From: Sunday, December 17, 2023
To: Sunday, December 17, 2023
Shiprekt Sydney 2023
Sydney’s LGBTQIA+ boat party is back for another season this coming Summer.
- Visiting Sydney? Stay at the Crowne Plaza Darling Harbour, rated “Fabulous” by guests featuring spacious rooms with exceptional views, large windows and a stunning rooftop pool.
- In what is predicted to be one of the hottest Summers in recent years, there is no better place than Sydney Harbour.
- Once again, GAYMentertainment is partnering with The Yacht Social Club to bring you the wildest, wettest, and gayest boat party on Sydney Harbour.
- Rent your own Catamaran and join a gay flotilla of fun during Sydney’s high season.
- Each boat has a BBQ to cook steaks, sausages and whatever else your heart desires.
- Upgrade your Sydney experience at the Capella Sydney, rated “Exceptional” by guests in a beautifully restored building in the centre of Sydney featuring stunning designer rooms and high-end amenities.
- Christmas special on Sunday 17th December.
- Australia Day weekend special on Sunday 28th January.
- Mardi Gras special event on Sunday, 25th February.
- BYO Drinks, Floaties & Food. 20, 30 & 40 pax catamarans available for purchase.
- Time: Registration & boarding begins at 10:15 am. Drop-off at approximately 4 pm
- Your ticket includes yacht hire, skipper, deckhand, BBQ, BBQ utensils, esky and, of course, the raft-up party with DJs, Sound System, Lifeguards etc.
- BYO drinks, food & inflatables. BYO food is mandatory to allow BYO alcohol.
- Pick-up & drop-off: Rose Bay Public Wharf, except for the 30 PAX Standard, which picks up and drops off at Lavender Bay.
- Rose Bay ferry wharf is located on the southern side of Sydney Harbour, a 15-minute drive from Oxford Street.
Recommended Hotels in Sydney
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Recommended Hotels in Sydney By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Sydney that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Located on Hyde Park in the Sydney CBD (Central Business District), Pullman Sydney Hyde Park features 2 restaurants and a rooftop pool and patio. All guest rooms offer views of the park or city and feature an LCD TV with cable channels. Pullman Sydney’s spacious guestrooms each include a desk, seating area and internet access. Guests can work out in the fitness centre.
5 Star, Readers Choice
Situated in the heart of Surry Hills in Sydney, Crystalbrook Albion offers accommodation with an eclectic mix of heritage and contemporary details. It features a 24-hour desk with a team of hosts available to offer individualized service, a rooftop garden oasis with views over Surry Hills and Sydney city and an honour bar featuring top-shelf beverages and gourmet nibbles.
4 Star, Great Value
Situated just 2 minutes’ walk from Hyde Park and Oxford Street, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Sydney offers air-conditioned apartments, secure covered car parking, plus a restaurant and café. All apartments feature an LCD TV, an in-room safe and a hairdryer. Full kitchen facilities or a kitchenette are also provided. Guests have access to laundry and dry cleaning facilities
Rydges Sydney Central
4 Star, Location
Located on the edge of the Sydney Central Business District, Rydges Sydney Central features a 15 m indoor pool, a spa, 1 bar and 2 restaurants. All rooms and suites at the Rydges Sydney Central come with deluxe beds and custom furnishings. Modern amenities include internet access and a large flat-screen TV. Guests can work-out in the fitness centre and unwind in the sauna.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Sydney
Sydney, has several neighborhoods known for their LGBTQ+ friendliness and vibrant culture. These areas are popular among the LGBTQ+ community and allies, offering a variety of entertainment, nightlife, and cultural experiences.
Darlinghurst | The Gay Hub of Sydney
- Known as Sydney’s LGBTQ+ hub,
- Darlinghurst is home to the famous Oxford Street, lined with LGBTQ+-friendly bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops.
- It’s the heart of the city’s LGBTQ+ scene and hosts the annual Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Darlinghurst
Next to Darlinghurst, Surry Hills offers trendy cafes, & a bohemian feel. Popular with LGBTQ+ travelers
Known for its alternative culture, street art, quirky shops, live music, and an inclusive vibe its a unique experience.