From: Wednesday, August 28, 2024
To: Sunday, September 1, 2024
Spirit of Boise Balloon Festival 2024
For five magical days each summer — usually over Labor Day weekend — Boise skies fill with fanciful balloons during the Spirit of Boise Balloon Festival.
- Stay close to the gay bars and clubs of Boise at the Hilton Hotel Downtown, rated “Fabulous” by guests with spacious rooms and delicious breakfast buffet.
- Hosted annually at Ann Morrison Park, the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic brings together locals and tourists alike who enjoy being surrounded by endless colorful balloons, and inspiring music.
- All launches are weather-permitting, however they typically take place starting at 7:15 a.m. and last until as late as 9 a.m.
- You can frequently see the hot air balloons soaring over downtown Boise, with the occasional balloon falling on historic landmarks, including building rooftops, right in the middle of Broadway avenue, and even the front lawn at the Capitol building!
- With free tethered rides on select days, a chance to meet aeronauts each morning and one-of-a-kind night spectaculars, the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic is truly an event you need to experience!
The Night Glow Event
- The main event is Friday’s Night Glow performance. Starting at 6 p.m., the pilots will put on a nighttime light show for all ages.
- The 153-acre Ann Morrison Park is at 1000 S. Americana Blvd. There’s also an entrance off of West Royal Boulevard.
- The event also brings out vendors aplenty to the park, as well as plenty of food trucks offering delicious dishes.
- Live music acts will perform each evening.
- The park is a 6-minute drive from downtown Boise.
- Stay close to the park at the Hotel 43 Boise, rated “Fabulous” by guests, in a quite location, but close to all the bars downtown and just a short ride to the park.
Recommended Hotels in Boise
The following hotels are conveniently located near the park where the festival takes place:
Recommended Hotels in Boise By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Boise that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
3 Star – Central Location
While staying at the Boise-Downtown Hampton Inn and Suites guests can enjoy relaxing in the indoor pool, working out in the modern fitness centre or browsing the internet with free wireless access. The hotel also offers 24-hour business facilities.
3 Star Amazing Location
Home2 Suites By Hilton Boise Downtown features air-conditioned rooms with flat-screen TV in the Downtown Boise district of Boise. The hotel has an indoor pool and a 24-hour front desk and free WiFi.
The Grove Hotel
4 Star – Great Amenities
The Grove Hotel features a restaurant, fitness centre, a bar and shared lounge and a terrace, At the hotel guests are welcome to take advantage of an indoor swimming pool, a hot tub, a sauna, The Grove Hotel also provides on-site ATM machine and a business centre
Hotel 43 Boise
4 Star – Perfect Location
All rooms at Hotel 43 Boise are fitted with luxury bedding and features designer amenities and bathrobes in the en suite bathroom. Each one has a large work desk with an ergonomic chair and a 50” HD TV. There is a well-equipped fitness centre.