options. The Aloft Hotel is 2km from the centre with a beautiful pool, spacious rooms and superb service.
The largest city in Alaska, Anchorage is home to 40 percent of the state’s population. Anchorage is a small city with a small gay community. The few bars, as in most such cities, tend to mix everyone of all ages, genders and affinities together. There are also membership clubs to provide fellowship and organize events throughout the year.
- Mad Myrnas is by far the most popular. It sits in downtown Anchorage and has weekly drag shows, karaoke and other such events. This bar has been ranked in the top 200 gay bars of the world. There’s an outdoor section, a dance floor, a main bar area with pool tables, and a ballroom with stage and seating. Each section has a separate bar available.
- Raven is tavern style bar popular with local bears, otters and leather guys with fun underwear parties and an outdoor terrace.
- Vans dive bar and Bernie’s Bungalow Lounge are two popular gay-friendly bars worth checking out.
Recommended Hotels in Anchorage
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action,
Recommended Hotels in Anchorage
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Anchorage that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Hotel Captain Cook
4 Star, Good Rooms
This luxury hotel is 7 blocks from the Anchorage Museum. It features 4 restaurants, a conference centre, 15 retail stores and spacious rooms with flat-screen cable TVs. Free access to hotel Athletic Club is provided to all guests of The Hotel Captain Cook. The Club includes an indoor pool and separate men and women’s gyms.
4 Star – Central
A 42-inch flat-screen cable TV is featured in all smoke-free over-sized guest rooms at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa. A refrigerator and coffee-making facilities are included. A comfortable desk and a fax/copier/printer are provided for convenience. Pet-friendly rooms are available.
4 Star, Location
It features an indoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. All guest rooms at the feature air conditioning and en suite bathrooms. Every room also features over-sized picture windows, offering views of Anchorage & the Chugach Mountains. Café Promenade for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2 Star Good Value
Guest rooms at Comfort Inn Ship Creek Anchorage include in-room movies, games and coffee makers. Select rooms include relaxing spa baths and kitchenettes. A daily hot breakfast is served at Comfort Inn. Free weekday newspapers are available to guests. The hotel also features an indoor heated pool