From: Wednesday, September 11, 2024
To: Sunday, September 15, 2024
Rehoboth Beach Bear Weekend 2024
Bears will find more than a few reasons to get some sand in their fur at the end of September. With a full roster of events and entertainment, this annual weekend is becoming famous for its huge attendance and cool activities. It’s sponsored by the Rehoboth Beach Bears, a nonprofit organization that holds social events and fundraisers throughout the year.
- This event fills up fast so book your hotel in advance. Check out the Brighton Suites, rated “Fabulous” by guests and close to all the beach bear weekend events.
Beach Bear Weekend Schedule
- Wednesday, September 11 to Sunday, September 15, 2024
- Events kick off on Wednesday with a social dinner at Chesapeake & Maine on Wednesday.
- Head to Happy hour on Thursday from 3pm to 9pm at Diego’s Bar & Nightclub, followed by a late night bar crawl to Top of the Pines.
- On Friday, hit the Vendor Mall at the Sands Hotel followed by Happy Hour at Above the Dunes. The Main party takes place at the Sands Hotel on Friday night followed by the Late Night Bar Crawl at Ritby’s.
- Saturday hosts the Aids Walk Delaware at Grove park from 9am. Happy Hour is at the Blue Moon followed by a late night bar crawl at Aqua.
- End your weekend on Sunday with brunch at the Sands Hotel and an afternoon closing party at the Purple Parrot.
- Stay at the Beach View Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests with a spacious outdoor deck and pool, highly-rated breakfast and excellent location.
Delaware AIDS Walk
- Saturday – There is no need to hibernate in the city with this line-up waiting at the beach. The event coincides with the classic Delaware AIDS Walk through town and on the boardwalk.
- Bear Weekend is not just for fun — it’s a charity fundraising event as well. Proceeds from the event go to different charities each year that are near and dear to the local bear community, including a scholarship fund at the local high school for students active in their Gay Straight Alliance.
About Rehoboth Beach
- Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, which is one of the top gay beach communities in the United States. This charming small town may only have a year-round population of about 1,400, but this number expands to 25,000-plus in summer, and you’ll find a remarkable number of fun bars and restaurants with significant gay followings.
The Gay Beach
- During the day, Poodle Beach is where the beautiful boys, masculine men, and everyone in-between go to frolic. Find it by going south down to the end of the boardwalk at Queen Street, and turning toward the ocean. (Later, keep your ears open for the legendary house parties at night.)
- Stay just 4 minutes from the gay beach at the Beach View Hotel, rated “Superb” by guests with an outdoor pool and spacious rooms.
Rehoboth Gay Friendly Venues
The following locations host special events and happy hours during the annual Rehoboth Beach Bears event:
- Aqua Grill – Gay favourite for strong drinks from post-beach on—and probably the best outdoor patio seating in the entire resort.
- Blue Moon becomes the hub of Rehoboth nightlife. Its roof retracts, opening the space to the sky above and giving new meaning to the term dancing with the stars.
- The Purple Parrot – Gay bar & restaurant with burgers & beer, bright cartoon murals & regular live entertainment.
- Diego’s Bar and Club – Largest ONLY Dance club-Beach & patio bar in Rehoboth. Dancing Friday Saturday Night.
- Top of the Pines – Dining, live entertainment, and event/catering venue space above The Pines in the heart of Downtown Rehoboth Beach. The Pines is a modern tavern offers a winning combination of sensational interior design, a lively atmosphere, creative american cuisine and craft cocktails.
- Cooter Brown’s – Classic American comfort food, specializing in bourbon drinks, in a modern, industrial setting.
- Chesapeake & Maine – Dogfish Head Brewery & Distillery is behind this casual, nautical seafood eatery with a raw bar.
- Above The Dunes – Seafood-forward restaurant from co-owners Mike Venanzi and Bob Frankis.
- For more visit our insider guide to Rehoboth.
Where to Stay?
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action:
Gay Map of Rehoboth Beach
During the day, Poodle Beach is where the beautiful boys, masculine men, and everyone in-between go to frolic. Find it by going south down to the end of the boardwalk at Queen Street,
Recommended Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Rehoboth Beach that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The Bellmoor Inn
4 Star, Luxury
- 4 Star – Near Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk, Spa
- Close to the gay district
- Seating area, work desk, bathrobes
- Walking distance to Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk, offers free WiFi, rooms with seating areas, and an outdoor pool and spa.
Avenue Inn & Spa
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4 Star – Indoor Swimming Pool, Fitness Center
- Close to the gay district
- Air conditioning, flat-screen TVs
- Features rooms in separate buildings, with air conditioning, flat-screen TVs, indoor pool, spa, and wellness center.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4 Star – Overlooking Lewes-Rehoboth Canal
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Balcony, refrigerator, coffee maker
- Contemporary hotel by the canal, 1.6 km from beach boardwalk, offers rooms with balconies, pool or canal views.
Beach View Hotel
3 Star, Location
- 3 Star – Seasonal Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Close to the gay district
- Free WiFi, sun terrace
- Accommodation with outdoor pool, free WiFi, private parking, sun terrace, near Rehoboth Beach & local attractions.