From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Escape those mid Winter blues with five days of fun on the slopes at the Park City annual Gay Ski Week. Elevation Utah celebrates 10 years this season so come and enjoy an event full of hot athletic guys who want to crush it out on the slopes and on the dancefloor! More than 1,500 skiers from all over the country and beyond are expected at this year’s ski week.
- Book your lodging, lift tickets, ski rental equipment, lessons, and event passes well before your trip. The more organized you are, the more you will get out of the experience.
Where to stay during Utah Gay Ski Week
Try to book accommodations close to the action in Park City; you can walk to the events and not be reliant on Uber. Plus, you can ski straight from the town lift. Historic Main Street is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is the centerpiece of this mountain town. It’s home to dozens of restaurants, bars, galleries and unique local shopping experiences. The city’s free electric bus system will get you where you need to go around the centre of town.
- Peaks hotel – The official host hotel and always the first to fill up. The following hotels are also close by:
- Sheraton Park City – (4 min by car) Contemporary hotel with recently renovated guest rooms.
- The Yarrow – (2 mins by car) Views, views, views, simply stunning and 5 minutes from Main Street.
Getting to Park City
Park City is a mountain oasis located just 40 minutes from the Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). You can be downtown in Park City a half hour before you land in Salt Lake City. Checkout the best fares to Salt Lake now and find the best flight deal.
- Skiing and snowboarding are the main daytime attractions and participants have two world-class mountains to choose from, Park City Mountain and Deer Valley Resort. Park City, Deer Valley, and The Canyons all together form about 250 km Ski & Snowboard runs up to an altitude of 3.050 meters.
- Park City is the largest ski and snowboard resort in the country, with 41 lifts serving an astounding 348 trails. Park City and Canyons is the largest destination ski resort in the country with 7,300 skiable acres.
- The skiers-only Deer Valley is known for its uncrowded, pristinely groomed trails. It’s no slouch in terms of size, either, as it features 24 lifts that service 103 different trails.
- Take a winter zip tour mid-mountain above Park City Mountain Resort with Flying Eagle Zipline for an 800-foot-long ride through the treetops near the Red Pine Lodge area or soar 2,111 feet between Lookout Peak and Red Pine Lodge. Plan it all in advance with a private tour.
- If you don’t ski, a trip on The Quicksilver Gondola is worth the ride just for the view. Top the trip off with a long leisurely lunch.
- Explore this winter wonderland on a sleigh ride or try your hand at dog sledding behind a team of Siberian huskies or Hop on a snowmobile and roar through the mountains.
The skiing is just the start of what makes this week special, as après-ski events, entertainment, and dance parties give participants a chance to mingle. The event is most fun when you meet some interesting people early in the weekend, ski with them the next day, and then hang out with them again later in the weekend. That’s how you end up making lifelong friends.
- The Onesie Apres-ski is a big deal at Elevation Utah, and almost everyone wears a onesie—so be sure to pack one. Imagine, you have a room full of very comfy people, which is instantly relaxing. Walls come down; conversation is easier. The smiles and laughter are intoxicating.
- The GEAR theme for Saturday night’s big blowout party. “Gear” is loosely defined as leather gear, snow gear, sports gear, or anything you consider gear. The Elevation team does a great job selecting fun venues, developing creative themes, and hiring top DJs.
Dining out and entertainment
The best restaurants in Park City fill up quickly, so don’t wait until the week of the event to make reservations. Park City’s bustling nightlife is filled with concerts, jazz clubs, dancing, and film screenings, and you’ll find over 100 restaurants and bars to choose from.
- Boneyard Saloon and Kitchen – This gastropub is known for its wood-fired cooking and elevated bar food. You’d be crazy not to try its unique spin on small bite plates, pizzas and charcuterie.
- Handle – Serving American cuisine, Handle strives to wake you up to the joy of fresh cuisine, sourced from local and regional ingredients and served in a lively atmosphere
- Old Town Cellars – You’ll leave the cellar having indulged in the Official Wine of Apres with an elegant food and wine tasting experience.
- Stop at High West Saloon, the world’s only ski-in distillery in the heart of Park City’s historic downtown
Popular Venues during Utah Ski Week
- Downstairs – Bustling, high-energy dance club with chic, contemporary decor featuring DJs & a cocktail bar.
- Rockwell – Swank, dimly lit Western-meets-Victorian speakeasy serving up craft cocktails & live music.
- Cabin Lounge – Relaxed haunt featuring brews, bites & live-music nights in comfy brick-&-wood digs with a patio.
Where to stay during Utah Gay Ski Week
The following hotels are close to all the main parties and events and just a short trip to the ski rides.
Goldener Hirsch Inn, Marriott’s MountainSide, Stein Eriksen Lodge, Summit Watch
There are some stunning hotels
Book now and Pay on arrival.
The Montage is the hotel that we
like to stay in when at this event
For further information and advice on
Utah Gay Ski Week visit The Website
Utah’s premier ski area of Park City could be just the spot for your next winter adventure.
We recommend booking a hotel close to the sky resort
Featuring ski-to-door access, this Park City luxury resort features a full service spa, fine dining and an outdoor pool. A spa bath, free Wi-Fi
Located at Park City Mountain Resort, this hotel offers ski-in/ski-out access, views of the Wasatch Mountains and an outdoor swimming pool.
This traditionally adorned Austrian-style luxury hotel stands on a hillside next to the ski runs of Deer Valley Resort, under 5 km from downtown Park City.
Located on Main Street in Park City, close to shopping and dining, this hotel offers guest rooms with free Wi-Fi and an indoor and outdoor connecting pool