From: Thursday, Sep 1st, 2022
To: Monday, Sep 5th, 2022
The Bourbon Pub New Orleans Southern Decadence Official Party 2022
Celebrate Southern Decadence weekend at the official home of the best parties in gay New Orleans, The Bourbon Pub.
The Bourbon Pub is a 24/7 gay bar with 2 floors, a balcony & nonstop dance-club music keeping the party going. It is one of the most famous bars in North America and hosts the most sought after parties during the Southern Decadence weekend.
- Battle of the Bulge competition, the official kick off to the weekend. Do you have what it takes? Followed by dancing all night long.
- Boys on Parade, the best damn amateur strip night of decadence. New Orleans’ hottest guys on parade, taking it off. With Guest DJs.
- 18.30 – Bourbon Street Extravaganza Concert. A free outdoor concert at the corner of Bourbon and St. Ann Streets with guest performers on an outdoor stage, drinks and dancing.
- 21.00 until dawn – The After Dark Party with guest appearances, top DJs and sexy guys together with the Hot Ass Contest at midnight.
- 14.00 – The Southern Decadence Walking Parade. View the official route.
- 15.00- 20.00 – The Tea Dance, upstairs at The Bourbon Pub with guest DJs.
- Later – Late Night featuring special guest performances and all night dancing.
- 18.00 – 20.00, Hungover and Broke, Drink and Drown recovery party with the ladies of Lipstixx and Video DJs.
The French Quarter
- The best place to stay is in the French quarter which is where you will find most of the gay bars and clubs. There are gay and gay-friendly bars all over town, but the most famous are on the French Quarter’s “Lavender Line,” a stretch of St Ann Street that bisects Bourbon – including Café Lafitte’s in Exile, legendary as the oldest continuously operating gay bar in the United States.
The beat place to stay is in the French quarter, which is where you will find most of the gay bars and clubs,
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of New Orleans
If you want to be close to all of New Orleans famous attractions, including the top gay-nightlife options in the city, the French Quarter remains the hub of where to stay, with dozens of hotels of all types and grades.. Adjacent to the Quarter and just downriver, you’ll find a number of gay-friendly smaller properties in historic and trendy Faubourg Marigny, which is also home to several gay-popular restaurants and bars.
Recommended Apartments in New Orleans
1, 2, & 3 Bedrooms
All units here are air-conditioned and feature a flat-screen TV, a living room with a sofa bed, a well-equipped kitchen with a dining area, and a private bathroom with shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. A dishwasher, a microwave and fridge.
1 & 2 Bedrooms
Featuring accommodation with free WiFi, air conditioning and flat-screen TV, Bourbon Place I Sextant is situated 500 m from Bourbon Street and 700 m from St Louis Cemetery No 1. metered parking and a garage parking close to the property.
1, 2 & 3 Bedrooms
All units feature a cable flat-screen TV and iPod docking station. Units include a seating and/or dining area. The kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, Every unit comes with a private bathroom with a bath or shower, free toiletries, & a washing machine
1, 2 & 3 Bedroom
This air-conditioned apartment features free WiFi, the kitchen features a dishwasher, a living room with a flat-screen TV with streaming TV options and local channels are available. Other facilities at this two-bedroom apartment include a fitness centre.
Video Of Bourbon Street
A Visitor’s Guide to New Orleans’ Bourbon Street
Recommended Hotels in New Orleans
The gay bars and clubs are centred around the French Quarter, so we suggest you try and find a hotel in this district. The area has many boutique hotels offering a traditional Louisiana welcome.
The Roosevelt Hotel
5 Star, Luxury
The Roosevelt Hotel New Orleans features an outdoor pool and a 2,300 square-foot gym. The elegant hotel features The Rooftop Bar, a full-service spa and rooms with a 42-inch flat-screen TV. WiFi is available at a costs
Omni Royal, 4 Star
Sophisticated & Stylish
Located on the most fashionable corner, St. Louis at Royal, the hotel has received the 4-diamond luxury award for the past 27 years. Whether you’re visiting New Orleans for work or play this hotel is truly the place to see and be seen.
Royal Sonesta, 4 Star
Right on Bourbon Street
Located in the historic French Quarter on Bourbon Street, Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans offers accommodation with an outdoor pool, multiple bars, and a jazz club. The hotel is decorated with modern art.
French Market Inn
3 Star Central Location
Situated in the French Quarter, this New Orleans hotel was built in the 1800s and provides simple rooms with Air-conditioning, desk cable TV & coffee facilities. Guests are a 5-minute walk from Jackson Square.