From: Wednesday, November 29, 2023
To: Saturday, December 23, 2023
Stuttgart Christmas Market 2023
Stuttgart Christmas Market is one of the most authentic markets in Germany, with a magical Christmas village featuring over 300 different stalls.
- Stay close to the pride Christmas Market at the EmiLu Design hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests, with beautifully decorated rooms, excellent sauna and spa and perfect location and highly recommended.
- Stuttgart Christmas Market is one of Germany’s most charming, retaining its traditional feel thanks to its less “touristy” vibe.
- The market attracts local visitors from Germany and France and those in the know who seek an authentic German Christmas experience.
- More than 300 years old, it is one of the largest in Europe. The market typically begins on the last week of November and continues until the day before Christmas.
- Christmas transforms the town with fairy lights sparkling everywhere, the scent of cinnamon and vanilla, bratwurst and glühwein in the air and festive music sounding through the streets.
- More than 4 million visitors visit the market each year, passing by the beautiful 25-meter-high tree.
- Select the perfect Christmas gift, including traditional wooden toys, crib figurines, arts and crafts, jewellery, sweet delights and culinary delicacies from all over the world.
- The market also hosts live concerts with more than 60 choir and music groups, a giant fairy tale land with nostalgic carousels and a mini steam engine.
- Stay close to the market at Le Méridien Stuttgart with indoor pool, gym and spacious rooms.
Outdoor Advent Calendar
- The Rathaus (town hall) turns into a super-sized advent calendar! Each window reveals the coat of arms from each district in Stuttgart. Tip: the lit-up window displays are best viewed after dark.
- Keep an eye out for the stunning rooftop decorations at the Stuttgart Christmas Market in Marktplatz. Each stall boasts unique roof decor, including dazzling displays of baubles, lights, teddy bears, fruit and even mechanical reindeer.
The Finnish market
- Stuttgart’s Karlsplatz hosts a charming Finnish Christmas village with wooden stalls decorated in the colours of the Finnish flag.
- Visitors can enjoy Glögi, a Finnish mulled wine, Flammlachs, salmon cooked over a fire and even a cosy little Lavvu where you can devour all your treats.
The Antique Market
- Enjoy exploring the Antique Market on Karlsplatz square, complete with a heated tent filled with stalls selling a range of items, old books, antiques and paintings.
The main market is in the centre of Stuttgart in the downtown district, in the Schlossplatz, Schillerplatz, Marktplatz and the streets in-between.
- Stay close to all of the markets and the gay bars in the Mitte district at Der Zauberlehrling featuring designer rooms and an excellent onsite restaurant.
Stuttgart Christmas Markets are open Monday through Thursday from 10 am-9 pm, on Friday and Saturday from 10 am-10 pm, and on Sunday from 11 am-9 pm.
- Marktplatz – Home to the main market and the giant advent calendar, towering tree and stalls.
- Schillerplatz – Cosy market with a beautiful Christmas Tree and set to the backdrop of the Old Stuttgart Castle and church.
- Karlsplatz – Home to the Finnish market and the antique market.
- Markthalle – Quite a tiny part of the market overall, but home to some of the best food stalls with lots of eating space.
- Schlossplatz – Famous for the Ice skating Rink, light sculptures and stunning backdrop.
- Check out the hotels closest to the Christmas Markets
- Visit during the day and the night to get the best experience. During the day you can go shopping and enjoy a much less crowded experience. During the evening, you can experience the buzz of the market as the night descends and the lights twinkle as you enjoy a Glühwein or something stronger.
- Enjoy a slice of flammkuchen being served up near Schäfer’s Weihnachtsmarkt Hütte at the Schillerplatz market.
- Take a break from the cold and enjoy a drink in the Lavvu (similar to a North American tipi) at the Finnish market.
- Enjoy a wide range of food at the different markets. Stuttgart offers much more variety than other markets, from traditional classics like candied nuts and sausages to more unusual finds like truffle currywurst, German ravioli and more.
- Stuttgart’s LGBTQ+ scene in Stuttgart is vibrant, with several bars, clubs, and events.
- The main gay district is in the city center, around the “Hans-im-Glück” fountain.
Gay Bars and Saunas in Stuttgart: A Colorful Lineup
- Goldener Heinrich – Old Town – A rustic and welcoming gay pub in Stuttgart’s old town, open from Monday to Thursday (12:00-24:00), Friday and Saturday (12:00-02:00), and Sunday (15:00-24:00).
- Jakob-Stube – Leonhardsvorstadt – An LGBT-friendly pub in the Leonhardsvorstadt neighborhood with a diverse and colorful clientele. Operating from Monday to Thursday (16:00-01:00), Friday and Saturday (16:00-03:00), and Sunday (16:00-24:00).
- K29 – Der Zieglerkeller – Blumenstraße – The volunteer-run pub of the fetish-friendly association Gayzone Stuttgart e.V., open on Saturdays (21:00-04:00).
- Monroe’s – City Center – A long-established gay bar, offering its services from Monday (15:00-01:00), Tuesday to Thursday (15:00-03:00), Friday (15:00-05:00), Saturday (12:00-05:00), and Sunday (15:00-01:00).
- reBOOTS – Stuttgart West – A fun, karaoke-packed bar for LGBTs and friends. Operating from Tuesday to Thursday (19:00-24:00), Friday (19:00-03:00), Saturday (18:00-03:00), and Sunday (16:00-24:00).
- Ruben’s – City Center – An LGBT-friendly bistro bar with a street terrace. Open from Tuesday to Thursday (16:00-01:00) and Friday (16:00-03:00), as well as Saturday (14:00-03:00).
- Weissenburg – Stuttgart Center – Stuttgart’s center for LGBTIQs with a café-bar, counseling services, event space, and offices for groups and associations.
- Club 2B – Marienstraße – Venue of the Club 2B Stuttgart (Gay) e.V. with a basement ambience, bar, cruising area, lockers, and smoking and non-smoking areas. Open on Friday and Saturday from 21:00 onwards.
- Eagle – South Stuttgart – A gay cruise and fetish bar for over 30 years, also the club location of the Lederclub Stuttgart e.V. Operating on Tuesday and Thursday (20:00-01:00) and Friday and Saturday (21:00-02:00).
- Sauna VIVA – Near Center – A clean gay sauna near the center of Stuttgart, open daily (14:00-23:00) and until 01:00 on Friday and Saturday. Admission varies from 14-22 €.
- Sauna Pour Lui – Bad Cannstatt – A small gay sauna in the north of Stuttgart, open daily (10:00-24:00) and until 01:00 on Friday and Saturday. Admission ranges from 10-20 €.
Recommended Hotels in Stuttgart
Here are the hotel we recommend that keep you close to all the gay bars and fun
Gay Map of Stuttgart
With a few exceptions, the gay clubs, cafes and one of two saunas, are located in the central “Mitte” district, or just to the west.
Recommended Hotels in Stuttgart By Bookings
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Stuttgart that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
This 5-star hotel is located at the Schlossgarten Park in central Stuttgart, 100 m from Stuttgart Central Station. It includes 2 excellent restaurants, a rich breakfast buffet each morning, and a spacious terrace. All of the air-conditioned rooms feature soundproofed windows, free WiFi, and a modern bathroom. Many offer scenic views of the surrounding gardens and vineyards.
4 Star, Readers Choice
Just a 2-minute walk from Stuttgart Main Station, this 4-star hotel offers a 24-hour bar, spacious rooms and a breakfast room. Rental bicycles are available for exploring the city. A large breakfast buffet until 11:00 each day. Restaurants and bars are just a 2-minute walk away. All rooms are air conditioned and equipped with cable TV and a minibar. The marble bathrooms include toiletries.
4 Star, Great Value
Located at the foot of the Weinsteige Hill, this centrally located, family-run hotel boasts traditional charm in this historic city. The 4-star Hotel Zur Weinsteige is filled with hand-crafted bronze, carvings and antiques. The romantic rooms benefit from these furnishings as well as being fitted with modern amenities, including free WiFi. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning.
Abalon Hotel ideal
4 Star, Location
Set in the heart of Stuttgart, this modern 3-star hotel offers a winter garden and peaceful rooms with free WiFi access in all areas. Secure underground parking is also available (for a fee). All rooms at the Abalon Hotel ideal include a bathroom with a shower, cable TV, and free WiFi. Some of the double rooms include a terrace.
Video Stuttgart Christmas Market
A taste of the magical experience at Stuttgart Christmas Market